Hull-Daisetta Bobcats vs HighIsland Cards / Predictions and Comments

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will determine if the cardinals can go to playoffs. It is worth to much for the cards to let the bobcats breeze through. This game will be a battle till the last whistle. The cards have had a great season and plan to continue it with a "W" against HD. Cook is a great player, but will not break the cards defence, and as for the cats "weapons"...it seems to be that Cook is the only weapon, when cook is out..the bobcats fall apart, ( against evadale). We will have to wait and see what happens.

HI- 28

HD- 20

HI Cardinal

Are you sure that point deferential is the way to decide. I always thought that if it two teams there was a tie between two teams then the head to head battle winner would be the one to advance. I believe that your scenario only would have worked if HD had lost to WH and then HI would beat HD, then HD would have been eliminated.

But HD did not loose, and to be honest I don't believe that HI can beat HD. You have a game group of guys that I have commended for overcoming a great deal. But I just don't see and HI victory at all much less by 8 or more points.

Head to head would not come into play because it would be a 3 way tie for 2nd.  West Hardin beat High Island by 14.  Hull Dasietta beat West Hardin by 31 but only 21 of those points count.  That puts West Hardin at a minus 7.  High Island is at minus 14 right now, so that means that High Island would have to win by 8.  That would put High Island at minus 6 and 1 point better than West Hardin.  If that scenario plays out then it would be HD div. 1 and Evadale and High Island would be div 2.

Hull and Evadale are already in, this just comes down to West Hardin and HI.

I've been pulling for the Cards all year long, and they have a scrappy team that plays tough and to the whistle. With all that said, unfortunately I don't think they can compete with Hull-Daisetta this year. If HD comes out flat like they did against Evadale then it may stay close for a little while. Another scenario could be that coach Slack pulls alot of key players to make sure they are healthy for the playoffs. I don't really see the Cards gettin a heavy dose of the Cookie Monster because we need him 100% healthy for the playoffs. My prediction:

Hull-Daisetta - 49

High Island - 6

Another scenario could be that coach Slack pulls alot of key players to make sure they are healthy for the playoffs. I don't really see the Cards gettin a heavy dose of the Cookie Monster because we need him 100% healthy for the playoffs.

This does not make much sense.  No coach I know would just rest starters when the playoffs are on the line.  Maybe if it was already sewn up, but that is apparently not the case.

Another scenario could be that coach Slack pulls alot of key players to make sure they are healthy for the playoffs. I don't really see the Cards gettin a heavy dose of the Cookie Monster because we need him 100% healthy for the playoffs.

This does not make much sense.  No coach I know would just rest starters when the playoffs are on the line.  Maybe if it was already sewn up, but that is apparently not the case.

HD is already in the playoffs.

Don't take the Cards lightly on Saturday. 

Ohh we won't reb. I know they played you guys and West Hardin tough. My prediction was based on the Bobcats coming out with the same intensity that they did against the Oilers. If they come out flat or over-confident it will be a heck of alot closer.

What time is the game scheduled for Saturday?

We wouldn't expect anything less Bobcat9.  It has been a long time for these kids down here to have something to play for come saturday.  Every year at this time they are already starting basketball, but now they have a grand opportunity to get into the playoffs.  Last night against Colmesneil, I think most of the boys were looking ahead to this upcomming battle.  You said if ya'll come put flat, well we had better come out with (but this time keep) the same intnesity that we had against Evadale, or it could be a real long night for the Cards.

IF...IF the Cards play with playoff intensity and keep it close or even jump out in front, the ball has a funny shape to it and strange things can happen. 

HI needs to paint every garbage can on campus red and black and kick the crap out of em all week, put #7 on some poor kid and tackle him in the halls all day, ie you better sell out to beating Hull or pull out your basketball shoes!!! 

HD is in the playoffs and may come out flat, (but I doubt it), it's all up to both coaches!!

This game will determine if the cardinals can go to playoffs. It is worth to much for the cards to let the bobcats breeze through. This game will be a battle till the last whistle. The cards have had a great season and plan to continue it with a "W" against HD. Cook is a great player, but will not break the cards defence, and as for the cats "weapons"...it seems to be that Cook is the only weapon, when cook is out..the bobcats fall apart, ( against evadale). We will have to wait and see what happens.

HI- 28

HD- 20

you may want to think again about this comment yes cook is great i know he lives at my house but he was out for 2 full games and HD put up over 120 points we will not be flat and it will not be a game HD by a bunch . the bobcats have learnt ther leason about taking teams lightly. they took evedale lihgtly and got whipped! HD43 HI 0

High Island gave west hardin and evadale both a run for there money, If you were at either of the games you would even admit it. HI can take on the bobcats. We wouldnt want to dissapoint you at all this close to the play offs. And the only weapon I see IS cook. you'll be lucky to have the rest of the team without him after halftime.

Good luck to both teams but im sure youll have your starters in the whole time.

HI 36

HD 12

WH had HI 28-0 if I remember correctly. Cook,Dickerson,Elliott,S.Gilmore,K.Gilmore and Dees are all better than anyone HI has on their team. We have many weapons it was easy to see when Cook went down we still scored 50 points a game. And # 43 I can't wait for you to meet #35 Keith Gilmore on kickoff, knockout time son !!! Night Night !!!

HD 49

HI  0

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33