PNG football playoffs

texans

PNG has a great fan base, I'll give you that. But that pic is from the state championship game against Stephenville. Do you realize how many non-fans will attend a state championship game?...a bunch.

Well for some reason they all sat on the PN-G side. Stephenville didn't hardly have any. Amazing all those "non-fans" chose to sit in nose  bleed on PN-G side when they could have been on the 50, 25 rows up on Stephenville's side. ;)

Gee, I guess I should have said fans not from PNG. Do you realize how many people you are looking at, also the ones not included in the pic? PNG doesn't even have that many people. Weren't there some other games played prior to yours (Katy/Garland)? Some people make a day of it.

Hey, if Wikipedia said it, it must be right, huh?  ;)

This is the hidden content, please

School Spirit

PN-G fan school spirit is recognized statewide. PN-G fans are well-known for their pre-game parties and support of the school. Regardless of how far they have to travel, the communities of Port Neches and Groves and school alumni from across the state and nation recognize and support the efforts of the students and faculty.

Large crowds have become synonymous with PN-G games. During the high school football playoffs, it's common to see crowds of 30,000 to 40,000 dedicated Indian fans at a game. Record attendances include the all-time Texas high school record and national high school record of 49,953 at Texas Stadium for the 1977 State Championship game against the Plano Wildcats.

The Indians also hold the top high school attendance records for the Houston Astrodome. The 1999 4A State Championship game drew a crowd of 39,000 with 34,000 PN-G fans filling half of the Dome. The remaining top five PN-G crowds in the Dome are 38,570; 35,439; 33,836; and 33,000.

Generations of PN-G graduates faithfully pack Indian Stadium, affectionately known as the Reservation, to watch the new generation learn and promote the school's purple and white pride.

Baddog did you see my earlier post? I said "Have you been to any of their playoff games? Did you see they had open all the sections of the dome against Stephenville.Granted this is due to all the support from the sorrounding communities. We have to give credit where credit is due.We don't even have the population to support some of the crowds, but for some reason when we go everyone in the area supports( and it is much appreciated)."

Most of us know this crowd was made up of people from all over our area, but they did sit on our side. That same year we beat Brazosport in the dome and the next week at the LaMarque game I sat by a young couple(the lady was a teacher at brazosport) who said they were from Jasper and it looked fun on our side and wanted to come this week and sit on our side.Like I said , we can't claim all those fans but for some reason they come out and support us when we go. Once again it is greatly appreciated and makes it that much more fun.For the record  I attend most of Nederlands playoffs games whether or not everyone else from our area does or not.

Port Neches, Texas is 6 miles N of Port Arthur, Texas (center to center) and 85 miles E of Houston, Texas. It is in Jefferson county. The city is part of the Beaumont - Port Arthur metro area. The population of Port Neches is 13,601

Groves is a city in Jefferson County, Texas, United States. The population was 15,733 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Beaumont–Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area.

This is if every man, woman, and child attended....you do the math.

pngfan1, you are not who this is directed to. This is for Tomohawk chop.

lol.  Not even close.  I love how png loves to brag about thier attendance, like all those people were actually png fans.

Wonder why nederland hasn't played in front of such large crowds???

I think the Dayton Broncos know 63 reasons why :D

In the 2004 playoffs, Nederland had 49 reasons by halftime. Not much of a crowd for Dayton after the 3rd qtr.....and we pulled our starters.  ;D

Hey, if Wikipedia said it, it must be right, huh?  ;)

This is the hidden content, please

School Spirit

PN-G fan school spirit is recognized statewide. PN-G fans are well-known for their pre-game parties and support of the school. Regardless of how far they have to travel, the communities of Port Neches and Groves and school alumni from across the state and nation recognize and support the efforts of the students and faculty.

Large crowds have become synonymous with PN-G games. During the high school football playoffs, it's common to see crowds of 30,000 to 40,000 dedicated Indian fans at a game. Record attendances include the all-time Texas high school record and national high school record of 49,953 at Texas Stadium for the 1977 State Championship game against the Plano Wildcats.

The Indians also hold the top high school attendance records for the Houston Astrodome. The 1999 4A State Championship game drew a crowd of 39,000 with 34,000 PN-G fans filling half of the Dome. The remaining top five PN-G crowds in the Dome are 38,570; 35,439; 33,836; and 33,000.

Generations of PN-G graduates faithfully pack Indian Stadium, affectionately known as the Reservation, to watch the new generation learn and promote the school's purple and white pride.

Gotta love those Indians....that's why all us Indian fans bleed PURPLE!  PNG....simply the BEST!

Port Neches, Texas is 6 miles N of Port Arthur, Texas (center to center) and 85 miles E of Houston, Texas. It is in Jefferson county. The city is part of the Beaumont - Port Arthur metro area. The population of Port Neches is 13,601

Groves is a city in Jefferson County, Texas, United States. The population was 15,733 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Beaumont–Port Arthur Metropolitan Statistical Area.

This is if every man, woman, and child attended....you do the math.

pngfan1, you are not who this is directed to. This is for Tomohawk chop.

The nice thing about PN-G football is the community support, people from all over the country come home to watch the Indians in the playoffs especially deep in the playoffs. So it is not only the people from within the city its those who have left to start their lives elsewere. This is PN-G football. By the way, I have set in the stands for many Bulldogs playoff games Id like to consider myself a Nederland Bulldog fan every game but one a year. I guess you dont have to be from a town to be a fan.

FYI,  Wikapedia is not totally factual, since anybody and his brother can enter info there.  In fact, there's no doubt that a true PNG fan wrote, and posted, that peice.  Don't believe everything you read on the internet.  (And no, I'm not saying that anything in the article is incorrect)

PNG football has been fantastic many years.Many attendance records shattered and made.Riley Burnett coached me at Dayton in the 60"s and he was a good coach.The game in 1998 at Lamar U.is still one of my favorite games ever to watch.The purple exchanging td for td and both sides support was outstanding all night.You'll be great again,the pride and spirit is astonishing,wish some would rub off on some Bronco fans.We've had our times of mediocre teams,great talent,poor coaching years.Passing teams usually beat us.Now we have a great coach,talent,speed and our 3 best seasons were with good QB'S.Hoping the best for a great school w/the best fan support I have ever witnessed for high school football-PNG INDIANS the tradition in transition.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124