Hull-Daisetta Fighting Bobcats vs West Hardin Oilers Predictions/Comments

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what, this may be a good one.  HD will pull it out if WH can't find some other offensive weapons.  I said one man would not beat Evadale and one man will not beat Hull.  Really depends on which team is better prepared.

My Prediction...HD in a close one.  Good luck to both teams...

BigMo is right 55

I don't see either team putting 35 on the other. Both defenses held the Rebels to 16 so that makes it even on the defensive side. HD did score on the Rebels all be it that they had a 1st and goal after a great punt return. So I would have to give HD a slight offensive advantage.

BigMo is also correct in that WH had better find something else to do other than do Copeland left, Copeland right and Copeland up the middle. I know the HD coaching staff is watching the film from the Evadale/WH game as the Rebels figured it out, stopping Copeland that is. It is true however that it you stop him you do stop the Oilers, since that is all they tried until the 4th quarter and then it was who let the dogs out from the Rebel "D".

I think you might want to bring a cushion for the seat as I see this one going overtime, but I think the Bobcats will pull it out

Bobcats  21

Oilers    20 - but at least one overtime

Just my opinion!

Surely Westfall will take something from the beating we took from Evadale and change it up a little on offense.  Defense side, we need to tackle better.  What the heck is up with all those dang arm tackles?  If our boys can't start hitting, then Cook could be in for a big game.  Cook is playing right?  I'm not just bashing here, I do think our defense is pretty dang good.  I just hope the offense can start spreading the ball around.  My last rant... Why don't we let some of the underclassmen get in for a few plays here and there through out the game to give our starters a breather?  I know there are a few freshmen that can catch the ball and some that can tackle fairly well.  We had at least 10 players on the sideline that didn't even touch the field.  Sorry for ranting, just had to get that off my chest.

I'm seeing the Oilers redeeming themselves against a formable HD team.  WH 21 --- HD 14!!!

[move]GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!![/move]

West Hardin will be in for a long night against a very athletic and talented HD team !!! WH will be hoping they play the HD team that lost to Evadale, after playing their worst game of the year and losing last years MVP for most of the game. But they won't be !!! Besides the let down against Evadale, HD has only lost once and that was against Tenaha a top 10 ranked team.

HD 35

WH 14

I don't think hull is any differant than when they played the Rebels and i think if

we played again the results would be the same we have a stinging defence

that was a little rougher than the bobcats expected  and even though

the bobcats scored on us i still think west Hardin was the toughest game we've

had in district  so I'm picking the Oilers to win this match up  OH yeah the QB was

the best we've seen all year including the bigger schools we played

but if you can stop him it's all over.

Most rebel fans know down deep in side the Bobcats layed an egg against them. Heck 4 personal fouls in a row gave Evadale their last TD. Not to mention the 4 turnovers after Cook got hurt. Played again the Bobcats win. That's all a moot subject because the Rebels are the District Champs. Good job Rebels. Although I still think most true Rebel fans know the Bobcats were a harder win than the Oilers. Even without Cook for most of the game. Let's not forget WH had their star Copeland all 4 quarters. Still SHUTOUT !!!

I do agree that the HD game was harder for the Rebels, [b]but I don't agree that the outcome would be different if played again, it is not our fault that the Bobcats can't play within the rules, it was our fault that Cook could not finish the game. If anything I believe the Rebel defense has improved since the HD game. Moot point since there is no way we even could play in the playoffs since we are in different divisions.

I have to say a little something about what HDBOBCAT55 said. I do agree that HD did play by far their worst game of the year against Evadale. Did the Rebels have alot to do with that;? Very much so, but not totally. Let's put the shoe on the other foot and let me honestly ask you if you would have some thoughts of what should have been. How bout a hypothetical situation to think about......

Let's say HD won the game vs. Evadale, 16-6. And within that game, Evadale's star player (the District MVP) that is their leading tackler on defense and accounts for 65% of thier total offense is injured early in the 1st quarter. He guts it out and plays about 2 1/2 quarters, but not at full strength. You committ over 150 yards in penalties, including 7 fifteen yard penalties, which helps account for 45 of the 55 yards on HD's last score. You drop two sure touchdown passes along with four other dropped passes, by players that havent' done that all season. You also have 4 turnovers, including an interception in which the WR made the wrong read on the coverage and the pass was thrown where he should have been and two fumbles that were miscue's due to backup players in the game due to injuries. You havent' committed those type of turnovers all season long. All this takes place while trying to adjust your offense from not having your main threat. All this while playing on at a neutral site instead of at home. If this game was played again, the chances of a different outcome are defintely there. I think if this would have taken place from Evadale, Rebel fans would feel a little bit of resentment and what could have been mentality.

Bottom line is scoreboard, and that's all that matters. Evadale won, and played their butts off and deserved to win. Injuries, penalties, and dumb mistakes are part of the game and preperation. I'm just asking to look at it from a Bobcat fans' point of view. I promise you those mistakes will not be made against West Hardin. The intensity will be even higher and those dumb penalties WILL NOT occur. HD will be back to it's orginal form that's led them to their 6-2 record with wins over 2A's Hardin and Warren and outscoring other district oppenents 224 - 24. I can't wait for Friday night!! Good luck to both teams and it will be a hard fought game as usual.

I have to say a little something about what HDBOBCAT55 said. I do agree that HD did play by far their worst game of the year against Evadale. Did the Rebels have alot to do with that;? Very much so, but not totally. Let's put the shoe on the other foot and let me honestly ask you if you would have some thoughts of what should have been. How bout a hypothetical situation to think about......

Let's say HD won the game vs. Evadale, 16-6. And within that game, Evadale's star player (the District MVP) that is their leading tackler on defense and accounts for 65% of thier total offense is injured early in the 1st quarter. He guts it out and plays about 2 1/2 quarters, but not at full strength. You committ over 150 yards in penalties, including 7 fifteen yard penalties, which helps account for 45 of the 55 yards on HD's last score. You drop two sure touchdown passes along with four other dropped passes, by players that havent' done that all season. You also have 4 turnovers, including an interception in which the WR made the wrong read on the coverage and the pass was thrown where he should have been and two fumbles that were miscue's due to backup players in the game due to injuries. You havent' committed those type of turnovers all season long. All this takes place while trying to adjust your offense from not having your main threat. All this while playing on at a neutral site instead of at home. If this game was played again, the chances of a different outcome are defintely there. I think if this would have taken place from Evadale, Rebel fans would feel a little bit of resentment and what could have been mentality.

Bottom line is scoreboard, and that's all that matters. Evadale won, and played their butts off and deserved to win. Injuries, penalties, and dumb mistakes are part of the game and preperation. I'm just asking to look at it from a Bobcat fans' point of view. I promise you those mistakes will not be made against West Hardin. The intensity will be even higher and those dumb penalties WILL NOT occur. HD will be back to it's orginal form that's led them to their 6-2 record with wins over 2A's Hardin and Warren and outscoring other district oppenents 224 - 24. I can't wait for Friday night!! Good luck to both teams and it will be a hard fought game as usual.

Great points fans of both schools that were there at the game will remember those things. Man those two dropped TD's hurt !!! Anyway time for some Oiler stew !!!

Last year, Evadale's star player #8 was out of the game due to an injury he received two games prior.  Also, #50 a linebacker who was all over Cook was out last year due to a car wreck. 

Evadale fans had that "what could have been mentality" last year. 

Most rebel fans know down deep in side the Bobcats layed an egg against them. Heck 4 personal fouls in a row gave Evadale their last TD. Not to mention the 4 turnovers after Cook got hurt. Played again the Bobcats win. That's all a moot subject because the Rebels are the District Champs. Good job Rebels. Although I still think most true Rebel fans know the Bobcats were a harder win than the Oilers. Even without Cook for most of the game. Let's not forget WH had their star Copeland all 4 quarters. Still SHUTOUT !!!

I don't know where you get this "Cook out for most of the game" stuff at.  He played the entire game except for the 4th quarter when on that hit he hurt his knee.  He was getting stuffed all night.  Even in the first quarter Cook couldn't run right, left or up the middle.  And he's a tremendous athlete!  He did bust a punt return for about 60 in the 3rd q though.  Watching him cut and juke sure didn't look like any injury to me. 

I knew there had to be some interesting waxing and whining (oops I mean waning) from HDBobcats9 and HD Bobcat 55 on this subject.  So, just what if .....................

This game has always (or almost always) been a good small school, small town rivalry game.  That is HD vs WH (not HD vs Evadale).  I am pulling for WH and the upset!  If that happens, can't wait to see how these two HD boys would justify that!

I thought this was supposed to be Daisetta vs West Hardin thread!?!?!

Read a little and you will see we all are saying the Oilers don't have a chance.

You've got a running back & we have a quarterback!  Take those two boys out of the picture and I believe that WH has the better overall talent, especially on defense.  I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone, so I'll let our boys do the talking on Friday night!  See ya'll there!  Go Oilers!!!

I thought this was supposed to be Daisetta vs West Hardin thread!?!?!

Read a little and you will see we all are saying the Oilers don't have a chance.

CATS BY 21

You've got a running back & we have a quarterback!  Take those two boys out of the picture and I believe that WH has the better overall talent, especially on defense.  I don't want to get into a pissing contest with anyone, so I'll let our boys do the talking on Friday night!  See ya'll there!   Go Oilers!!!

I don't know where you get this "Cook out for most of the game" stuff at.  He played the entire game except for the 4th quarter when on that hit he hurt his knee.  He was getting stuffed all night.  Even in the first quarter Cook couldn't run right, left or up the middle.  And he's a tremendous athlete!  He did bust a punt return for about 60 in the 3rd q though.  Watching him cut and juke sure didn't look like any injury to me. 

Watch the game tape. Cook was injured on his second carry of the game. He was helped off the field after an Evadale DB in open space dropped to his knees and took his knee out (nothing wrong with that, he was outweighed by about 50lbs.) He sat out the rest of the first quarter. He came back in but was not at full strength, I promise you that. He suffered the sprained MCL in the first quarter, he just toughed it out. Yes, Evadale shutdown and injured Aaron Cook, but they would not have stopped him the whole game if he was 100%. HD's offense from the first possesion on out was not the same offense they've been the whole year without AC. We're talking about the same Aaron Cook that single-handidly outrushed Hardin's fearsome backfield of Mitch Villamez and John Stelly combined this season. The same back that had 100 yards in every game despite not playing the second half in just about every contest. The same back that has rumbled all over powerhouse Groveton for the last two years in the playoffs. Nobody has slowed down the Bobcat offense with him healthy in the backfield, and it won't happen in Batson this Friday night.  Anyway, getting off this topic, Evadale won, game over, it's done....lol.

West Hardin will not slow down this offense either, not one bit. There's going to be alot of emotion going into the game, and alot of big hits, but the Cats are way too much for the Oilers this year. Copeland might break a couple small runs, but that's all their getting. As far as the comment made about taking Cook and Copeland out of the picture, this game would be a blowout. I'll give it up that Cook and Copeland are the two best athletes that will be on the field. After that, I'd be willing to bet that 8 of the 10 best atheltes left on the field belong to Hull-Daisetta. This is a team that will not be stopped.

If West Hardin wins this game, I promise you will not hear any excuses whatsoever from me. There will be no excuse for losing to West Hardin this year. Losing to Evadale hurt, but the Rebels have a talented, diciplined, well coached team full of atheltes. Losing to WH is unacceptable, and it will not happen. Hold me to it, tell me I'll be eating crow, talk all the smack  you want, but this game will be all Bobcats, I guaratee it!!! The HD boys and fans were let-down and stunned by the loss to Evadale but they are using it as a learning experience and fuel to fire their path towards the playoffs. Unfortunately the Oilers are in the way and will feel the wrath of an upset Bobcat team that is so fired up and energized it's rediculous.

Good Luck Bobcats and Oilers (yall are gonna need it Friday night)

I bet you were not even at the game. Because your own Rebel fans that I have talked to said they hurt Cook on the second play. Come on Clayton Bisby you have to be blind !!! Cook did return with a sprained MCL and a big heart, played sparringly in the 3rd quarter and none in the 4th. I have the tape to prove it. Get your facts straight !!! And I know HD has way more athletes than WH. Friday night we all will see that HD is the best team in the district after we blow out WH !!! We will score a heck of alot more than 16 points !!!

I bet you were not even at the game. Because your own Rebel fans that I have talked to said they hurt Cook on the second play. Come on Clayton Bisby you have to be blind !!! Cook did return with a sprained MCL and a big heart, played the whole 3rd quarter and then reinjured his knee in the middle of the fourth quarter. I have the tape to prove it. Get your facts straight !!! And I know HD has way more athletes than WH. Friday night we all will see that HD is the best team in the district after we blow out WH !!! We will score a heck of alot more than 16 points !!!

Our record speaks for itself and who is the best team in the district.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83