Biggest hit you ever saw in HS football ?

KFDM COOP

I gotta say the semifinal game between WO-S and Kerville Tivy on December 12, 1987.  Quinton Tezeno stood the RB up the goal line for a goal line stand.  Awesome, simply awesome!!  The 'Stangs went on the win state that year against Rockwall 17-7 and finished the year undefeated 15-0.

I was sitting in the endzone at the dome right by that hit and it was so quick. The WOS defender was going in motion and broke it off in the backfield as they hiked the ball and hit the RB as he was being handed the ball. It was incredible. Game. Set. Match!

Playing a scrimmage vs Buna my senior yr.  I(QB) dropped back only to have to leave the pocket and was going for the 1st down when my TE came running straight back at me.  The second he brushed my shoulder I heard a sound comparable to a rifle.  Later to look back and see a LB flat "out" cold on the field only to wake up and start vomitting profusely!  Took about 20min to get the kid off the field.  Didn't see it but, the kid got ear holed!  Never saw it coming.

I was playing WR for Groesbeck back in the early 90's when we had 3rd and about 5. The play call was a quick slant to me and was what should have been an easy first down. As soon as I caught the ball they (Fairfield) had a LB the hit me so hard I was knocked out and woke up with snot bubbles. Then when I watched the tape I saw who it was. Tony Brackens. He was a senior and I was a freshman, he later played for the Longhorns and then the Jax Jaguars.

But, the hardest hit I think I have seen was the Dayton hit last year vs. Waller. I think it was Ford Smesny that hit that Waller kid and made his helmet fly about 8ft. in the air. Its the one thats on youtube.

I believe in 2003, the Nederland receiver, Atterberry, got ate up on a slant rout by Ozen's Tony Ward.  That kid was slow to get up ofter this hit.  But he went to the sidelines, sat out one play, and came back in like nothing happened. 

It was a huge hit, no doubt. But, it was Askew and not Atterberry if I remember correctly.

A hit that I can remember that probably looked worse than it was, was when Central played Nederland, in Nederland ,Brandon Williams senior season. He ran a QB keeper to his left. The play was on the Nederland side line. A Nederland D-back closed in on Brandon and Brandon lowered his head. The kid slammed flat on his back. Brandon just stood over him for a few seconds. The ooooooooooooo's were heard throughout the stadium.

A hit that I can remember that probably looked worse than it was, was when Central played Nederland, in Nederland ,Brandon Williams senior season. He ran a QB keeper to his left. The play was on the Nederland side line. A Nederland D-back closed in on Brandon and Brandon lowered his head. The kid slammed flat on his back. Brandon just stood over him for a few seconds. The ooooooooooooo's were heard throughout the stadium.

I remember that one.  I guess he didn't think Brandon was going to lower the boom on him.  He ran a LaMarque defender over the same way that year.

I remember that one.  I guess he didn't think Brandon was going to lower the boom on him.  He ran a LaMarque defender over the same way that year.

I remember that. It was on our sideline

Chris Gohlke (PNG) plowed right through a Lamarque WR trying to go across the middle on one of the first plays from scrimage for Lamarque in the 1999 playoffs at the dome. Looked like the guy never saw it coming. Chris got a personal foul called for standing over him after the hit (Chris stayed on his feet), but that set the tone for the rest of the day. LM wideouts got nothing else over the middle all day as PNG stomped 'em.

I also saw A. Griggie hit a number of weary defenders when running the ball for SFA back in the 80's.

And we haven't had that type of hitter or intimadator since then.

Gohlke was a beast and he still trains some of our kids, but remember Josh Cook he was vicious and seemed to take everything personal

I gotta say the semifinal game between WO-S and Kerville Tivy on December 12, 1987.  Quinton Tezeno stood the RB up the goal line for a goal line stand.  Awesome, simply awesome!!  The 'Stangs went on the win state that year against Rockwall 17-7 and finished the year undefeated 15-0.

This was an awesome hit and changed the momentum of the game.  Tivy took the ball in the second half and started this long drive and was making a statement that they were there to play.  Tezeno's crushing hit in the backfield stopped the drive at the goal line and completely wilted the spirit of Tivy.  From that moment on, EVERYBODY on both sides of the stadium knew who was going to win that ball game.  This hit became more than just a hard hit in one ball game...this hit set the tone and attitude for the WO-S defense for seasons to come. 

Back in the 80s.

Jasper was playing Willowridge at Cardinal Stadium in the playoffs.

Thurman Thomas was lit up by Eugene Seale on a screen pass.

Seale just ran right through him.

Eugene was the hardest hitter I've ever seen. He knock out opponents. In all three levels. He was a monster.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83