Lamar's "New" Football Helemt

Gtj007

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

I like both of the black helmets....If you talk to the "old" timers, navy was once one of the Lamar school colors. A Navy helmet with either a redbird or red LU might look good. ;)

Would some of the "Old timers" please say what year(s) they remember Navy being in the colors of the Lamar football uniforms?  I'm and old timer dating back to 1955 and I don't remember Navy EVER being in the football color scheme.  But then, ther's a lot of things I don't remember !!! ;D

Many have stated they are worried about the scaring that happens to helmets.

Many colleges and some HS that can afford it have practice helmets.

I know when Rutgers played Kansas State in the Texas Bowl a couple of years back, both schools had practice helmets and then broke out the game helmets.

A good equipment manager and student assistants will keep helmets clean up.  It is not that hard of a job to keep a helmet clean.

The white helmet is pretty sharp.

In the great landscape of college football, to me, Texas Tech has the best uniforms.  I didn't graduate from a high school with those colors nor am I a big Texas Tech fan but out of all the color schemes I do think red, black and as little white as possible is the best combination that you can get.  I am excited about the return of football too but we (Lamar) might as well look top notch while doing it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder