Congrats Nederland

Hats off to the Bulldogs. You really scrapped and outlasted us.

Our defense played like crap in the first half, nowhere near what they have been doing all year. Oh well, we should have defended the pass better instead of seemingly always keying on the run. But, that is all coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Cardenas has my utmost respect, although he did already, as he is really the heart of your team. Grogan is good, but Asa is your real go-to guy. (Lumberton, consider this a warning about Asa.  ;D )

Only non-call that hurt us was the non-call of pass interference on James Laramore that allowed the interception in the fourth. We all know that was pass interference since he nearly shoved Laramore into another county. Should have been our inside the 10. Again coulda, shoulda, woulda. Grogan's big run came right after that took all the wind out of the boys sails. Too bad a player can't talk back to the ref. Laramore was robbed and the refs knew it. They tried to make up for it by calling you guys the next time the Bulldogs hit our receivers early, but the damage was already done.

Other than that though, I thought it was a great game all around between two very well balanced teams. Just wish we could have come out on top. We did not play to our full potential on defense and that is the main and biggest reason we lost, although we gave Grogan headaches the rest of the night, like I knew we would, besides that one big run.

But I was wrong about Ronning. Not one hit behind the line. I guess he did lay down and die. Tsk, tsk. Our offense wasn't having that much trouble against you guys, just like I knew they wouldn't. Although, they did look better against us then they did against Livingston. Bulldog defense looked like poop in that one.

On the brighter side, it was good to finally see Rico out there at linebacker. Kid has been injured since the scrimmages, I believe. Nice to see him making some tackles out there. Hopefully his senior year will fare better than his junior.

Guest Brubaker

Vidor played hard tonight, but Nederland's offense as predicted was too explosive.  Vidor has nothing to hang their heads about, they played hard, but it takes a perfect performance to stop this Nederland offense and that wasn't in the cards.  Good season Pirates.

Guest TravelingBandsman

Nice Job Nederland. I was pulling for Vidor just because I'd like to see them make playoffs too, but you got it. First playoff challenge is C.E. King. We handled them rightly enough tonight, so now its your turn.

My bad. I said that Laramore was pushed. It was actually Conn, and it was on the one yard line. Just looked at the pictures today.

BadInterception.jpg

Regardless, Vidor should have buckled down and stopped that last run by Grogan instead of just giving up. If they could have gotten a fumble or something momentum might have swung back their way. Again, coulda, shoulda, woulda, but it was like they just quit after not getting that call. I was disappointed too, but you can't depend on a call to win a game. You gotta play hard.

Vidor not playing hard in the first half is the real reason we lost and Nederland is once again in the playoffs. We're getting better, but we have to play four full quarters.

Good luck in the first round guys. Now that the spots have been decided, I'll be rooting for all GT teams.  ;)

GO JAGS, BIG NED, AND L-TRAIN!

looks like he fell down there. 

Watch the replay on Cable this Tuesday. It wasn't a hard shove, but it was in the back and should have been called. Again, coulda, shoulda, woulda.

I agree, Conn's momentum probably took him down. They were both running like bats out of ... well, you know.  ;D

Vidor lost because we didn't play hard enough in the first half and you guys capitalized. I'm not making an excuse for that. I'm just showing that we were still in it despite our mistakes. I'm proud of our boys this year.

I just watched the video on this site.  The camera angle is coming from the Vidor sideline, and you cant really tell.  It could have been an acting job because we got the pick. Swain had the inside position anyway.  BTW great block from Asa on the Grogan run on the next play. He takes out two Vidor defenders!

I just watched the video on this site.  The camera angle is coming from the Vidor sideline, and you cant really tell.  It could have been an acting job because we got the pick. Swain had the inside position anyway.  BTW great block from Asa on the Grogan run on the next play. He takes out two Vidor defenders!

He is on the ground before the pick is made. I doubt it was acting. He is still looking for the ball while on his knees.

Hands to the back that far from the line of scrimmage? If this was Lumberton vs. Central what would you say? Wrong is wrong, it doesn't matter what game it is. But, it is all in the past now and I'm not going to argue with you. It won't change anything. Up until then, we had the opportunity to go ahead despite playing like dookey in the first half. That is all I wanted to prove by putting the picture in here. That was the turning point of the game.

Hopefully, we can at least slow Livingston down for whoever they play in the first round and our boys can finish with a winning season. That is all I'm cocerned about now.

And, like I said earlier, Asa is the one that Lumberton better be looking at for next week. Kid is an athlete and has my utmost respect. I think it is great that he wants to play college ball at home.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami