STJFL Weight Limits

I think you have to win the super bowl to get karma lol...just kidding, I wished I knew as well. As for as what the other gentleman said about us in a panic, just to let him know we will panic when we stop winning lol.

I was at the weigh in for WO-S Junior Blue also and I can personally vouch they EVERY kid was weighed and MET the weight. You know I can understand why people are kinda jealous of our program because we win. Hey, why not insinuate that Lumberton is doing something wrong? I mean they had teams in all THREE divsions in the Super Bowl. When foolish people say foolish things guess what people think of them?

I respect every kid and coach in this league. I expect the same in return.

Well said Dragon. I don't think anyone is going to throw the red challenge flag on us for getting all three teams to the Superbowl. I bet next year when we win all three we'll be taking heat from all directions though. :)

Have nothing but respect for your players and coaches.

By the way: What is Karma and why don't I have more of it? I'm having to check twice before I cross the street now... Somebody give me some good Karma.  >:(

Once you reach 200 post you can either give karma which means you agree or like a post or you can smite them which means you didn't agree or like the post. Karma is positive and smite is negative. It's really just for fun. It doesn't mean anything. You can only smite or karma the same person once per hour.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if we keep playing in December the skates might come in handy as well lol.

I think you have to win the super bowl to get karma lol...just kidding, I wished I knew as well. As for as what the other gentleman said about us in a panic, just to let him know we will panic when we stop winning lol.

You may be on to something with that super bowl thing since you have +2/-1... I guess it's a good thing I got myself a plan for next year.

I call it the Tonya Harding Offense... Simple really. I figure I'll just let my boys keep their equipment from baseball season... lol :)

Once you reach 200 post you can either give karma which means you agree or like a post or you can smite them which means you didn't agree or like the post. Karma is positive and smite is negative. It's really just for fun. It doesn't mean anything. You can only smite or karma the same person once per hour.

Thanks for the karma td... I imagine I'll lose a couple hundred over the Tonya Harding thing though... Just figured since Snoop Dog didn't work out so well maybe we'd try something new!

• 4 months later...

The weight limits have changed for the upcoming season.

I have one question, out of all of the people who seem to know so much about how the league should be ran, how many of you have ever been to a STJFL meeting.  I would be willing to bet not many of you have.  Maybe you should go.  I can assure you that everything you are talking about has already been discussed as some point in time.  Do we always get it exactly right? No, but we do our best and I think we have a pretty good league to show for it.  For all of you people who don't seem to like what we have put out there for you to participate in, you do have another option.  Just QUIT if you don't like it, I promise the league will go on without you and probably smother. 

;D ;D

I have one question, out of all of the people who seem to know so much about how the league should be ran, how many of you have ever been to a STJFL meeting.  I would be willing to bet not many of you have.  Maybe you should go.  I can assure you that everything you are talking about has already been discussed as some point in time.  Do we always get it exactly right? No, but we do our best and I think we have a pretty good league to show for it.  For all of you people who don't seem to like what we have put out there for you to participate in, you do have another option.  Just QUIT if you don't like it, I promise the league will go on without you and probably smother. 

;D ;D

Thanks for verifying.

The by-laws are being updated and will be presented at the May meeting, but here is a snap shot.

Sr Tackle LO weight is now 160

Jr Tackle RB weight is now 105 and LO is 106-125

Increased Older lighter to 125 (crazy in my opinion)

The motion to change PeeWee 130 failed to pass

I hope this helps.

I have one question, out of all of the people who seem to know so much about how the league should be ran, how many of you have ever been to a STJFL meeting.  I would be willing to bet not many of you have.  Maybe you should go.  I can assure you that everything you are talking about has already been discussed as some point in time.  Do we always get it exactly right? No, but we do our best and I think we have a pretty good league to show for it.  For all of you people who don't seem to like what we have put out there for you to participate in, you do have another option.  Just QUIT if you don't like it, I promise the league will go on without you and probably smother.    ;D ;D

Thanks for verifying.

I guess he's in charge of Public Relations  ::)

No I just don't like to beat around the bush.  No one is forced to play, so if you don't like the rules don't play.  It is really quite simple.  If you are going to play then accept the rules for what they are and don't gripe about them.

I don't like to beat around the bush either.  The last negative comment was in December, so why start it up again. The first post this month simply ask a question that could of been answered politely.  Second, we have every right to discuss whatever we want on this board, that's the sole reason for it's existence. It's your attitude that gives the STJFL is reputation. From the STJFL website, " It shall be the mission of this organization to implant the importance of academics, good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, integrity, and courage of the children, parents, coaches and volunteers for the betterment of all involved in this organization now and for years to follow."  Your attitude showed lack of good sportsmanship and integrity. You should go back and read your By laws!

What reputation are you talking about, I wasn't aware that we had a reprutation.  I and why are you so offended by my comment, everyone on here is putting negative comments about the way the STJFL has its weights set up.  I simply stated that if you did not like it why play, I really don't see anything negative about that.  If you really new me, you would know that I stand on good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, and intergrity.  I know what the by-laws say because I wrote most of them.  My comment was not ment to be negative, I was just giving people there options, sorry if you took it the wrong way. 

Also I did not ask you not to discuss it, just to accept them and play or don't.

What reputation are you talking about, I wasn't aware that we had a reputation.  I and why are you so offended by my comment, everyone on here is putting negative comments about the way the STJFL has its weights set up.  I simply stated that if you did not like it why play, I really don't see anything negative about that.  If you really new me, you would know that I stand on good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, and integrity.  I know what the by-laws say because I wrote most of them.  My comment was not ment to be negative, I was just giving people there options, sorry if you took it the wrong way. 

Also I did not ask you not to discuss it, just to accept them and play or don't.

The reputation I have heard is the typical politics that you hear about every sport.  I guess I got offended because it was dropped in December and you came back in April continuing the negativity.  Land Shark asked a pretty nonthreatening question and you kinda went off. I'm sure your a nice guy, I may have taken your comments a little to negative, but I guess the "better off without you" comment struck a nerve.  No organization (including the government) will not have complainers and people who question the system. That's why I live in the USA......for my right to do just that.  I to, am sorry if I came across too rough, looking forward to discussing things with you in the future.

The by-laws are being updated and will be presented at the May meeting, but here is a snap shot.

I hope this helps.

Thanks it does with the new weights hes got leeway, hes only 75 now

go PNG Jr tackle (hopefully being on the white team again)

Gonesouth whos the new Bmt team that i hear is gonna be in the STJFL next year? and are they discussing having a longer season? some teams are gonna have a weaker schedule if we dont. Im trying to get on to be the PNG representative on STJFL but having trouble getting to some one in the know

;D ;D

I was not trying to stir things up, I just heard they upped the weight limits and didn't know if it was true.  You answered my question. I figured you read the whole thread and got fired up. No problem here. I like very much that kids have a place to play football with all the different communities. STJFL is a first class organization.

I hope this helps.

Thanks it does with the new weights hes got leeway, hes only 75 now

go PNG Jr tackle (hopefully being on the white team again)

Newindian, So do all the kids go back into the draft? If so, is that a local (PNG) rule or STJFL rule?

New Indian,

The West Beaumont Bulldogs are in now.  I am pretty sure the season is not going to be any longer than normal.  I am not sure I understand how anyone will have a weaker schedule by letting Beaumont in.  Also in case you don't know Woodville opted out for a new league closer to them this year.

land*shark,

It was not anything you said.  But your right I read the entire post and I just don't understand why people don't understand the we as volunteers spend countless hours for FREE, trying to put the best league forward for their kid to play in.  By best I don't mean best for their kid, but best for the entire league which includes about 1000-1200 kids.  A little less complaining and a little more understanding of what it is that we do for their kid to have a place to play would be nice. 

Guest Brubaker

No I just don't like to beat around the bush.  No one is forced to play, so if you don't like the rules don't play.  It is really quite simple.  If you are going to play then accept the rules for what they are and don't gripe about them.

Get a grip bud, shark asked a question with no malice... my goodness.

Brubaker,

I just stated that it was not anything that he said.  You need to read what has been said, my comment was never directed at land*shark, like I just stated.  Why don't you get a grip and stick to commenting on things that you know something about.  My comment was directed at all of the people who were griping about the weights.

;D ;D

Seriously dude, you need to grow up, and stop being so defensive. This is a message board, people are gonna have questions and opinons, to para phrase you, "if you don't like it just quit, I promise you Setxsports will go on without you."  ;) ;D :D

;D ;D

Went back and read the topic again because I couldn't remember any negative statements about the STJFL board. You're gonna have to point it out for me because I still can't find it. We don't know when the STJFL has meetings and wouldn't have a voice if we did so we hope you get ideas from other volunteers on this site. The board members did read it, discussed it in the meetings, acted on it, and we appreciate the value of our input.

This is the best run sports organization in the area because of the combined efforts of the STJFL board the local boards and all other volunteers that get involved. You can't please everybody but don't start throwing rocks at folks giving input to make it better.

I think I need to get "nice Lessons" from TeamRaider!  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder