2A All-State List

Gabe

There seems to be a lot of bitterness about the choices.  Kirbyville did a good job of distributing the ball to numerous players throughout the course of the year.  Obviously, that diluted some of the numbers for the Kirbyville players.  Also, offensive stats are easier for people to gauge than defensive stats.  The people who voted on these choices were purely looking at the numbers.  "Style points" were not calculated into the All-State selections.  It's unfortunate, but, "Oh well."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of bitterness about the choices.  Kirbyville did a good job of distributing the ball to numerous players throughout the course of the year.  Obviously, that diluted some of the numbers for the Kirbyville players.  Also, offensive stats are easier for people to gauge than defensive stats.  The people who voted on these choices were purely looking at the numbers.  "Style points" were not calculated into the All-State selections.  It's unfortunate, but, "Oh well."

I understand that but I think this should be a lesson...It shouldnt be just about numbers!!! Just as you said..we did spread the wealth when it came to players, and that is not necessarily a bad thing, but as you say, it hurt them when it come time to pick. Like I said also in another post, some of these players had to get pulled early in the games so that WE wouldnt RUN the score up...which I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH!!! I think from now on..they should play these kids 4 quarters regardless...pulling them hurt their numbers!

The rese is actually more often true.  I have been told that some writers vote based on where a kid is listed on various recruiting service lists.

Why is everyone so sure the Beaumont Enterprise did not put people on the ballot?

So you are saying that the B.E. did everything they could to nominate the players?  Please...look at what a former employee that did a good job with the sports in the 90's says about their coverage of HS football and sports in general!  I don't know gdickert but I recognize his name from when he was there, and I can assure you that I have some old clipings from the 90's to prove what he did for HS football coverage.  They dropped the ball on this one and many others in yrs past!

The rese is actually more often true.  I have been told that some writers vote based on where a kid is listed on various recruiting service lists.

Why is everyone so sure the Beaumont Enterprise did not put people on the ballot?

So you are saying that the B.E. did everything they could to nominate the players?  Please...look at what a former employee that did a good job with the sports in the 90's says about their coverage of HS football and sports in general!  I don't know gdickert but I recognize his name from when he was there, and I can assure you that I have some old clipings from the 90's to prove what he did for HS football coverage.  They dropped the ball on this one and many others in yrs past!

Unlike others on this thread, I am making no claims about what they did or did not do.  Simply asking what makes everyone so sure the Enterprise did not put players on the ballot.

It may well be true they did not put players on the ballot.  I just have seen no evidence that is the case yet many on this thread are acting as if that is a fact.

It is entirely possible that SETX players were put up for vote and just did not get the votes that kids covered by larger market papers did.

We know for a fact that Justin Allbritton, Stephen Alfred, Randy Musgrove, Aaron Hazlewood, Deoir McNeil, Robert Boykins, Kody Johnston, Cameron Mitchell, and Broderrick Jackson were all on the ballot.

Someone put them there and for some reason I doubt it was the Dallas Morning News.

Guest rykerx144

Your blaming the large market papers, well muleshoe had five or six players just on first team, I guess your considering the  "Muleshoe Enterprise" one of them Larger markets, give me a break.. I just cancelled my subscription to the beaumont enterprise, my fifty cents might not break them, but they will never see another dime of mine again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unlike others on this thread, I am making no claims about what they did or did not do.  Simply asking what makes everyone so sure the Enterprise did not put players on the ballot.

It may well be true they did not put players on the ballot.  I just have seen no evidence that is the case yet many on this thread are acting as if that is a fact.

It is entirely possible that SETX players were put up for vote and just did not get the votes that kids covered by larger market papers did.

We know for a fact that Justin Allbritton, Stephen Alfred, Randy Musgrove, Aaron Hazlewood, Deoir McNeil, Robert Boykins, Kody Johnston, Cameron Mitchell, and Broderrick Jackson were all on the ballot.

Someone put them there and for some reason I doubt it was the Dallas Morning News.

Let me break it down for you!  If you read the Boremont Noprise during the reg. season you didn't see much about all the schools outside the Golden Triange!  They never had the stats from any of the games from small schools!  And don't say that the economy had something to do with it!  Now, maybe from time to time the would, but go look at www.chron.com and in the HS sports you can look up any team in the "greater" Houston area and wala!  Kirbyville SEASON, and GAME stats are there!  So please enlighten me as to how they can get the stats and the B.E. can't!  And trust me, you can't get an Chronicle in Kirbyville!  Ask anyone who lives there!  I know there is no evidence that someone there didn't nominate them but if you dare to venture outside of this site there are plenty of people that knew about the players in question here!  There is an old saying: "It's not what you know, but who you know", and I am sure that there are plenty of people around the state that work for AP papers who know about them!  They have only been around for 3 years starting for Kirbyville!

Let me break it down for you!  If you read the Boremont Noprise during the reg. season you didn't see much about all the schools outside the Golden Triange!  They never had the stats from any of the games from small schools!  And don't say that the economy had something to do with it!  Now, maybe from time to time the would, but go look at www.chron.com and in the HS sports you can look up any team in the "greater" Houston area and wala!  Kirbyville SEASON, and GAME stats are there!  So please enlighten me as to how they can get the stats and the B.E. can't!  And trust me, you can't get an Chronicle in Kirbyville!  Ask anyone who lives there!  I know there is no evidence that someone there didn't nominate them but if you dare to venture outside of this site there are plenty of people that knew about the players in question here!  There is an old saying: "It's not what you know, but who you know", and I am sure that there are plenty of people around the state that work for AP papers who know about them!  They have only been around for 3 years starting for Kirbyville!

I can assure we dont have Houston Chronicle..lol heck, we barely have a Beaumont Enterprise. Its hard to find any paper these days in Kirbyville unless its the Kville Banner! They are the only ones that care about our kids! (maybe even the Jasper Newsboy..lol) But I can tell you I have to travel to find a B.E. in kville..I dont know whats going on with them, but they have lost me as a customer too!

Well OK then....reason has certainly gone out the window.

Ya'll are right..it was probably some other newspaper that put all those SETX players on the AP ballot.

In fact, I bet the B.E. did not even vote for them when someone else put them on the ballot!  Down with them!

all yall guys need to quit whining.  its not anyones fault the 1st team all state offense looks like a muleshoe roster and the defense a daingerfield roster.

I did notice lots and lots of east texas teams.

If yall setx boys would learn how to hit,  some of yall might get recognized.

all yall guys need to quit whining.  its not anyones fault the 1st team all state offense looks like a muleshoe roster and the defense a daingerfield roster.

If you dare to look at the team again 2 of the 3 Kirbyville players were on Offense...As far as Jackson only being an HM DB!  That is a joke...he may not have had many INTs but I promise you that his presence was felt by opponents every week! 

I happened to have noticed the Daingerfield QB and running backs getting up off the ground after fumbling the ball from big hits when they played Newton. No scores in the second half because they couldn't take the big hit. Daingerfield won the game and went on to win state. But go talk your no hitting to someone that don't know the real truth.

I happened to have noticed the Daingerfield QB and running backs getting up off the ground after fumbling the ball from big hits when they played Newton. No scores in the second half because they couldn't take the big hit. Daingerfield won the game and went on to win state. But go talk your no hitting to someone that don't know the real truth.

Come on dude.... can't handle the big hit?  I seem to remember a few fumbles by the Newton Eagles in that game as well.  Are you saying the Eagles couldn't handle the big hit? 

The Real Truth?  I am not sure what that even means.  The Scoreboard.  That is the real truth. 

The real truth is that I had not spouted off about anyone being the greatest ever and talked trash about an entire area. If you wish to lump yourself in with the poster that did say all this, go ahead. The real truth is Daingerfield got tagged by Newton players and laid the ball on the ground. If your going to talk it you better have your facts straight. Newton also fumbled and lost the game. I, however, never condemned the entire North Texas area for Daingerfields inability to hold on to the ball. That would have been ignorant and untrue for me to have done that, just as it would be for someone to say southeast Texas does not have hitters.

The real truth is that I had not spouted off about anyone being the greatest ever and talked trash about an entire area. If you wish to lump yourself in with the poster that did say all this, go ahead. The real truth is Daingerfield got tagged by Newton players and laid the ball on the ground. If your going to talk it you better have your facts straight. Newton also fumbled and lost the game. I, however, never condemned the entire North Texas area for Daingerfields inability to hold on to the ball. That would have been ignorant and untrue for me to have done that, just as it would be for someone to say southeast Texas does not have hitters.

AMEN!

I know my facts..  Did you even read my post? I said I remember Newton laying the ball on the ground, are you saying Newton players couldn't handle the big hit?  Well????? You didn't answer my question. 

No, don't lump me in with another poster.  I didn't say anything about SETX not having hitters.  I did call you out on your ridiculous comment. You know as well as I do your post was just plain silly.  Now, you may have been responding to another post that was just as silly.  But, two wrongs don't make a right :D 

The real Truth is Daingerfield jumped all over Newton in the first half 21-0 and then let Newton back in the game in the second half with 4 turnovers.  The bottom line 21-18. 

I stand by what I said. You seem to be talking in circles. I never said Newton could take the big hits. I said you cannot condemn an entire region as that is a stupid comment. Bottom line is correct. What ridiculous comment are you attempting to put in my mouth? If you sleep with the dogs your going to smell like them in the morning. Same with defending post.

You know I dont know about you Newton fans but frankly I'm sick of dfield fans. They are so egotistical! Franknbeans you say your boys "LET" Newton back in the 2nd half..how about this...NEWTON DOMINATED YOUR TEAM IN THE 2ND HALF!!!  A team that you and your fans said wouldnt be able to do anything against your tigers. Yea the bottom line is Newton lost, but you know it wasnt by 60 nor 40 nor 20 it was by 3, 3 points that could have gone either way. So you tiger nation freaks need to have a little more respect for those newton kids. They played their hearts out and almost sent you home!

WAY TO GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

You know I dont know about you Newton fans but frankly I'm sick of dfield fans. They are so egotistical! Franknbeans you say your boys "LET" Newton back in the 2nd half..how about this...NEWTON DOMINATED YOUR TEAM IN THE 2ND HALF!!!  A team that you and your fans said wouldnt be able to do anything against your tigers. Yea the bottom line is Newton lost, but you know it wasnt by 60 nor 40 nor 20 it was by 3, 3 points that could have gone either way. So you tiger nation freaks need to have a little more respect for those newton kids. They played their hearts out and almost sent you home!

WAY TO GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

awww your just mad cause dfields ranked higher than vacuumville for 2009.  if newton dominated,  why didnt they win the game?

Hey Kvillefan1992 I'm sure that not all the Daingerfield fans are as arrogant as the ones here are. We know that Newton took it to them and gave them all they could handle. Next year is next year. Kirbyville and Newton represented the Southeast Texas area well and will again. I've heard all the same talk these guys are talking before and it won't change. Great year for Kirbyville and Newton.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder