***Scrimmage Scores And Comments Here***

thats true coop, anahuac is big up front and has great athletes from what i saw. i think they just need to put it together. we outworked them today and had a higher intensity from what i saw. our offense started a little shaky but we settled down. jr cody mills had a long td run. johnny wasnt his tremendous usual self today but he had a few shifty/nice runs and scored once from about the ten, but hey its just the first scrimmage. our defense looked stellar...imo all questions or doubts were erased.

Report from the BC/Anahuac scrimmage was Anahuac has a very big line and will make some noise in 2A.

I was surprised at the overall size Anahuac has. BC got the ball first in the controlled part of the scrimmage and was completely shut down for about the first 8-10 plays. They had a long run to about the Panther 5 that set up the first touchdown. Anahuac ran a lot of shotgun formations offensively and was able to move the ball well at times on the BC defense. Very big guys up front for the Panthers on both sides of the ball. They were pretty physical on defense. Anahuac should contend in 24-2A, possibly for the district championship. Bridge City looked very good running the ball at times. They tried a few deep passes that were unsuccessful and didn't get the passing game going. Anahuac will get another good test text week when they travel to Silsbee. BC will be at LC-M.

I agree that you can't put a score on it. Now, would it have ended up 35-0 anyway had they played the scrimmage? It probably would have been something similar to that, but in my first post I simply put what happened at the practice/scrimmage. Vidor couldn't really move the ball for positive yards at all on about 32 of their 35 plays they ran. I didn't ever say the final was 35-0.

I did mention that Vidor had a couple good runs 2 of the last 3 plays of the scrimmage.

I really liked Chase Ferguson. Is he a senior?

vidor was not a scrimage. yoy can not say lee 35 vidor 0. it was a practice.lee was big & strong with alot of depth. vidor had 4 or 5 going both ways. the big o lineman & d tackle was chase ferguson. he is one that never came off the field. thought we did very well at the end after the bench clearing. we kind of took control.

I guess we were.

You realize it was the freshman inside the stadium right?

Out in the practice fields was the jv and soph. I saw Vidor moving the ball out there, but in the stadium, where the freshmen were playing, Vidor didn't get a single positive yard in the 25 or so plays I saw. I will admit that I left towards the end to go to the restroom and then went around to the varsity area out in thge practice fields.

Unless these touchdowns were in the goalline portion, then I don't think Vidor could have scored if you gave them 100 plays. They just didn't have enough team speed.

Lee had about a 70 yard touchdown pass, a 55 yard touchdown run, another 40+ yard touchdown run when their better running back(#21) got in the game.

I don't know man, maybe Vidor turned it around and turned into the 85 Bears for the last 5 minutes that I missed. I can't say for sure, because I wasn't there. The first 55 minutes they didn't get more than 10-15 total yards on 25 or so plays

Well I guess I missed that. If it wasn't goal line situation and it was 1's v 1's then I am very surprised and maybe I underestimated Vidor. The 1's vs 1's that I saw, from freshman and varsity both, Lee was just too big and too fast. Any time Vidor actually broke the line of scrimmage and made positive yards it was party time and celebrations all around. I'll just have to wait til Lee plays Ball High to really see what's going on.

I'll be as unbiased as possible.

I don't think Lee is THAT good. I've watched every game of Lee's for the past 20 years. Lee will be much better than last year in my opinion. We were playing with a bunch of 10th graders last year. But, I don't think we're THAT good yet, maybe next year. Also, I don't really look too much at Lee's second string, because, although we may have depth compared to Vidor, they are not really that good. Particularly our second string qb is a big dropoff, so it's hard to judge once Lee's first team comes out. Having said all that.

I thought Vidor had very good interior defensive line play and linebackers. I think they are a bit slow around the corners. They played good in the defenseive backfield. The right cornerback laid a good lick on one of the Lee receivers. Also, that same right corner made a very good breakup on a deep ball.

Vidor has a pretty good offensive line, and I'm sure it will be much better once Gooch starts playing. They don't have much speed at the skill positions, so I think their best work will be quick hitters up the middle. The quarterback was pretty scrappy but doesn't have a cannon for an arm.

It's really hard to say from today's action. There was virtually NO scrimmage work. It was all a big practice. They had like 5 plays where they went 1 vs 1 in scrimmage type atmosphere. There was a lot of goalline situation, but it's tough to say what you can learn from that. I'd say Vidor's defense surprised me. They looked stiff. You can probably run on the perimeter on them if you have a lot of speed, but I'm not sure how many teams will hve the speed necessary to do that. It will be VERY tough to run up the middle on Vidor. Now, the offense.....I'll just say the defense better be stout. It will take a lot of long, methodical drives for Vidor this year I believe. I don't see much in the passing game or on the perimieter in the running game. It's going to be a lot of 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Thanks panamyers..

I wish they ran more of a game type scrimmage,it is hard to judge what you got when you do what they did..

but I guess they are the coaches and they know what there doing..

I appreciate the unbiased opinion on the game..

Sounds like you are pretty knowledgeable about the game..

Just got back from the Silsbee-Nederland scrimmage. The only score was from Silsbee's 2nd team offense against Nederland's 2nd team defense. Nederland did have a long pass that appeared to be a td but it was ruled out of bounds. Both offenses were a little off. Both defenses look promising, particularly Nederland's.

Score: Silsbee 7 Nederland 0

Deweyville 21

Hemphill 14

Deweyville's defense looked very quick to the ball. Hemphill could have a D1 offensive line 6'-4" 345lbs. Good looking kid. Deweyville' offensive line is alot stronger than I thought they would be. Coaches my hats off to you all nice job. Deweyville was in alot better shape than Hemphill.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
  • Topics