Anthony Beard LB lumberton

slick74

Guest gladiator2

THE "U" you are UNBELIEVABLE!!

If I was playing against Beard, his knees would be the first place that I would go to. Most of the time this is where running backs get hit and when he's on defense he gets hit in the knees because he spends a lot of time jumping over lineman or running through them. In no way would I think any of the PNG player's were trying to hurt Beard. This defense has been too soft all year to try and intentionally hurt someone. Seriously, I hope you are a kid or one a few years removed from high school because if not than you have some serious problems and don't have an excuse for being ignorant. I am still scratching my head about how you are suppose to tackle a big ol' boy, oh you hit him high so he can run over you. PNG is very undersized this year, so if one holds em' up and others finish em' off than it is what it is. Every football team goes for the knees including LUMBERTON. And you make comments like everyone hates ya'll, many more comments like you make from any other people than I'm dam'n sure I want to be on board with the other haters. How would your thugs, I mean boys from the "U" tackle?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gladiator2

This is not a good story because this kid was really fun to watch. I always like to find a good player and watch what he does play after play and this is what I was doing last week when Beard was on offense and defense. He is the best defensive player by far that PNG has played. The cornerback from Livingston was good but I really enjoyed watching Beard and was looking forward to the playoffs. This is going to be a tremendous blow to both sides of the ball. Other teams will not have to game plan for his type of talent. The type of offense that ya'll run needs some thunder and lightning, one that can run you over and one that can run around you. Hopefully everything will be fine with this young man and good luck the rest of the way.

Talked to some of the coaches today and they said that he (BEARD)will not play tonight. He's going through rehab and will play next week against nederland. They already had him fitted for a knee brace and the DR. said he could play due to where his injury is.

Hopefully he will be OK.

They also said that if it hadn't been for him being so strong and conditioned he would've been hurt more worse.

As a Lumberton fan, I would like to apologize for a "few" idiots. We all have them. Our's seems to stand out more than others. Injuries happen in football. It is a violent game. Hopefully Beard will be OK and make a full recovery. PNG has always had a standup program and displayed good sportsmanship. Most of us from Lumberton understand the nature of the game and hold no ill will towards PNG's players and coaches for a hard fought game.

I was also told by a coach that it was possible for AC to play next week. I would only remind every one including Us Family members and all his fans that this is a teenager, with a chance to play FB at the next level. I know that his Dad will do the right thing and keep him out if there is a chance to injure him more. I hope just like all the Raider fans that he will be back on the field soon.

I also want to ask other posters to remember that not all Raider fans are acusing png players or coaches of trying to injure other players.

first of all, the u did not say png players are cheap shots,dirty players, but i do know for a fact that

while ac was engaged with 2 other png players,that a third,,wont mention his #, hit anthony directly

on his rt knee. this player is as big as ac and could have drilled him directley in his mid section but

decided to drive low,fact. as for as playing football  & not knowing what its all about, westend i have

a 10 inch scare from acl,mcl,chip bone & torn carltledge in my rt. knee ,injury i suffrered my senior

yr.8 days in hospital & 12 weeks in a cast was not a pleasant thing to go thru. it was a clean shot that i took head up with defense. now ,if i was going to tackle my nephew i would go low at almost every

encounter, but this thred was meant to say, when a player is engaged its legal to go low, but not

to dang ethical.as for as calling someone a moron png  poster u can piss off. nobody is whinning

about png dirty ethics just didnt have to take out his knee,if any has access, just veiw the footage

of this particular play. the dr. from sidelines (png) told coaches ac leg felt ok, thats why he went back out. the second shot he took did not damage him, he told me this while leaving the dr. (mri)

office.  i was also told by a coach that one of the png players mom was looking for ac to get her son to apologize for taking a cheap shot mat anthony, so if any doesnt believe what i have posted, who gives

a.   as for as anthony curtis (ac) beard ,dr  said he could play with a brace & that he could not damage knee any more,the damage is done. he will try to practice next week & go if possible,maybe playoffs, then will come the surgery he needs.  dr said his knee will be as strong or stronger when he

gets thru. rehab will be 6 to 8 months for total recovery

I agree, if the kid was engaged, going low is pretty shady.  I don't think it's taught at PNG, but whoever does something like this should really look in the mirror.  Hey we all do stupid things.

When Beard went back into the game and carried the ball, he made a cut to his left with no one touching him and immediately begin to go down. The PNG player was already set to hit him (hence teh cut back) when he begin to go down.

The first hit was as legal as it gets. For the jack A$$ that said "- I know for a fact that whoever tackled Beard was going for the knees on purpose." How do you know this as fact?  Did he tell you this? Where you telecomunicating with the kid?

You guys from Lumberton continue to amaze me with your moronic assesment of all things football. If it happened to Lumberton and it is negative you immediately begin to point fingers.

I hate that the kid got hurt as you can tell that he really loves the game and has a bright future, but to say it was done with malice is ridiculous without proof. Wish we had the video. Playing PNG as malicous head hunters without proof is just idiotic.

Also on the subject of the new turf, Beard is the only player I saw go down with a leg injury all night and no one went down with a leg injury against Livingston. Not Astro Turf. Big, Big difference.

I guess you should listen to your own advice.

How do you know for a FACT that the PNG player was already set to hit him? Were you seated where I was - RIGHT in front of where it happened?

Yeah I doubt it, and even if you were, it was on the other side, where you couldn't see that particular play nearly as well.

I specifically said in my post that I meant not to offend anyone. If you want to get offended for no reason and start crap up like that, you need to learn some social skills, because not everyone in life is going to say truths you want to hear. I sincerely hope you're a junior in high school or younger, because if you're older than me, than that's pretty pathetic that I'm having to say this to someone older than me.

p.s. You claim that we start to point fingers, but I specifically mentioned that I respect PNG and that I don't claim that that hit was of "malice." I simply stated that it APPEARED to be malicious.

I have know the Beard family all 34 yrs of my life.  They are good people with good heads on their shoulders.If Rodney and them thinks he does not need to play..HE AINT GOING TO PLAY.  Anthony is smart and he knows how much his body can handle.  He has made a name for himself and he ain't going to mess it up.  As for all the questions if it was a cheap shot....we probably will never know.  I will say that it does make me mad when they do that, I know it is football and you do what you got to do.  It is just sad that in order to win the kids think that have to take a kid out of the game for good.  I see those knee shots every Friday night.  My son has played since 5th grade and even in that age group they take people out at the knees.All I can say is, Anthony take care of your knee and don't worry about the rest of the season.  You have next year son.  Love you raiders!!!!!  Love Brian and Cindy Gilmore and Matt Lowe

Guest BIG HOUSE

I will say that AC is a beast and is being recruited as a LB....that being said ,I would get the knee repaired and in the future(Sr.season)

stick to playing MLB...I would not as a parent let him play RB next season and take a chance game in and game out of getting this type injury before he can sign at the college level..This face a knee injury like this next season would almost certainly turn colleges away.....Stick to be one of the best HS LB's in the State...Good luck with a speedy recovery.....

I love watching this kid play football....

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

He played 2 downs friday night. Then guess what? They took a shot at his knee and i think hes done for the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nobody took a shot at his knee when he went down. He tried to cut when Ned ran a counter to Grogan and his knee gave out. He is done for the year though.

yep, football is football.  It would take A LOT of convincing for me to believe there was anything other than just hard honest play.  AB will be playing on Sat nights if he wants to.  I told my wife that last year (his sof. year) when I first saw him play. I don't see anything changing that.  Just get well.....

Thats not what his dad told me at the game. Anthony told his dad that he got hit on his knee. Im just saying what his dad said. Not trying to start anything.

i wouldn't put to much stock in that at this point.  even if he did take a shot to the knee, anybody who's played football knows that you're going to take some knocks.  If his knee was already in as bad of shape as it's sounded like it was, it might not take much more than a bad cut or incidental contact to make it a lot worse.  

Thats not what his dad told me at the game. Anthony told his dad that he got hit on his knee. Im just saying what his dad said. Not trying to start anything.

U might not be trying to start anything but I'm telling U that nobody hit his knee when he went down. He tried to cut and felt a lot of pain and went down. Trust me, I know. This is old news anyways...I'm just tryin to squash any rumors before they start, whether intentional or not.

i wouldn't put to much stock in that at this point.  even if he did take a shot to the knee, anybody who's played football knows that you're going to take some knocks.  If his knee was already in as bad of shape as it's sounded like it was, it might not take much more than a bad cut or incidental contact to make it a lot worse.  

Agreed. This is not the PNG game we're talking about anymore. Nederland was very classy and it was a clean game. Let's be clear in saying that nobody is saying anything bad about Ned or it's players. No more he said she said.

I know thats football and that will happen. im not saying it was intentional or anything all i said is that his dad said that he got hit on his knee. never said it was a cheap shot just part of football. he will be back stronger than ever next year!!!!!!!

I know thats football and that will happen. im not saying it was intentional or anything all i said is that his dad said that he got hit on his knee. never said it was a cheap shot just part of football. he will be back stronger than ever next year!!!!!!!

actually, in your first post you did.  you're right about him being back next year.  nobody in the district is going to look forward to facing him.

hope he well and able to play i actually seen the play when he got hurt lastweek........it was a nice hit by the kid from PNG but beard got out the game for a few plays and came right back in like everything was ok so i didnt think i was major at all

Thanks for the get well ozen, but I will have to disagree on the NICE HIT. I blame PNG's coaches for this. Those players were going for those knees the entire game, not just his either. They were going for the knees from start to finish even after he went down the very first time and then came back in 5-10 min. later. They went right at the knees again and again. He went down a 2nd time and went back in again and they go straight for the knees until he finally had to leave the final offensive series of the game. There are other players on the team that are dealing with the same crap, but not to the extent of his injury, because of that. They went at the knees when he was on Defense and they went right to them when he was on offense. No other team that we have played this year has even come close to what PNG was doing. It's a bunch of crap! This injury did not have to happen on that particular play. He was already bottled up by 2 defenders and wasn't really going forward anymore and then he see's it comin and a 3rd guy comes in straight for the knee. No reason for it at all. I would understand if it was a complete accident. For example, if he were about to run a smaller defender over and the kid thought better of it and went low. That's cool, because those things happen in football, but not this. I know people are going to come on here and argue with me and tell me that it's perfectly fine what PNG was doing because it's legal or whatever but it sure ain't ethical for coaches to be teaching HS kids to be doing this to that extent. This ain't the NFL where guys are getting paid millions to take somebody out, these are kids that have a future to think about. I guess PNG and their coaches will do anything to win...anything. Like I said, I know some of U are going to disagree with me on this and say this happens all of the time and injuries are a part of the game and it's perfectly legal what they were doing, etc. I don't think it's right, atleast not in HS. I don't blame the kids for this as they are just doing what they're taught...by their COACHES. I hope Mr. B gets what some of the PNG faithfull are already wanting to happen.

Given the recent PNG / Central behavior; I have to almost agree with "U" above about the intentional hit(s).  Look to be a pattern for PNG and the rough season they had.

no cheap shot from nederland , just good football. anthony tried to cut back to make a tackle with

some nederland blocking at him. his knee just gave out and the brace did its job, that being said its time for the dr.  nuff said, ac said no cheap shot, i did not see a cheap shot, nuff said.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn