Lake Travis 71 Killeen 9 Final

LT is the best team in texas football out of all classifications i keep trying to tell you guys

This is the truth.  Interestingly, Gilbert is actually the second highest ranked QB in the state.  Somehow Cody Green is one spot higher...probably from the running ability.  Can't say I agree...I don't know how this Gilbert kid is not the highest rated QB coming out of High School.  This guy will play on Sundays barring some unforseen injury.  This is the team that beat Dayton in the state semi's last year and yes they are that good.  For those that watched the Friendswood game tonight, they run a similar offense as Friendswood but they have a better receivers, running backs, and offensive line and their QB is like Peyton Manning.  He directs everything on the field out of the no huddle, is deadly accurate with a laser rocket arm, he sees the entire field, and he's big and slow.  The Gilbert kid holds the single season Texas records for passing yards and touchdowns...he set that last year.  Not sure where he's at this year.  They had probably 80 players on last year's team and not a single player played both ways.

Alright, I normally don't post but when I saw that someone said Cody Green was the highest ranked QB in the state I had to say that.  It is true Gilbert is the #2 ranked QB in the state, but it isn't because of Cody Green.  It is because of a guy named Russell Shepperd from Cy-Ridge the five-star QB who is the #1 ranked QB in the country.  He has orally committed to LSU.  Cody Green is good, but he is not the #1 QB in the state.

I live in the Austin area and have been seeing these kids all season.  LT would likely be playing next week even if placed in the 5A bracket.  No joke.

Agreed...their offense last year was the best offense I've ever seen in High School regardless of division. 

I agree.  After watching them last year they are on a whole'nother level.  What impressed me the most was that they had a kid for every spot on the field including special teams.  It rained the whole game and all of the receivers they had didn't drop the first pass, impressive.

Alright, I normally don't post but when I saw that someone said Cody Green was the highest ranked QB in the state I had to say that.  It is true Gilbert is the #2 ranked QB in the state, but it isn't because of Cody Green.  It is because of a guy named Russell Shepperd from Cy-Ridge the five-star QB who is the #1 ranked QB in the country.  He has orally committed to LSU.  Cody Green is good, but he is not the #1 QB in the state.

Rivels.com has Shepperd listed #2 ,Cody Green #5 and Gilbert #6 in the nation. By the way, Jacob Karam is #21.

Rivels.com has Shepperd listed #2 ,Cody Green #5 and Gilbert #6 in the nation. By the way, Jacob Karam is #21.

My bad, Rivals is where I was looking and I saw the two familiar names...overlooked the Shepperd kid.  My point was Gilbert is not the #1 ranked QB in the state, but he's the best I've ever seen and I watch a pretty darn good one every week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami