Scratch Kelly’s Mike Long and Lumberton’s Alvin Credeur as candidates for PNG

A masters degree,,,, are you kidding me,,,, are there any "high school football coach 101" courses out there?????

PN-G will battle LC-M for last place next year, Why would Credeur leave Lumberton for PN-G anyway???

That would be like Mack Brown leaving UT for North Texas or Aggie Land (i was going to say Baylor, but they win games now) ;D

If I'm not mistaken, going back to Watson, didn't all PN-G coaches (Ethridge, Troy, Malone, not sure about the guy after Malone) have Masters except Burnett?  I think most schools, I feel the majority, in Texas where the HC is also AD, have Masters.  So based on that PN-G is operating in the norm.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Masters requirement will limit applicants on PN-G football job

Bob West column for Sunday, Dec 14

This is the hidden content, please

Where is the job listed?  It is not on the Texas High School Coaches Association website or the Texas Association of School Administrators website.  I looked on the PNGISD.ORG website and could not find the job listing.  By the way Summer Creek High School in Humble has already completed interviews and will name someone next week so they can begin the first week of January.  Why would PNG wait so long?  I remember as a kid going to PNG games and thinking what a great football town it was.  It has been allowed to fall from that standard and it is not the coaching staff which has allowed this to happen.  It is all of you on this board who whine and complain anonymously behind some screen name.  If you want to see PNG football return, get off your rears, get your friends who care about football and show up at the next school board meeting and every subsequent meeting and let them know how you feel.  By the way, you must sign up in advance to speak at the meetings. 

I agree.  Get involved!

Where is the job listed?  It is not on the Texas High School Coaches Association website or the Texas Association of School Administrators website.  I looked on the PNGISD.ORG website and could not find the job listing.  By the way Summer Creek High School in Humble has already completed interviews and will name someone next week so they can begin the first week of January.  Why would PNG wait so long?  I remember as a kid going to PNG games and thinking what a great football town it was.  It has been allowed to fall from that standard and it is not the coaching staff which has allowed this to happen.  It is all of you on this board who whine and complain anonymously behind some screen name.  If you want to see PNG football return, get off your rears, get your friends who care about football and show up at the next school board meeting and every subsequent meeting and let them know how you feel.  By the way, you must sign up in advance to speak at the meetings. 

Trust me, EVERYTHING on here is just speculation.Its getting comical. I believe people should stop throwing names out there. I know someone who has inquired and really doesn't want a lot made of it due to current situation. These guys have current jobs and most are in pretty good situations. These guys should be able to inquire in complete confidentiality. I believe most of us have done it.Anyway, I am feeling real good about the future now. We need to just sit back and be patient. Time will tell. :)

I believe people should stop throwing names out there.

Why?

Speculation and debate is the fun of the forums. It is not like PNGISD is going to care what a member of setxsports.com thinks.

Personally I think Mack Brown is going to be offered the job after stating that he is tired of the high pressures of big time college football and is looking for a place to retire.

A masters degree,,,, are you kidding me,,,, are there any "high school football coach 101" courses out there?????

PN-G will battle LC-M for last place next year, Why would Credeur leave Lumberton for PN-G anyway???

That would be like Mack Brown leaving UT for North Texas or Aggie Land (i was going to say Baylor, but they win games now) ;D

:D

I believe people should stop throwing names out there.

Why?

Speculation and debate is the fun of the forums. It is not like PNGISD is going to care what a member of setxsports.com thinks.

Personally I think Mack Brown is going to be offered the job after stating that he is tired of the high pressures of big time college football and is looking for a place to retire.

I agree about the fun on the boards, but after talking to someone who is interested in the job I changed my feelings and feel it should be confidential. This person is not worried about someone from PNGISD reading these post. He just has built a darn good thing where he is at and doesn't want to stir up anything with his current players or school.

Having a M.Ed. does not make you a great coach.  However, it can help in the administrative aspects of the AD position.  A coach is much more marketable when they have their master's and we all know that.  If you want to be considered for one of these "major" jobs, get your master's.  It is not that difficult if you work at it.

Another excellent post!

Having a M.Ed. does not make you a great coach.  However, it can help in the administrative aspects of the AD position.  A coach is much more marketable when they have their master's and we all know that.  If you want to be considered for one of these "major" jobs, get your master's.  It is not that difficult if you work at it.

Guest baseball25

The masters thing is a bunch of baloney. They all say that when its a big school that you got to have your masters. There just trying to cut it down a little bit. I mean your telling me that there not going to look at the Lumberton coaches resume, hell yeah there going to look at it and hes going to be a front runner. MASTER THING IS BS.....

This kind of job requirement usually goes like this, "Has a Master's or is studying to get a Masters". That will open the field back up. Many people are hired under this scenario. May not be worded that way in job posting, but if a Coach is a short time away from getting his Master's they would be a bunch of fools not to go with this approach.

Guest baseball25

I got plenty of buddies that are ADS and they have told me every big school says that the  job requirement u got to have masters and its a bunch of BS......I mean so basically there saying that there going to tell one of the best coaches in TEXAS (credeur) hell no we aren't interested don't even put your application in becasue you don't have a masters lol WHATEVER its all BS>>>>>

I got plenty of buddies that are ADS and they have told me every big school says that the  job requirement u got to have masters and its a bunch of BS......I mean so basically there saying that there going to tell one of the best coaches in TEXAS (credeur) heck no we aren't interested don't even put your application in becasue you don't have a masters lol WHATEVER its all BS>>>>>

One of the Best coaches in Texas? ::)

One of the best in the area, but Texas. No way. He has done good things in Lumberton in his short tenure, but you have to get your team into a couple of State Title games before you are a great coach in Texas. 2-2 in the playoffs is far from it!

You Lumberton folks crack me up! ;D

::) There's great Coaches out there without masters Degrees.

Maybe they know who they want and wrote the requirements to fit him.Who knows???????Stay tuned for some surprises.

Thats what it sounds like to me.  :P

You mean they would actually do such a thing?  I can't believe they would write the job description to fit  some pre-selected person!  Just Kidding, I believe they would and they shall do such a thing! ;D 

BTW - Does Pete Carroll have a Master's Degree?

Guest baseball25

Hey he is a great coach. If he had athletes like central and ozen does just think what he could do. He's winning with a bunch of players that believe in the system, that are coachable, and descent athletes and that what makes a great coach because... I can tell you this nederland,png,ozen,central,livingston,lcm, they all got better athletes than lumberton. Its all about getting your players to believe and thats what makes coach credeur such a good coach.......

Hey he is a great coach. If he had athletes like central and ozen does just think what he could do. He's winning with a bunch of players that believe in the system, that are coachable, and descent athletes and that what makes a great coach because... I can tell you this nederland,png,ozen,central,livingston,lcm, they all got better athletes than lumberton. Its all about getting your players to believe and thats what makes coach credeur such a good coach.......

Beard and Hannah just decent;

That is ridiculous, Credeur is a heck of a coach, as is Neuman, Stowers, and Burnett. The talent pools come through these schools in waves and the truth is that PNG did not have that great of a talent pool this year. Nederland has not been loaded with super studs the last few years either. Had they not taken 4 teams this year, they would not have made the playoffs fo second year in a row. "Woopty frickin doo".

Credeur is not a miracle worker, he is good coach with a good system who has these kids playing good football. They will have their down years just like everyone else. PNG has some good talent coming down the pipe and they will be OK.

The truth is that it takes that special group of kids to win it all and sometimes that is still not enough. Just ask Kirbyville, Freindswood etc.

Rough, excellent post.  Well thought out.

Beard and Hannah just decent;

That is ridiculous, Credeur is a heck of a coach, as is Neuman, Stowers, and Burnett. The talent pools come through these schools in waves and the truth is that PNG did not have that great of a talent pool this year. Nederland has not been loaded with super studs the last few years either. Had they not taken 4 teams this year, they would not have made the playoffs fo second year in a row. "Woopty frick doo".

Credeur is not a miracle worker, he is good coach with a good system who has these kids playing good football. They will have their down years just like everyone else. PNG has some good talent coming down the pipe and they will be OK.

The truth is that it takes that special group of kids to win it all and sometimes that is still not enough. Just ask Kirbyville, Freindswood etc.

Maybe they know who they want and wrote the requirements to fit him.Who knows???????Stay tuned for some surprises.

You mean they would actually do such a thing?  I can't believe they would write the job description to fit  some pre-selected person!  Just Kidding, I believe they would and they shall do such a thing! ;D 

master's degree in physical education from Pacific in 1976

master's degree in physical education from Pacific in 1976

Google strikes again!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont