Lady Cards vs. Baylor Updates/Baylor Wins

As Will Sonnet used to say...

No brag, just fact!

You have to know old estern TV shows to know who Will Sonnet is.

Congrats on predicting that a top 10 team would give an SLC team a beat down. You are a genious. I don't hink anybody else saw it coming. If you hadn't posted the warning I would have been super surprised to see the final score... ::)

Hey when you are a Baylor grad who fondly remembers when your school was at least in consideration for a bowl game every couple of years. When your school is doing something right you just want to cheer. I respect the job that the Lady Cards are doing, but really, is this any different from the Lamar football team scheduling A&M in a couple of years. I can understand wanting to get better by playing better competition, but come on. Is it really in the players best interests to play a team that unless the bus breaks down is going to kill you.

It is like everything else in college sports, money! Why else would a lesser team really want to schedule a team that is going to not just hand a loss on you, but make you look bad in the process.

While I did not graduate from Lamar I have lots of people that are friends of mine who are or who are going there now. I expect the Cardinals men and women to be competitive in their conference night in and night out. THEY HAVE PROVED THAT! but I think that it is a bit much to ask of a team to play that far above their level. The Lady Bears are only a few years removed from a national championship. There will occasionally be an Appalanhan State/Michigan from a few years ago, but for everyone on e of those there are 500 romps.

I will say it "GO CARDS", but at least leave me the privilege to toot my horn about something from my Alma Mater, please? 

Yeller.. We are competitive in our conference and in other conferences that rank better than ours.. We need to make the jump sometime.. and we now have the people in place to do that...  Baylor cannot compete in the Big 12 nightly in most sports.      Lamar is on the upswing and Baylor has seen better days..

LUFAN

I agree that Lamar is on the upswing and I will be the first to say "GREAT JOB LU!" I would also so that the Bears (notice that I don't call them my Bears since I graduated in 1981) are still competitive in what is argueably the toughest division in the toughest conference in the country. Three teams in the final top ten in football for example. There are three teams ranked in the top ten in Men's basketball during this early part of the season.

And yes the Bears have seen better days, but I will say that the Bears have won a couple of national championships in the past few years (women's basketball and men's tennis). The Lady Bears are ranked in the top ten, the means team is ranked 24th just a few years removed from the program being nearly wiped out. The Bears baseball team is almost always ranked in the top 25 the Lady Bears softball team made it to the college world series last year. The Men's track team is always highly ranked and competing for conference and national championships annually. And now with the completion of the new $34 million indoor practice facility located on campus the Bears football team which won more conference games than they ever have since the Big 12 was formed looks at least in a position to draw more recruits and raise the level of play to a respectable level.

Better days in Waco, I believe that the best days are yet to come, but only time will tell.

Oh and one more time Go Cardinals!

Rebel Yeller..  I just had to give you a bit of a hard time... I know that they are doing pretty well in some sports these days.. I think that they need to be in a different conference though...

I think baylor has consistently improved. Shoot, they're better than A&M in basketball and football. Women's basketball they're always dang good, I'm not sure about Baseball and softball.. but I think they've proved and are proving they belong in the Big XII just as much as any team in the North.

No harm no foul LUFAN

But I do agree with mffl. The Bears are moving up in just about every sport and I can assure you that the money that Baylor gets from being a member of the Big 12 is big, "VERY BIG". 

Consider this if you will. In a two year period the Bears will have home football games with UT, OU, A&M, Tech, and OSU. In a four year period they will have home games with Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State. I can tell you that even the weakest team in the 12 is a better draw for a home game than TCU, SMU, Rice and even Uof H back in the SWC days. I am not knocking any of those other great schools, in fact they all have had great success since the SWC broke up, some much better than Baylor!

In the world of big time college athletics I will say again it is all about money and there is no doubt that despite the football record Baylor has benefited greatly from its membership in the Big 12 and if push came to shove I believe that the four schools that did not go into the Big 12 would have loved the opportunity to gain from being a member as Baylor has.

I do look forward to being able to travel the short distance into Beaumonet and see college football. I have a son at SFA and I went to a game this year, my first college game to attend in many years. It was awesome! I know the Cardinal faithful will enjoy having some great new memories on Saturdays. It will be difficult to begin with I am sure, but success will come I have a great feeling about the return of football to LU and I believe it will be a big boost to the entire area and I feel that it will have a positive effect on other sports on the LU program. Who knows maybe the Bears and Cards can get together for a football game in the future. I was a junior at Baylor the last time that happened in 1980.

This has been a great thread continued success to the Cardinals and to all their fans!

Who knows maybe the Bears and Cards can get together for a football game in the future. I was a junior at Baylor the last time that happened in 1980.

This has been a great thread continued success to the Cardinals and to all their fans!

Actually the last time they met was 1981.  18-17 Lamar  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder