Texas Tech

UNLV

I spoke with the LU staff earlier today to ask this exact question. Here is what I was told they are doing on campus...

1. went and spoke to the student organization leaders about a week ago to encourage their groups to be at the game.

2. created a facebook event (whatever that is) for all lamar students who are on facebook.

3. creating flyers to hand out twice this week around campus.

4. emailing all of the LU Crew students with game info one day this week,then texting them a reminder the day of the game. I think they said they have about 1,200 students in the LU Crew.

5. Setting up a table in the Set (I think thursday or friday) to give out lu shirts, etc. and encourage students to come to the game.

6. holding a student organization spirit contest and giving away $400 bucks to the most spirited groups

7. Have spoken with a couple of the frats who are planning to tailgate before the game.

8. A sponsor is giving out 2,000 red lu shirts to the first fans at the game.

I'm not sure how much more they can do!! It's now up to the students to show up.

There will be more than 1500 people at the game for sure, however I hate how the enterprise SUCKS now, I thought Laney would bring more the paper, the articles are nothing better than stats. No interesting articles at all... the whole enterprise about as big as the chronicle classifieds too.

mffl, I know there will be more than 1500 PEOPLE there. I am expecting more than 6,000. But what I was talking about was having at least 1500 STUDENTS attend the game and be loud and racous. That's what this program has lacked as far as home attendance is concerned. We lead the league in home attendance every year but I would bet 90% of that is former students and just Joe Public. My guess would be that no more than 250 students attend home games on a regular basis. That's no better than what the other SLC schools do.

I have been a season ticket holder going on 11 years now and have taken both my son's (17 and 14 ) to many a game. The one thing they seem to always point out is "where are the students?" Now take in mind that they have also attended their fair share of Aggie basketball games too and are a little spoiled in the sense. But the fact remains, Lamar has to get more students involved than what they have had in the past.

I spoke with the LU staff earlier today to ask this exact question. Here is what I was told they are doing on campus...

1. went and spoke to the student organization leaders about a week ago to encourage their groups to be at the game.

2. created a facebook event (whatever that is) for all lamar students who are on facebook.

4. emailing all of the LU Crew students with game info one day this week,then texting them a reminder the day of the game. I think they said they have about 1,200 students in the LU Crew.

5. Setting up a table in the Set (I think thursday or friday) to give out lu shirts, etc. and encourage students to come to the game.

6. holding a student organization spirit contest and giving away $400 bucks to the most spirited groups

7. Have spoken with a couple of the frats who are planning to tailgate before the game.

I'm not sure how much more they can do!! It's now up to the students to show up.

I'm impressed by the level of promotion of the game at Lamar if all of this is true.

I'm hoping for 7000 at the game. 

These are the things that they say are going on.. but i have talked to atleast 5 students who have said that they had hear nothing so far promoting the game...  They can have professors announce it before each class or something.. They could do a lot more.

There was a facebook group started last night but the problem with that is its only sent to friends of the person who started it. Only 582 people will know about this unless those 582 send it to their friends and they send it to their friends and so on. I haven't seen any flyers being handed out and have not got an e-mail from lu crew(it is only Thursday though). I have heard about the other promotions but they aren't promoting them very well. If I was not an athlete or came on here, I am not sure I would know about this game unless they do put the table in the Set. The march to the montagne sounds like a good idea for the dorms to do. That itself could be sort of a promotion.

You know that last thing that I wanted to say about this.. Most of the students do NOT KNOW THEY CAN GO TO THE GAMES FOR FREE...

Well, I hate to be this blunt, but if they don't know that then they are friggin idiots! To be honest, when I went to LU I wasn't involved in anything...was just a commuter student who went to class and went home...and even I knew I could get in the games for free!

On a slightly different note, I did see a lamar vs. texas tech commercial this morning on channel six. anyone else see it?? I just caught the end.

I think everyone will agree that there will be more in attendance than usual.

No doubt, and you know there will be at least 1k of walk ups, probably 2k. There are going to be a lot of people there. And you know those obnoxious TT fans will show (no offense Ruckdad). By the way, who are you rooting for in this one Ruckdad?

Guest coachacola

I wish I could make it to the game but I won't be in town this weekend.  Whenever there's over 5,000 at a game the Montagne really starts to get loud and the game's a lot more fun.  Too bad this game isn't on TV or the internet because I really want to see it.

I wish I could make it to the game but I won't be in town this weekend.  Whenever there's over 5,000 at a game the Montagne really starts to get loud and the game's a lot more fun.  Too bad this game isn't on TV or the internet because I really want to see it.

And I thought you were a true LU fan ;)

Guest coachacola

And I thought you were a true LU fan ;)

:D I'm a true LU fan but not a dumb one!

I think everyone will agree that there will be more in attendance than usual.

No doubt, and you know there will be at least 1k of walk ups, probably 2k. There are going to be a lot of people there. And you know those obnoxious TT fans will show (no offense Ruckdad). By the way, who are you rooting for in this one Ruckdad?

I always pull for the school I got my undergraduate degree from over any others.  Plus I really became a college basketball fan in the Beaumont Civic Center watching the Cardinals, so I pull for Big Red but won't get real upset should things not go our way.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami