Nederland's Suspensions

jake94

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

You won't get excuses, part of your team is what makes up the team.  You either have a program that can overcome some of these things or you don't, making excuses brings you down, that won't happen in Nederland.  This is no different than Beard playing on a bad wheel, it's part of the game and you are either good enough or you're not.  It's like Vidor complaining about this call or that call last week.... you're either good enough or you're not.

Guest tigersvoice

Again i agree that what they did was wrong and selfish but like I said they shouldnt be suspended the entire game. Half the game at the most would be plenty.

Half a game suspension??  What, did they just miss half a practice?

Actually this is a dumb reason to suspend them for the entire game. Maybe a quarter or 2 if anything but not the entire game. The kids had tickets to an NBA game so why not go? God forbid they be teenagers and have a little fun every now and then. The Rockets vs Celtics would be a great game to go to so why pass up the oppurtunity. Maybe they wanted to go and support the Kendrick Perkins. Nothing wrong with that. Terrible decision to suspend them the entire game.

Hmmm...let's see...they made a commitment to the team and then they broke it.  I'm sure everyone has a wife who would understand this: "but honey, I had free tickets to the strip club."  Think you'd be "suspended for one quarter" in that scenario??

FOr the season would be more likely    ;D

Actually this is a dumb reason to suspend them for the entire game. Maybe a quarter or 2 if anything but not the entire game. The kids had tickets to an NBA game so why not go? God forbid they be teenagers and have a little fun every now and then. The Rockets vs Celtics would be a great game to go to so why pass up the oppurtunity. Maybe they wanted to go and support the Kendrick Perkins. Nothing wrong with that. Terrible decision to suspend them the entire game.

Hmmm...let's see...they made a commitment to the team and then they broke it.  I'm sure everyone has a wife who would understand this: "but honey, I had free tickets to the strip club."  Think you'd be "suspended for one quarter" in that scenario??

FOr the season would be more likely     ;D

It would be a lifetime ban for me!!!  :o :o

So you think the kids crept out of the window and their parents, guardians, adult, knew nothing about where they were going.  If that is the case I hope they are not only suspended for one game but grounded for a month for running away from home without letting their parents, guardian, or adult know where they were going.  Get real.  Someone knew they were going and instead of saying no you have practice this afternoon, they basically said go ahead, you don't need to practice with your team for a game coming up.  You can have fun and let your team mates get ready for the game.  

You're making an assumption without knowing all the facts.  It could be the parents knew absolutely nothing about where they were going and for you to throw them under the bus without knowing all the facts is preposterous.

Someone allowed them to go and hurt the team.  Whoever that someone is did not take the opportunity to teach a life lesson and allowed these players to put their selfish gains ahead of the team.  You can try and save face as parents but at some point in time it is the responsibility of an ADULT to teach their young people how to act and how to make good decisions.  My kids will screw up and so will yours and when they do it will be my fault as well as yours if we allow it to happen and look the other way.

Isn't that life lesson being taught right now?  I think you've left the infield on this one unless you've got more information then we do.  Still can't see how you can call the parents out on this one.

Again i agree that what they did was wrong and selfish but like I said they shouldnt be suspended the entire game. Half the game at the most would be plenty.

Half a game suspension??  What, did they just miss half a practice?

Well did they miss the entire day of school? I know they have an athletics period and if they went to school that day then they went to Athletics so if you want to get technical like that then i guess yes they only missed the after school half of practice therefore half a game is enough of a suspension

Close call in my mind.  My guess is that these kids have busted their humps for Ned for several years.  I doubt missing one practice was going to hurt the team.  I know a coach has to be able to maintain control by setting examples, but, c'mon, their last game maybe.   Give them some credit for past efforts, sit them a series, or a 1/4, and let them get back on the field.  i think the message will have been sent.   JMO

First of all you dont have to buy a ticket to get into a strip club you just pay a cover charge and that is definitely not the same thing. I didnt say what they did was completely right of them i said its a terrible reason to suspend them the entire game. A quarter or 2 is plenty. Also, dont say they let their team down by missing 1 practice. You know as well as i do the other kids on that team prolyl werent bothered by them not being. They all went out and practiced and did what they were supposed to without losing any sleep over these 2 missing 1 practice. This is getting blown out of proportion

Thanks for the overanalysis of the metaphor; obviously I'm don't quite have the knowledge you do when it comes to exotic dancing.  They did let their team down by missing ONE practice.  They've got practice Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with a Thursday walkthrough and a Friday game.  Hence, they missed 1/3 of the practices for their upcoming game.  I'm sure the coach (if he's any good anyway) has been preaching all year about commitment to the team (because frankly commitment is what it takes to win) so I'm sure he'll just turn a blind eye when two players show an egregious lack of commitment to the team.  

Ok and youre obviously not understanding what im saying. I said that a full game suspension is to much and that a half would be plenty. I never once said he should let this slide or anything. And who cares if ive enjoyed an exoctic dancer in the past  ;D...you know you have as well haha

Ok and youre obviously not understanding what im saying. I said that a full game suspension is to much and that a half would be plenty. I never once said he should let this slide or anything. And who cares if ive enjoyed an exoctic dancer in the past  ;D...you know you have as well haha

How do you know I'm not an exotic dancer myself??  Just giving you a hard time on that one.  Probably a judgement call as to what's appropriate.  Coaches I played for would be AT LEAST a one game suspension in high school but that would have probably netted you 3 or 4 from my college coach.

Is this the kind of message Cardenas wants to send to Lamar? I know I am fixin to get roasted on blowing it out of proportion but, Think about the school and coach fixing to give him a walk and then all of the sudden the young man is giving himself a black eye. Trust me I have seen first hand what this young man and Mr Bellows can do. They are very good athletes I just would like to know if you fully thought this out before making this decision... remember there are consequences for all actions.... I do not think that a 1 game suspension is to harsh... I would of been ok with a half game also.. But coach Nuemann thought it was a good Idea to bench him the entire game. I can not fault  him for standing his ground and not giving in just because it was on of his star players... if this was a 3rd string player we would of never heard about it and no one would of said a thing.... but because he is a starter... already verbally commited to Lamar and is headed to the 4A Play-offs we now have discussion.

Hats of to you Mr. Nuemann. I hope you understand what is going on here Mr. Cardenas and do not take this lightly. It will help you down the road, Learn your lesson take your lumps and be a better man for it.

Guest Silsbee88

Hats of to the coach.... We would have not only been given a one game suspension, but we would have had to earn our spot back.  Committment to team is everything!!!!!

First of all you dont have to buy a ticket to get into a strip club you just pay a cover charge and that is definitely not the same thing. I didnt say what they did was completely right of them i said its a terrible reason to suspend them the entire game. A quarter or 2 is plenty. Also, dont say they let their team down by missing 1 practice. You know as well as i do the other kids on that team prolyl werent bothered by them not being. They all went out and practiced and did what they were supposed to without losing any sleep over these 2 missing 1 practice. This is getting blown out of proportion

So What do you tell all the other players that made practice?  OH, you are not as good as these guys, so you get to play for two quarters and then we put in the real deal(who can't seem to understand the team concept).  

Maybe this is one of those things where these players were injured and Coach is using the disciplinary measure to make himself look like a tough butt.  Maybe the game off is for an injury recovery.  Just something to think about.

Nope, simply a bad move on Asa. Sit him out, forgive and forget, move on...  Now, if he pulled this stunt next year at Lamar, in college he would have paid a much deeper price... I guess Asa forgot about the butt kicking Nederland took last year from Lumberton and figured he didn't need the practice....Asa is a good kid, better to learn his lesson now...

Did some of you forget there is no I in TEAM. 1 quarter suspension, ha. Go and get you a Coaching Degree buddy, i want to see how long your Coaching Career last. You have to send a message, if you don't it will come back to haunt you. Next year, next week, tomorrow the problems will just keep getting worse. Coaches are Teachers and by that they are " Teaching " a lesson. Once upon a time a Thomas Jefferson Coach sent 2 players home on a bus right before a State Championship game for violations, balls, yes sir, again right call. There will be no Asa catching balls and no Dionte occupying a spot on defense Friday night does that mean we all pack it in? I think not. 2 young men are going to get a chance they have been waiting on all year lets support them and the rest of the TEAM.

Did some of you forget there is no I in TEAM. 1 quarter suspension, ha. Go and get you a Coaching Degree buddy, i want to see how long your Coaching Career last. You have to send a message, if you don't it will come back to haunt you. Next year, next week, tomorrow the problems will just keep getting worse. Coaches are Teachers and by that they are " Teaching " a lesson. Once upon a time a Thomas Jefferson Coach sent 2 players home on a bus right before a State Championship game for violations, balls, yes sir, again right call. There will be no Asa catching balls and no Dionte occupying a spot on defense Friday night does that mean we all pack it in? I think not. 2 young men are going to get a chance they have been waiting on all year lets support them and the rest of the TEAM.

That's what I like to hear...

That's kind of like saying you can go to the movies but you can't watch the previews. If a player from any team is suspended for violations their coach deems as serious than it would merit a FULL game suspension. Sometimes it hurts to get the point across.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder