*Central vs. Livingston Updates*/LIONS WIN!!!

We started off strong running the ball and moving those chains.  Capped off with a long pass for paydirt.  At this point it was 19-7 Central.  Third quarter, Livingston broke a long run for a TD making it a 19-14 game.  It seemed that when we were driving, there is alway a holding call that sets us in 1st and 15 or 1st and 20.  We could not get the first down.  Livingston then played ball control by moving the ball real slow in the later part of the third on into the fourth and scored and went for 2 and got it.  At this point, the score was 22-19.  One of our drives stalled and Livingston got the ball and was driving.  Stopped them and they stoped us on the next drives.  Livingston had the ball on 4th and 10.  One of our defenders grabbed the QB 10 yards behind the line of scrimage.  He got away, Juked another one of our defenders, tiptoed the sideline, Juked another Jag defender and stiffarmed another one on his way to paydirt for 50 yards.  This was the backbreaker. 

With that said, the game ball goes to #1 from Livingston. he made big plays in the 4th when they needed it. 

I heard fans saying that we got outcoached again.  I quickly turned around and said that it wasnt' coaching.  This is on the players.  You have to make plays.  Livingston had some great tackling in the second half, one of them was an open field tackle that prevented the first down.  Kudos to this Lion defender.  It's really bad because we really needed this on to stay in contention for the District Championship.  I hate that we let another newbie come in and be in contention to win this title.

Ohh well, we have to gear up and beat the Indians next week and make the playoffs.  Let's get it together, Jags.  Good game by both teams...

What a great game last night Lion defense really stepped up in the scond half and what can u say about Dustin Harris two outstanding scrambles for scores looks like 1st team all district QB to me.

Sorry about this newbie crashing yall's 20-4A party but come on guys we deserve it haven't won a district title in 55 years.

One more thing when you talk about great area coaches I think you have to include Randy Rowe his resume includes a deep playoff run at Cleveland and several deep playoff runs at 5A nimitz.

But his best accomplisment has to be turning around a dismal Lion program DISTRICT 20-4A CHAMPS are kidding me who would have thunk it.   

Guest BIG HOUSE

Hold on Livingston with the Dist. Championship talk.......IF the L-TRAIN WINS they are out right DIST. CHAMPS....

Remember that L_TRAIN smashed a few lions...

Good win Lions! Way to not give up when the first half didn't go your way. Welcome to 20-4A!

Actually, I believe he's right about the Dist. Champs bit. I agree that TECHNICALLY Lumberton (if we beat Nederland) is the District Champ due to head to head competition but, apparently, as someone already mentioned on one of these post, tie-breaker rules etc only come in to play when it comes to deciding playoff positions. So, looks like a 3 way tie again this year. Will have to do a little math to see who would win the point spread game. Pretty sure it would be Lumberton this year. I believe it was Dayton, PN-G, Lumberton last year despite Lumberton beating Dayton in head to head.

correction on the 3 way tie bit...Guess if Lumberton/Livingston win out it would be a 2 way tie...Anyway, just a little correction.

Hold on Livingston with the Dist. Championship talk.......IF the L-TRAIN WINS they are out right DIST. CHAMPS....

Remember that L_TRAIN smashed a few lions...

Not true

Unless there is a special meeting called to change the rules.

Naw the supers decided this year that if it was left as a tie that Lumbertons seeding would be easier lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont