*Central vs. Lockhart/24-21 Central Wins!!!!*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a game that was made harder than it was.  I believe Central played good football on both sides for 3 quarters.  In the fouth quarter, we didn't have the killer instinct to keep it going.  Heck, at one point, we went through a posession that we couln't even snap the darn ball.  4th quarter, we stopped a last minute drive by Lockhart with a big INT, only to fumble on the next play to give the ball back to Lockhart when all we had to do was Kneel it.  You gotta keep your head in the game the full 4 quarters!

Our defense played a good game again.  Some of that tricky veer stuff fooled use for a big play every once in a while.  Other than that our defense made good tackles.  In this game, I give them a B+.

Offense, was much, much better this game.  Charlie Thomas looks to be back healthy again..  That Center to QB exchange needs a lot of work.  On key drives, this slowed us down.  We brought the backup QB in and he fumbled the snap too.  Our Center almosed costed us the game, but I'm confident he'll get it together.  I give our offense overall, a B+. 

Angleton will present a lot more challenges next week.  Cannot turn the ball over.

(BTW, I am happy!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D but in the late in the 4th quarter I was like  ??? ??? and  :o :o and finaly  :-X :-X >:( >:(  )

Im with you Soul, We need to stop all of the mistakes. My husband dont think that its the Center 's fault, It's the QB. Peanut. I said Bull.....s

I think it was the Center, Mama.  The fumbleing happened even with #3 under center.

I didn't even understand the QB switch. Our #1 QB wasn't hurt. He fumbled yea, but he's the starter. We get the 1st down on that drive game over. We tried to gift wrap that one for Lockhart. I say this Lockhart never gave up. They were pesty, man!! Good Win for us though. Gotta do better against Angleton

I just got back for the game. Central's defense played great. They were very prepared for Lockhart's offense. Great job by the defensive coach"s. Offensive Central did well, just miss on a few big pass play that would have broke the open. MAN !!! that 4th quarter was crazy. I have give Lockhart credit they gave it all they had, but Central defense made the big plays when they need it. GOOOO JAGS....

Congrats Jags. Brook will root you guys on next week while we're sitting our butts at home. Great win for Central, and for Beaumont. If I'm not mistaken, this ties the farthest Central has ever been in the playoffs....the third round. Maybe I'll accompany Soulja to the game next week. Heck, I might even wear a certain maroon and silver hoodie....if it's cold enough! ;D

Yes, this matches the farthest we've been.  In 2003, we made the third round only to lost to Bay City.  This year's team is a special one and have a chance to be arguably one of the best Jag Teams.

82, you wear too much red and blue to put the Maroon hoodie on.  Some of that lipstick red my smear off!  ;D

This was a game that was made harder than it was.  I believe Central played good football on both sides for 3 quarters.  In the fouth quarter, we didn't have the killer instinct to keep it going.  Heck, at one point, we went through a posession that we couln't even snap the darn ball.  4th quarter, we stopped a last minute drive by Lockhart with a big INT, only to fumble on the next play to give the ball back to Lockhart when all we had to do was Kneel it.  You gotta keep your head in the game the full 4 quarters!

Our defense played a good game again.  Some of that tricky veer stuff fooled use for a big play every once in a while.  Other than that our defense made good tackles.  In this game, I give them a B+.

Offense, was much, much better this game.  Charlie Thomas looks to be back healthy again..  That Center to QB exchange needs a lot of work.  On key drives, this slowed us down.  We brought the backup QB in and he fumbled the snap too.  Our Center almosed costed us the game, but I'm confident he'll get it together.  I give our offense overall, a B+. 

Angleton will present a lot more challenges next week.  Cannot turn the ball over.

(BTW, I am happy!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D but in the late in the 4th quarter I was like  ??? ??? and  :o :o and finaly  :-X :-X >:( >:(   )

Remember Soulja...it takes two tango!  We've got the best Center in the area...that was uncharacteristic of him...The way I saw it the QB's were pulling out too early...but you're right we need to get better!

Im with you Soul, We need to stop all of the mistakes. My husband dont think that its the Center 's fault, It's the QB. Peanut. I said Bull.....s

I think it was the Center, Mama.  The fumbleing happened even with #3 under center.

When they put #3 in, he looked as if he was in a hurry to run the play...he fumbled one with his back turn to the line as he reversed out!

I didn't even understand the QB switch. Our #1 QB wasn't hurt. He fumbled yea, but he's the starter. We get the 1st down on that drive game over. We tried to gift wrap that one for Lockhart. I say this Lockhart never gave up. They were pesty, man!! Good Win for us though. Gotta do better against Angleton

Peanut had his bell rung and #3, BJ, has done a good job when getting in there!  I don't mind the decision, sometimes you gotta shake things up and remind a kids you're only the man as long as you don't screw up!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124