how can we get some of our teams on T V

skipper

What teams are you referring to in that area?  Name one that can compete with the teams you see on TV?  What teams down there have the facilities to showcase like the ones that get on TV?  Now I agree, teams from other states probably would not be able to compete against the Golden Triangle teams.  Now, if you are stretching the area to Houston, some of those teams get on TV, but I am here to tell you, nobody down there can play with the Wylies, Southlakes, Planos, etc.  Even your shining star Dayton lost in the state championship game to a team that got whipped by Longview, who in turn got destroyed by Lake Travis......Sorry to bring the bad news to you...

Those are TV teams.  I am just asking who you are talking about.  If you say you have some of the best around (football? talent? facilities?) then those are the teams you are going to have to top to get on TV.  So pony up my man.  Who down there can compete with those teams (football? talent? facilities?).  and I ain't your friend.  I don't even know who you are.  ...lol

WOS and PNG can what?  I am sure the uppities in the networks have been informed about the rivalry and they are not beating down the door.....I never said I knew anyone but I do know football across the state......If the Triangle would ever catch up(facilities, schemes) with the top programs across the state, they would get some national pub.  Glad PNG has taken the step to upgrade it's field, now who is next.......Look at the state champions from this year....1 from Southeast Texas- Katy......3 from East Texas SS, D'field, Carthage.....2 from Metroplex Allen, Prosper.....1 from Centex Lake Travis.....3 from West Texas- Muleshoe, Canadian, Stratford......

Hmmm well.Maybe money has alot to do with the exposure that teams get,but in MY opinion,it should be how good the team is not how much money they have.Case in point.Go look at max preps...Dayton made it all the way to to State playoffs and the only thing they have as far as photos is the game that Dayton lost against FRIENDSWOOD in the pre season of this year.Maybe its because Friendswood has money.Or the other reason why some Schools dont get much press is because they aren't 5-A...Just seems to me that unless you are 5-A you dont get much air time in SE Texas,I cant say about any other areas. 8)

I guess you're right in that money evidently rules.  The PNG/Nederland rivalry (Mid County Madness) has been going on for decades, but very little TV exposure.  It would be nice to hear some of the area teams be mentioned and some video shown.  Guess you got to have the money and know the right people in the HIGH places...hmmmm ???.

I guess you're right in that money evidently rules.  The PNG/Nederland rivalry (Mid County Madness) has been going on for decades, but very little TV exposure.  It would be nice to hear some of the area teams be mentioned and some video shown.  Guess you got to have the money and know the right people in the HIGH places...hmmmm ???.

The PNG/Nederland rivalry is of great interest if you are from one of those two communities.  Outside of that area it's really nothing more than another Friday night game...there is no statewide interest and certainly nothing that would warrent a TV audience.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83