*Sabine Pass (7-3) @ Orangefield (8-4) Updates/65-40 of Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

Guest bleed orange

Were is your sense of humor "Aggie". I look forward to that trend changing and it will someday. Our girls will always be able to compete with your girls. Our boys will to someday. I just hope I get to see it. ;D ;D ;D

Some day. Keep wishing, bleed. ;) ;D

Speaking of the girls teams, our Lady Tigers are gonna get their lumps this year. Take it easy on them, bleed.

Coach Killam(sorry If I misspelled his name) is a good coach and a fine man. He will right the ship. Sometimes you have down years. Wish your boys would have one. ;) Just one that all I ask.  ;D

Coach K is a class act. Yes he will right the ship. He had to do some culling this year. He is down to just 7 players on the varsity. The Lady Tigers will be back.

Bleed, don't count on my Tigers having a down year in basketball as long as we are in 3A. This is Silsbee's 5th year in 3A and they have played in the regional final 3 out of those first 4 years. The other year they lost to WOS in the third round after having beaten them twice earlier in the regular season. WOS went on to Austin that year. So you could say that since Silsbee has dropped to 3A, the road to Austin in region 3 has gone through Silsbee. No other team in class 3A in any region can say that.

Silsbee will return to Austin again this year making it 4 out 5 years in the regional final.

I hope they do because it speaks well for our district and also for our small section here in southeast Texas.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were is your sense of humor "Aggie". I look forward to that trend changing and it will someday. Our girls will always be able to compete with your girls. Our boys will to someday. I just hope I get to see it. ;D ;D ;D

Some day. Keep wishing, bleed. ;) ;D

Speaking of the girls teams, our Lady Tigers are gonna get their lumps this year. Take it easy on them, bleed.

Coach Killam(sorry If I misspelled his name) is a good coach and a fine man. He will right the ship. Sometimes you have down years. Wish your boys would have one. ;) Just one that all I ask.  ;D

Coach K is a class act. Yes he will right the ship. He had to do some culling this year. He is down to just 7 players on the varsity. The Lady Tigers will be back.

Bleed, don't count on my Tigers having a down year in basketball as long as we are in 3A. This is Silsbee's 5th year in 3A and they have played in the regional final 3 out of those first 4 years. The other year they lost to WOS in the third round after having beaten them twice earlier in the regular season. WOS went on to Austin that year. So you could say that since Silsbee has dropped to 3A, the road to Austin in region 3 has gone through Silsbee. No other team in class 3A in any region can say that.

Silsbee will return to Austin again this year making it 4 out 5 years in the regional final.

I hope they do because it speaks well for our district and also for our small section here in southeast Texas.

I don't know if you have looked at the brackets yet, but the third place team out of our district, should they win their first round game, would get a bye in the second round and would most likely face the champion of our district(Silsbee ;D) in the third round.

Also, the second place representative in our district, would face Navasota in the second round.

Guest bleed orange

I know a district championship is our goal but you have be realistic. If we do get 3rd then we will go were no Orangefield team has been before. I say if you can't get first then third is not so bad. ;D

I know a district championship is our goal but you have be realistic. If we do get 3rd then we will go were no Orangefield team has been before. I say if you can't get first then third is not so bad. ;D

Anytime you can make the playoffs you have had a good year.Good luck

Guest bleed orange

I agree "Catman" in this day and age but in the old days only the district champion made the playoffs. I do think two teams should make it. When you get to 3 and 4 then it is watered down.

I agree "Catman" in this day and age but in the old days only the district champion made the playoffs. I do think two teams should make it. When you get to 3 and 4 then it is watered down.

I think it should be 3..Bleed, remember a few year ago on the girls side I think it was 2007... WOS was the 3rd place team and they ended up beating Silsbee (the first place team) to go to Regionals...

I agree with Bobcat05.  I think there are a handful of districts in the the state that are deserving of 3 playoff teams, and i think that justifies the rule of 3 playoff teams.  The rest of the districts that dont deserve 3 playoff teams, those 3rd place teams are weeded out in the first round anyway.  I also like the fact that with the 3 playoff team system, you reward the winner with a first round bye.  I hope 3A and below doesnt go to the 4 playoff teams though, that would definitely be watering it down.  I've read the conversation between bleedorange and AAW and i like bleed's enthusiasm for Orangefield, and i have to agree with him.  Orangefield lost to HJ by 2 once and to Silsbee by 2 twice last year so they almost did it last year.  I think theres a good chance in the next 2 years they beat HJ or Silsbee in a game.  This years team has a lot of potential and next years team should be even better.  OF's 8th grade beat Silsbee's 8th grade already this year, so there is some talent coming into high school next year (6th grade is loaded with talent too).  OF doesnt have the enrollment or the athletes that Silsbee has, but i can see them being very competitive in basketball for the next 5-10 years.  OF doesnt have "tradition" in basketball (yet) but hopefully that is changing, and hopefully that continues to change with another playoff appearance this year.

Guest bleed orange

I agree with Bobcat05.  I think there are a handful of districts in the the state that are deserving of 3 playoff teams, and i think that justifies the rule of 3 playoff teams.  The rest of the districts that dont deserve 3 playoff teams, those 3rd place teams are weeded out in the first round anyway.  I also like the fact that with the 3 playoff team system, you reward the winner with a first round bye.  I hope 3A and below doesnt go to the 4 playoff teams though, that would definitely be watering it down.  I've read the conversation between bleedorange and AAW and i like bleed's enthusiasm for Orangefield, and i have to agree with him.  Orangefield lost to HJ by 2 once and to Silsbee by 2 twice last year so they almost did it last year.  I think theres a good chance in the next 2 years they beat HJ or Silsbee in a game.  This years team has a lot of potential and next years team should be even better.  OF's 8th grade beat Silsbee's 8th grade already this year, so there is some talent coming into high school next year (6th grade is loaded with talent too).  OF doesnt have the enrollment or the athletes that Silsbee has, but i can see them being very competitive in basketball for the next 5-10 years.  OF doesnt have "tradition" in basketball (yet) but hopefully that is changing, and hopefully that continues to change with another playoff appearance this year.

I agree, "aggie" will eat his words someday. Not only in basketball but football and baseball but not track. We have to work on that. ;D

I agree, "aggie" will eat his words someday. Not only in basketball but football and baseball but not track. We have to work on that. ;D

There's that "someday" quote. Right, and Silsbee will win the state championship in football, basketball, baseball, and track, in the same year, someday. My point is, even IF Orangefield were to beat Silsbee one time in the next few years, but then continue to lose to the Tigers after that, would still prove Silsbee's domination over Orangefield. A couple of wins over a 5-10 year period really isn't an improvement. It would more likely be a show of a down spike in Silsbee's program.

Beeninnikes, you go ahead and put stock into those 7th and 8th grade wins. I have been around long enough to know that Jr. High(old school here) wins doesn't always correalate to Varsity wins. I have personally seen Silsbee's 7th and 8th grade teams go undefeated yet not do well at the varsity level. On the other hand, I have seen our 8th grade win only a couple of games yet when that group were juniors and seniors, they went undefeated in district and went deep in the playoffs. Most times on the Jr. High level, it's about coaching, or lack thereof, that determines how well that group does.

Also, when you bring up the "almost" wins that the Bobcats had against the Tigers, I think it's only fair that you also post the 33 point blowout that Silsbee put on Orangefield last year.

I am not denying that Orangefield is not getting better in basketball, but I still think they have a long way to go to be on the level with HJ and Silsbee.

There's that "someday" quote. Right, and Silsbee will win the state championship in football, basketball, baseball, and track, in the same year, someday. My point is, even IF Orangefield were to beat Silsbee one time in the next few years, but then continue to lose to the Tigers after that, would still prove Silsbee's domination over Orangefield. A couple of wins over a 5-10 year period really isn't an improvement. It would more likely be a show of a down spike in Silsbee's program.

Beeninnikes, you go ahead and put stock into those 7th and 8th grade wins. I have been around long enough to know that Jr. High(old school here) wins doesn't always correalate to Varsity wins. I have personally seen Silsbee's 7th and 8th grade teams go undefeated yet not do well at the varsity level. On the other hand, I have seen our 8th grade win only a couple of games yet when that group were juniors and seniors, they went undefeated in district and went deep in the playoffs. Most times on the Jr. High level, it's about coaching, or lack thereof, that determines how well that group does.

Also, when you bring up the "almost" wins that the Bobcats had against the Tigers, I think it's only fair that you also post the 33 point blowout that Silsbee put on Orangefield last year.

I am not denying that Orangefield is not getting better in basketball, but I still think they have a long way to go to be on the level with HJ and Silsbee.

I put in bold some of the comments i noted on this post.  The words i would use to describe these statements would be cocky and arrogant.  Tell us how you really feel. lol.  I mean really, how could anyone besides HJ ever expect to come close to the almighty Silsbee Tigers ever in their existence.  And i guess what you're saying is if anyone ever does it will be a total fluke (like the 2 2 pt losses last year to OF were i assume by your statements) or just a total letdown on Silsbee's part because no one will ever surpass them.  You're not going to make anymore fans of the Silsbee Tigers making comments like this on the board.  In fact, all you really are making with posts like these is bulletin board material.

I put in bold some of the comments i noted on this post.   The words i would use to describe these statements would be cocky and arrogant.  Tell us how you really feel. lol.  I mean really, how could anyone besides HJ ever expect to come close to the almighty Silsbee Tigers ever in their existence.  And i guess what you're saying is if anyone ever does it will be a total fluke (like the 2 2 pt losses last year to OF were i assume by your statements) or just a total letdown on Silsbee's part because no one will ever surpass them.  You're not going to make anymore fans of the Silsbee Tigers making comments like this on the board.  In fact, all you really are making with posts like these is bulletin board material.

Just confident, not cocky.

And if you think I am concerned about getting more fans for Silsbee basketball, you're sadly mistaken. We got all we need.

Also, if a fan's perspective of Orangefield basketball is bulletin board material for the Bobcats, then Orangefield's program is weaker than I thought. But I don't believe that to be the case.

(the multiple user name is lame btw)

I put in bold some of the comments i noted on this post.   The words i would use to describe these statements would be cocky and arrogant.  Tell us how you really feel. lol.  I mean really, how could anyone besides HJ ever expect to come close to the almighty Silsbee Tigers ever in their existence.  And i guess what you're saying is if anyone ever does it will be a total fluke (like the 2 2 pt losses last year to OF were i assume by your statements) or just a total letdown on Silsbee's part because no one will ever surpass them.  You're not going to make anymore fans of the Silsbee Tigers making comments like this on the board.  In fact, all you really are making with posts like these is bulletin board material.

Just confident, not cocky.

And if you think I am concerned about getting more fans for Silsbee basketball, you're sadly mistaken. We got all we need.

Also, if a fan's perspective of Orangefield basketball is bulletin board material for the Bobcats, then Orangefield's program is weaker than I thought. But I don't believe that to be the case.

SILSBEE HAS A RIGHT 2 BE CONFIDENT 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami