Boutte New AD At PAISD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Football will be fine.  I just want Boutte to coach and AD.  So bye bye Henderson with your no coaching self and hello Boutte and hopefully and quality Head FC

I dont care who you bring in, PAM will never compete in football unless they have another Jamal Charles out there. I will go out say that they will not even compete with West Book unless they lose Stump and all they good players go back to OZEN.

Football will be fine.  I just want Boutte to coach and AD.  So bye bye Henderson with your no coaching self and hello Boutte and hopefully and quality Head FC

I dont care who you bring in, PAM will never compete in football unless they have another Jamal Charles out there. I will go out say that they will not even compete with West Book unless they lose Stump and all they good players go back to OZEN.

Whateva Player.  A strong player doesn't depend on 1 or 2 kids to save it.  It instills a coaching philosophy that no matter is midgets or giants come through, they will still win ball games. 

Boutte named new Exec A.D.

By Tom Halliburton

The Port Arthur News

Andre Boutte was selected Executive Athletic Director for the Port Arthur Independent School District at Thursday night's trustees meeting in the Stilwell Technical Center.

It's a bit surprising to high school roundball followers but Beaumont Ozen's basketball emperor of 12 seasons is trading in his whistle and coaching britches for a newly created administrative position. Boutte will work with new Memorial athletic director Ronnie Thompson to form the new leadership team for Port Arthur athletics.

"I think it was an opportunity I had to look into," Boutte told The News by telephone on Thursday after learning about his new position.

Boutte said he planned to discuss with Beaumont ISD administrators about the time frame for starting his new job.

"We haven't sat down and really covered any of that yet," Boutte explained. "Whatever's going to be done is going to be done with the kids' best interest. It's a difficult situation whenever you make a change from what you've been doing for 22 years."

Adding 12 years at Ozen, eight at Lincoln and two at Kountze, the former Beaumont Hebert basketball standout under Fred Williams has amassed an incredible resume, leading teams to nine UIL state basketball tournaments, and three state championships.

Those proved to be imposing numbers to PAISD schools superintendent Dr. Johnny Brown, who posted the position of Executive Athletic Director last summer.

It was Brown who first envisioned the need for a relatively novel concept within Golden Triangle school districts. The Port Arthur superintendent wanted an administrator who worked directly with Brown and maintained a very pro-active hands-on status with athletics of all sorts from grades 1 through 12. That will be Boutte's responsibility whenever his tenure will start. It's a job that appealed to Boutte but offered less of an ideal for Thompson.

"It will enable me to work with coaches on a wider scale and it interested me for several reasons," Boutte explained. "I have been a resident of Port Arthur going on about 20 years. Plus, I should be able to provide the leadership and direction for our athletic programs to be successful in a wide variety of areas.

A disciplined high achiever who led Lincoln to 4A basketball titles with a 34-3 record in 1990-91 and 35-3 in 1994-95, Boutte has been a vibrant, contemporary role-player in Port Arthur's athletic success prior to the PAISD's approval of consolidation in Sept. 2001.

Although Memorial has enjoyed a modest amount of athletic prosperity, it has never reached those heights which Boutte wished it would attain.

"I want to make Memorial proud from an athletic standpoint," he said. "It's been down. I want to get it back to that level which we had when we had the three schools, Lincoln, Jefferson and Austin. I'm very excited. I feel blessed and I believe we can accomplish more but only through God's will. I will work as hard as I can to fulfill that and I don't mind rolling my sleeves up and working."

Brown stressed late Thursday night that neither Boutte's executive A.D. position or Thompson's more traditional athletic director spot amounted to interim or temporary positions.

"We're delighted with coach Boutte's interest in the Port Arthur Independent School District and we believe he will bring much to the table," the PAISD schools superintendent said. "We think coach Boutte will fit in well and work in cooperation with coach Thompson and it will create a win-win situation for our program. I am very comfortable with the co-existence of the two positions."

A structural part of Port Arthur's new school is beginning to take shape from the vantage point of Lucian Adams Drive. The idea of a new facility received Boutte's wholehearted support when Andre mingled through Port Arthur's community.

"That (the new high school facility) showed the commitment that the community had in establishing a first-class learning environment," Boutte said. "I was definitely for the new facility. It will be boost the morale of the school."

While Boutte remained uncertain about his starting date at the newly created Port Arthur position, he also indicated that he had not had the opportunity to discuss anything with Thompson regarding the way their positions interacted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder