Hull-Daisetta Bobcats vs HighIsland Cards / Predictions and Comments

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No ones games against SP count in the district standings.

SP could not guarantee that they could even field a team. They adjusted the schedule moving SP and HI to the first week of district play to give both schools the opportunity to get things together. HI did SP could not so all the games SP played were not able to count in the district schedule.

District records will be calculated on the six other games not seven including SP.

this one wont even be close, yes HI is very much improved from a year ago and in a few year under coach colten will be in the mix for one of the playoffs positions but not this year HD will take care of business and the starters will be out by the 4th quarter

If you think HD can shut out HI, you are crazy. No one has been able to shut us out...not even evadale. Evadale whipped HD from the start, it wasnt until late in the second half when evadale was beating HI. You are extremely under estamating the cardinals, and we will prove that, 2:00 in High Island this saturday, in the cardinals nest. HD better be prepared for a game.

this one wont even be close, yes HI is very much improved from a year ago and in a few year under coach colten will be in the mix for one of the playoffs positions but not this year HD will take care of business and the starters will be out by the 4th quarter

If you think HD can shut out HI, you are crazy. No one has been able to shut us out...not even evadale. Evadale whipped HD from the start, it wasnt until late in the second half when evadale was beating HI. You are extremely under estamating the cardinals, and we will prove that, 2:00 in High Island this saturday, in the cardinals nest. HD better be prepared for a game.

We will see If you are that positive after the 1st quarter !!! HD has alot of head hunters and lots of athletes. Tell your Coach to show you the whole Evadale vs HD game film, not just the 4 fumbles and 6 personal fouls HD had in the game !!! Have him show you the two passes for TD's that HD dropped. What he is not gonna tell you son is HD played their worst game of the season against Evadale, and on that very night Evadale played their best game of the season. Played again anywhere in America HD crushes Evadale !!! In the 4 quarter when HD is up 49-0 you will be wondering where your Coach got his info !!

We will see If you are that positive after the 1st quarter !!! HD has alot of head hunters and lots of athletes. Tell your Coach to show you the whole Evadale vs HD game film, not just the 4 fumbles and 6 personal fouls HD had in the game !!! Have him show you the two passes for TD's that HD dropped. What he is not gonna tell you son is HD played their worst game of the season against Evadale, and on that very night Evadale played their best game of the season. Played again anywhere in America HD crushes Evadale !!! In the 4 quarter when HD is up 49-0 you will be wondering where your Coach got his info !!

You got BEAT son leave the past alone and worry about the cards. ;D ;D ;D

55 get over it!

We have been listening to your attempts to excuse away the HD LOSS to Evadale for five weeks. Your posts can't and won't change the way the game came out, how the standings are or the FACT that the REBELS are the undefeated District 23A champs.

You will have to use this tired line for the next year! But it still won't change this year. I would suggest that you focus on HI and your first round playoff opponent and give this delusion a rest! 

I got in touch with the UIL today and after much deliberation on their part and consideration that HD beat West Hardin by more points than Evadale did, (even though Evadale DID beat HD in what would seem a critical head-to-head competition),  they have deemed HD district champs by a newly installed "we beat them worser than y'all" rule.  This rule will no doubt cause some shake-up state wide!!!!!!!!    It is expected that Evadale will dispute these findings since they still believe being 6-0 in District and HD is expected to finish no better than 5-1 and in most districts in most states, make them District Champs!!!        ;)

I AM OF COURSE, JUST KIDDING...

I got in touch with the UIL today and after much deliberation on their part and consideration that HD beat West Hardin by more points than Evadale did, (even though Evadale DID beat HD in what would seem a critical head-to-head competition),  they have deemed HD district champs by a newly installed "we beat them worser than y'all" rule.  This rule will no doubt cause some shake-up state wide!!!!!!!!    It is expected that Evadale will dispute these findings since they still believe being 6-0 in District and HD is expected to finish no better than 5-1 and in most districts in most states, make them District Champs!!!        ;)

I AM OF COURSE, JUST KIDDING...

Under the new decision, I just heard that by virtue of beating Lumberton, Vidor is now in contention for the district championship in 20-4A. (j/k)

55 seriously, I have watched the Evadale HD film several times and in all honesty, Evadale physically whipped your beloved Bobcats. So, enough with the excusues, the dropped passes were not in the end zone(the only sure TDs), the penalties, the injuries are all part of football.

The real reason HD lost was the fact that they thought that could just give the ball to Cook and he would run wild and when that didn't work, y'all didn't have a gameplan.

my god you say for hd 55 to get over it yall need to get over it or start i new tread that say evadale district champs and yall get on there and tell each other we know evadale whipped HD. congrats on that but let the man get his point across. yall are about to ride a good horse to death. not sure if my earlyer pick will be correct. our points will be the same but give HI 13pts we may be missing 2 big deff. players in the gilmore boys. but dont worry bull and keith we will get the win for yall.HD 43 HI 13

First let me say that our thoughts and prayers go out to the Gilmore Family.

HD, good luck Saturday afternoon.  The Cardinals are expecting the Bobcats to be hitting on all cylinders and are ready for the challenge.  The Motto "A Force To Be Reckoned With" will be in full swing Saturday afternoon.  I know that when HD thinks of the Cardinals, they think that it will be an easy victory with no worries.  We don't want you to think any different this week.  Come on Down to High Island Saturday afternoon and lets play a good hard nose game of football.  The Cardinals have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Even though HD already has a spot in the playoffs, you know that the Cardinals are going to give you more than you want.  This game will be a good one.

Go CARDINALS!!!

H-D Bobcat 55...Man, get a grip. I've actually enjoyed reading many of your posts this season and I am impressed with the Bobcats but the rant above about the Evadale game was a bit much huh? You may be right to some degree but, unfortunately for HD, they won't be playing Evadale again THIS SEASON anywhere in America. And, as for the two TD's HD dropped. Those aren't TD's unless the receiver actually catches the ball. As for turnovers, those occur when either the other team forces them (implying they beat you on that play) or when the team committing the turnover beats itself on that play. Personal fouls are another thing. Perhaps, on occasion, a team gets called for a personal foul by mistake but that's a rare thing. I'm sure the Evadale fans didn't see it the same way just as I'm sure you rarely gripe and moan when the other team is hit with a penalty.

Don't mean to sound so critical but as the late, great Howard Cosell once said, "If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, oh what a merry Christmas we would have." Good luck to the Bobcats in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think you will take this one against the Cardinals although I don't expect a group of Hurricane hardened kids to lay down for HD, Evadale or anyone else. Go Cardinals! Prove 'em wrong!

H-D Bobcat 55...Man, get a grip. I've actually enjoyed reading many of your posts this season and I am impressed with the Bobcats but the rant above about the Evadale game was a bit much huh? You may be right to some degree but, unfortunately for HD, they won't be playing Evadale again THIS SEASON anywhere in America. And, as for the two TD's HD dropped. Those aren't TD's unless the receiver actually catches the ball. As for turnovers, those occur when either the other team forces them (implying they beat you on that play) or when the team committing the turnover beats itself on that play. Personal fouls are another thing. Perhaps, on occasion, a team gets called for a personal foul by mistake but that's a rare thing. I'm sure the Evadale fans didn't see it the same way just as I'm sure you rarely gripe and moan when the other team is hit with a penalty.

Don't mean to sound so critical but as the late, great Howard Cosell once said, "If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts, oh what a merry Christmas we would have." Good luck to the Bobcats in the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think you will take this one against the Cardinals although I don't expect a group of Hurricane hardened kids to lay down for HD, Evadale or anyone else. Go Cardinals! Prove 'em wrong!

Point taken. Good post. HD is not taking the Cards lightly. The Cards have alot of heart and have always played hard every game. I just feel since the 3rd quarter of the WH game HD is hitting on all cylinders. We played WH and crushed them 39-8 and that was a rivalry game, hard to do. From what I was told WH put it to HI, at one point 28-0.

I just wanted to wish both teams the best of luck Saturday. I have been so impressed with the way the Cardinals have bounced back from the hurricane. You really have pulled together when it very well could have fallen apart. I am not going to make predictions because any team can win on any given day. Whatever the outcome Cardinals, know that you have put on an impressive show this season. You proved to many that you are not the same team people have been kicking around for so long. I look forward to Saturday and hope you come out on top. As for HD, have a safe trip down. Again best of luck.

I'd like to say that my thoughts and prayers go out to the Gilmore family for their loss. If Scotty and Keith can't be there, I know the rest of the Cats will be bustin butt to play this one for them and their family. Overcoming tradgedy has become an unfortunate common theme for highschool football in Southeast Texas this year. I know the Cards will be fired up for this one, but I think HD will be too much for them, (although I did say the same thing about Evadale this year..lol). I know this will be a hard-fought battle and the boys from HD are treating this one like a Bi-District playoff game. For everyone else it's playoff time and High Island is,  or is pretty close to a playoff team this season. Good luck to both teams and I'll see everyone there. Working these 13 hour nights make it kinda hard to get there, but I'll be there to support the fightin red and black. Sam, Aaron, Tre, Yancy, Kevin, Matt and the rest of HD's leaders, this is championship time. This is where it all starts and you've gotta come together as one moving towards that ultimate goal of a state championship. This is the final prep for Mart and Alto and all those teams that stand in your way. I know you can do it!!!!

Hit Hard, Play Fair, and be Victorious

Point taken. Good post. HD is not taking the Cards lightly. The Cards have alot of heart and have always played hard every game. I just feel since the 3rd quarter of the WH game HD is hitting on all cylinders. We played WH and crushed them 39-8 and that was a rivalry game, hard to do. From what I was told WH put it to HI, at one point 28-0.

And here I expected to get blasted by you but you responded like a gentleman...Classy! I agree that the Bobcats are on a roll. Sort of the same thing going on in 20-4A. Livingston got spanked by Lumberton early on but has since picked it up. If the two met again, it could go either way. Somtimes a team just takes a few games to get the momentum on their side and then it's hard to stop 'em. Hopefully that's the case for the Bobcats, except for anytime you face the Cardinals. Spent a few of the best years of my life down there so I will never root against the Cards.

I feel your pain HDBobcats9, I am working nights on a TA at Rohm and Haas, Deer Park and hope to get some sleep in the morning before the game tomorrow afternoon.  I wish the players of both teams luck and want to again send out prayers to the Gilmore family.

Go CARDINALS!!!

The HR1 T/A....lol. I'm stuck out there too bro!! We'll have to hook up tomorrow night at work and talk about the game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
    • Come on dude, don’t take anything away from the kids on the field. If you want to talk uncharacteristic, we made what 3 or 4 errors in game one. Y’all had 2 EARNED runs.  Defense is normally our strong suit. Your ace didn’t strike out a single one of our kids. Like I said also, you did not out hit us in game 1. Hell you barley out hit us in game 2. We had all the uncharacteristic walks. Josh pitched a hell of a game is what made that game what it was.
  • Topics