R.I.P. Derrick Briggs*

SupA42

Derrick Briggs died in a car wreck in Houston, Texas early this morning. Briggs was one of the greats to come through dayton playing quarterback, linebacker, and defensive back! He went on to play cornerback @ Texas Tech a couple of years before getting in some trouble. Derrick you will be truly missed man fa real.. The Broncos will hold it down for you!!! One Love, SupA*

LocalWrong-way driver dies in serious accidentWednesday, December 10, 2008 | 7:26 AM  HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A wrong way driver died when he slammed into an 18-wheeler on the East Freeway.

[sIGN UP: Get headlines and breaking news sent to you]

It happened just before 2am, when investigators say the driver of an Impala headed westbound in the eastbound lanes of I-10. He veered into the path of an oncoming semi-truck. The driver of the Impala died instantly.

The truck driver and his wife, who was sleeping at the time, were not seriously hurt.

Story continues belowAdvertisementInvestigators aren't sure how the Impala driver got onto the East Freeway going the wrong way, but they suspect he was drunk.

The freeway was closed for several hours during the investigation, causing big delays during the rush hour.

My heart felt condolences to my classmate Rodis Briggs father of Derrick who I watched play as a young boy when I coached the Giants and later the A's in pony league.He will be missed by all who knew him.His grandmother Ruby (deceased) was one of the nicest ladies I have ever met as well as his auntie Mrs.Pearson(Simone's mom).I will be praying for this family and for Rodis who had a recent heart problem.May God comfort you all.

First of all, prayers go out to his family. I actually drove by this accident early this morning coming home from a call-out at work. I knew by looking at the wreckage that no one could have survived this accident and its certainly an eye opener to anyone who sees something like this.

I remember when I met Derrick back in first grade and we have been friends every since. He was a very smart and talented athlete. Alot of you know about Derrick's football, baseball, track, and basketball career but he also rode bucking horses and steers in junior rodeo's back in the days when we were in 3rd and 4th grade. I know he loved his baby, his mom and was proud to be a Dayton Bronco and a Red Raider. He will truely be missed.

RIP Derrick Briggs and Zach Smith

kinfolk we will miss u dearly and i will always remember the fun times we had when u use to stay right beside us and we use to act crazy but now u are in a better place where u dont have to worry about anything u are up there balling with the best so save me a place and say hi to my grandma until we all meet up again love u cuz        johnboy

My thoughts and prayers go out to Derrick's family as well. We were good friends for a couple years after playing summer league basketball together. Very tragic incident, and he will be missed. Its very weird that the day before this happened I wrote a post asking why Derrick wasn't getting any love on the "best Dayton QB" thread. I hadn't seen or even really thought of him in over 10 years until I made that post. He was a very intelligent guy, a great athlete and a tremendous person. We'll miss ya DB from Daisetta/Raywood.

To all of you,it was a sad day for alot of Dayton folk as it was standing room only for Derrick's service@11:00 He will be missed.There must have been 350 in attendance.The moving words from the bible by Simone Pearson were inspirational.Good to see all the great guys again and it still feels great to be called coach especially w/emotions of the day.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami