The search is on for new PN-G head coach...Interviews Start In Jan./Feb. 9 Hire

KFDM COOP

Guest rykerx144

Ok so what is so impressive about Tatum's stadium ? PNG's is alot larger as far as seating capacity. All the home side concessions and restrooms are under the bleachers and if it starts raining you can go down there and stay dry. My only wish is that they would put some video monitors under the bleachers so that while your in line you can watch the game.  I think the Res. will compete with about 80% of the stadiums in the state on usefullness and niceness !!!  JMO.

There is no doubt yall now have the nicest stadium in South East Texas.  There is no one denying that fact. Im glad the Indian faithful have something to brag about.  Cause Lord knows yall cant really brag about your only district  win was against a team that is thinking about hiring a baseball coach as the AD.  I am very glad that you now have the new stadium and ammenties that is defiently worth bragging over.  Keep up the good job guys!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, keep putting down PNG.  That just shows the quality of people you are.  I will follow any team in this area that is having a good season.  Matter of fact, i have been following Kirbyville the last couple of years.  They have been having some great seasons.  Congratulations on a great year.

Hey, keep putting down PNG.  That just shows the quality of people you are.  I will follow any team in this area that is having a good season.  Matter of fact, i have been following Kirbyville the last couple of years.  They have been having some great seasons.  Congratulations on a great year.

Agree.  You see a lot of Indian fans supporting area teams in the playoffs.  HONOR, PRIDE, TRADITION is what PNG is all about!

Guest rykerx144

Trust me! I agree too, my kids are going to this school and theres nothing more I want than them to be a part of a successful program.  Im sorry if you think my intent is to just bash your program because it is not. I just say what is on my mind whether you think it is polictially correct or not?  I just call it like i see it.  I continue to listen to these fan, teachers, and student complain about things that i cannot believe they are complaining about.  Just about every district in the state would die for same things you complain about and it frustrates me, sorry! Remeber this is just my opinion, and trust me I know my opinion is worth very little.  So if you dont agree then just disregard it, thats what my wife does ;D

Trust me! I agree too, my kids are going to this school and theres nothing more I want than them to be a part of a successful program.  Im sorry if you think my intent is to just bash your program because it is not. I just say what is on my mind whether you think it is polictially correct or not?  I just call it like i see it.  I continue to listen to these fan, teachers, and student complain about things that i cannot believe they are complaining about.  Just about every district in the state would die for same things you complain about and it frustrates me, sorry! Remeber this is just my opinion, and trust me I know my opinion is worth very little.  So if you dont agree then just disregard it, thats what my wife does ;D

You just might end up with Alvarez at PNG. Who knows?

Give me a reason why Neuman would leave Nederland. Just don't see it happening. Nederland just seems to have the better athletes at this time. Hes got a great staff, and seems to have parents that let him do his job and not criticize him. I believe changes needed to be made at PN-G, but running MB out of coaching was wrong.

Guest rykerx144

You just might end up with Alvarez at PNG. Who knows?

LOL  i dont see that happening?  I dont see PNG intrested in Alvarez

Guest rykerx144

man, we would hate to see him go, but you never can be upset with a man that is bettering himself.  He knows alot about football and is excellant at coaching the kids up, but will expect alot from the players and will not cater to the parents. 

The money could be better spent other places in the school district.  Like I said before, building a fine fancy stadium doesn't educate one child.  Plus, looking at PN-G's new stadium experience, it doesn't make a team play any better.  So, a new stadium at Nederland?  I wouldn't hold my breath.

Since Neumann can't get a nice stadium like PN-G's, you think he'll apply?

I'm sure he's applied along with alot of others!

Just a matter of time before Nederland will follow and build a new stadium. Neumann will retire as a Bulldog.

With the requirements that PNG has put forth, I think that we will shoot ourselves in the foot. A masters degree does hold alot of clout, but I truly don't think it is needed. That in itself shoots to many qualified candidates out of the water. Heck, most college and pro coaches don't even have a masters degree. The other thing is the time frame, along with all the other coaching positions available around the state. PNG is not the only high profile job opening.  LCM or PAM may end up with a better coach than PNG. If that's the case then I am happy for them, they both deserve to bring their programs up from the bottom or near the bottom and to be more competitive in the districts. I am beginning to think that either PNG's Board wants to cause issues or that they already have a favorite in mind. I feel that the Masters requirement should be listed as "Preferred" not required. I can't wait to see how this plays out. If it goes in the wrong direction, then the next time around for voting, I truly think PNG will have alot of new board members. I've been to several Board meetings and I do get irritated at the arrogance from the board at times. Remember, board members are voted in and they can be voted out !!!!!!! Board members were voted in to their positions by the community to represent the community, the tax payers, etc, not to represent their own interest.

Guest rykerx144

I agree, and that is the point I was trying to make earlier.  I have been told by several png poster to not believe the fact that just because it says masters required, that they will require a masters.  Then why put it?  All  your doing is limiting the amount of applicants.  If it says required, then are they still taking applications from coaches without a masters?  If not then it is a major issue and they will not hire anyone who does not have a masters because no one without has applied.  If they are considering hiring someone without a masters and are still taking applications from coaches who do not have one, then all they did by saying that a masters is required instead of preferred is limit the number of coaches who will apply.  Say you have a coach, that might be the best fit for the job and is defiently the one you would hire, and he got intrested in the job and looked into the boards requirements then he dont even apply.  So this means one of two things to me, one they made the requirment and dont care that it will limit the number of applicants, or they have someone already in mind and wanted to limit the number of applicants? 

I agree with you guys but i also have to look at some of this area's most sucessful coaches have a masters degree. I also wonder if a coach agree'd to "enroll" towards his masters would they accept his app. Who knows I hope they get the right man for the job. Good Luck Indians

Guest rykerx144

i agree there are several great coaches in the area with their masters, but there is also alot of coaches in the area without their masters.  I'm just saying why limit it when you could have just listed it as preferred and then they could choose to or not without the criticism. 

Well the required aspect of it all to me is hogwash !!!!!!!!!!!  I truly think that there are numerous very qualified coaches who would probably love to apply, butttttttttttt because its listed as "required" drops them automatically. Even if they were to say "hey, if I apply and get the job without a masters, but apply to get my masters will that work in order to get the job ?"  Its sad to say that this simple little statement of "required" could very well "require" PNG to do another search in a very near future if no qualified candidates apply !!!

Heck there are even college coaches that could apply from successful college programs, but wouldn't make it in the door because of a requirement. Sorry just ranting. I think the PNG board may be shooting themselves in the foot. Oh and the other rant, are they not going to allow a incoming HC to bring in his own people ?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami