**POST YOUR TOURNEY SCORES HERE**

KFDM COOP

If you watch enough basketball you will find out what you run into in the playoffs. Teams who are successful are teams that learn how not to let up on an opponent. Wasnt anything wrong with the way the coach had his team play. You have to constantly try to get better because I can tell you for sure the teams Evadale will play down the road are much better and tougher than the competition in our area.

So the teams in our area have to get better to make  everyone better. High Island is greatly improved from passed years and credit to their program. They are trying very hard to establish a good program and the coach is doing a terriffic job there. Im sure he will be the first to tell you that he would tell his team we have to get better to compete and we have to work harder not the Evadale coach is doing any thing bad.

Hats off to High Island, you girls keep playing hard and you are getting better and better and Evadale you just keep doing what you are doing.

One other thing Evadale has a Freshman,2Jr.and 2So. who have to have playing time and learn the system. You cant tell them to ease up you want them to learn also.

75-34 isnt that bad. Check out Zavalla Ty. Warren beat Latexo 76-8

Guest bleed orange

I agree, you can't tell kids to lay down. This is about competition, it is about life in the real world. Every kid wants to show a coach what they do. They want to play. If a team is getting beat that bad, Well get better. I promise your boss won't say " poor you". He/she will say perform or find another job. Wake up people. I know this is high school sports but it won't be long and these young people will be in the real world. Prepare these young kids, not cripple them. I see a society that is crippling them. Nothing wrong with that score!!!!

If you watch enough basketball you will find out what you run into in the playoffs. Teams who are successful are teams that learn how not to let up on an opponent. Wasnt anything wrong with the way the coach had his team play. You have to constantly try to get better because I can tell you for sure the teams Evadale will play down the road are much better and tougher than the competition in our area.

So the teams in our area have to get better to make  everyone better. High Island is greatly improved from passed years and credit to their program. They are trying very hard to establish a good program and the coach is doing a terriffic job there. Im sure he will be the first to tell you that he would tell his team we have to get better to compete and we have to work harder not the Evadale coach is doing any thing bad.

Hats off to High Island, you girls keep playing hard and you are getting better and better and Evadale you just keep doing what you are doing.

One other thing Evadale has a Freshman,2Jr.and 2So. who have to have playing time and learn the system. You cant tell them to ease up you want them to learn also.

75-34 isnt that bad. Check out Zavalla Ty. Warren beat Latexo 76-8

So what the Newton boys did to your boys was okay, even though your fans were calling Newton classless for beating them the way they did.  Was over watching the game and heard them say that them.  So it's fine for you to do it to people, yet when it happens to you it's not.

I agree, you can't tell kids to lay down. This is about competition, it is about life in the real world. Every kid wants to show a coach what they do. They want to play. If a team is getting beat that bad, Well get better. I promise your boss won't say " poor you". He/she will say perform or find another job. Wake up people. I know this is high school sports but it won't be long and these young people will be in the real world. Prepare these young kids, not cripple them. I see a society that is crippling them. Nothing wrong with that score!!!!

Ok, well I seem to have a problem with a coach and others who think it is perfectly fine to humiliate a group of 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Call me crazy but that isn't teaching anyone anything. I have to agree with 1880. You didn't like it very much when it was happening to your boys. Besides like it was said these are kids. What satisfaction could you possibly get in seeing them get beat down that bad?

hold on a minute folks you may have heard fans say that but I dont speak for all fans, just myself. IMO means in my opinion and you know how that is everyone has one so let me try and explain this to you again speaking for myself. I have never been humiliated by a competitor. I have been beaten badly in athletics and if you dont expect to get beat and you think you feel humiliated by being beaten by another team or athlete, then please dont get involved with sports.

We have gotten in the business of letting kids feel the other team has humiliated us. Not so, the other team practices harder, plays harder and wants to win more. Thats the point I am trying to make.

Large differences in scores dont mean humiliation, it just means you need to work harder, get more kids interested in your program and take your beating and move on. Try to reverse the trend by doing your part for the TEAM. Notice TEAM not individual stats.

There will always be people who see lopsided games as beat downs. Those are uninformed fans and people who like a nice warm fuzzy world.. Sorry the world isnt fuzzy and warm, its brutal and you better get ready for it and get as tough as you can while you are young. I dont mean that as violence I mean thicken your skin and get ready because the world will beat you down unless you learn to compete.

Americans arent in the world to raise weaklings, those countries dont survive. Look around its teachings are more about life than just a game.

On a lighter note compare the two halves of the Evadale-High Island game

1st half  37-15

2nd half 38-19

High Island played better the 2nd half. My hat off to the coach and players I think they are on the right track in High Island. They have some good wins this year and are getting better each game.

If it helps at all, Evadale played H-Fannett last year and got beat 47-19. They didnt play terrible they were just beaten by a better team and that made them work harder. No complaints from me, HF coach had her kids playing ball thats all.

Guest bleed orange

Ok, well I seem to have a problem with a coach and others who think it is perfectly fine to humiliate a group of 15, 16, and 17 year old kids. Call me crazy but that isn't teaching anyone anything. I have to agree with 1880. You didn't like it very much when it was happening to your boys. Besides like it was said these are kids. What satisfaction could you possibly get in seeing them get beat down that bad?

Good post "kbmpkn". Look I could see it if the coach pressed the whole game. But if that was not the case then I say get over it and move on. You got beat by a better team. If a kid has character then they will take that loss and work harder to get better. Also you say they are 15,16, and 17 year olds well at 18 they either get a job or go to college. Both of those is a challenge for young people. If they are not prepared they will mooch and live off of their parents for a while. One more thing, at what age are they not kids anymore? Because at 18 they think their parents are stupid and they don't have to listen to them anymore. I did the same thing but I learned that my parent were pretty smart. ;D

Good post "kbmpkn". Look I could see it if the coach pressed the whole game. But if that was not the case then I say get over it and move on. You got beat by a better team. If a kid has character then they will take that loss and work harder to get better. Also you say they are 15,16, and 17 year olds well at 18 they either get a job or go to college. Both of those is a challenge for young people. If they are not prepared they will mooch and live off of their parents for a while. One more thing, at what age are they not kids anymore? Because at 18 they think their parents are stupid and they don't have to listen to them anymore. I did the same thing but I learned that my parent were pretty smart. ;D

I agree. I have never lost a game by a large margin and thought the other team should have given us some slack. When you lose like that you have 2 options, either take it accept it and learn from it or feel sorry for your self and stay mediocre.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124