Anthony Beard LB lumberton

slick74

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the status/injury is but I don't believe that it is a torn ACL....I think he has taken some hard hits on his knee from the watching the game last week, and it is probably banged up a bit.

if you're in the playoffs... rest that beast! especially this week.

Hate to say it, but I know for sure that anthony has a torn ACL. He's gonna rest next game, but contiue to play after that. When the seasons over, then he'll get surgery. Im thinking that either its a slight tear or he's just a beast,because i dont know how it would be possible for him to play with a torn ACL!!!! :-[

Guest gladiator2

This will be a tremendous blow to the defense. I heard the same thing at work, he has a torn ACL and will try and play through it. They do not know how well he will do but he will give it a try. His ability to get after the QB will definately be missed against Nederland. I do not believe he will be running with the football. They better rest Hanna this week because the whole running game will be on his shoulders.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Hate to say it, but I know for sure that anthony has a torn ACL. He's gonna rest next game, but contiue to play after that. When the seasons over, then he'll get surgery. Im thinking that either its a slight tear or he's just a beast,because i dont know how it would be possible for him to play with a torn ACL!!!! :-[

Accurate statement.

This will be a tremendous blow to the defense. I heard the same thing at work, he has a torn ACL and will try and play through it. They do not know how well he will do but he will give it a try. His ability to get after the QB will definately be missed against Nederland. I do not believe he will be running with the football. They better rest Hanna this week because the whole running game will be on his shoulders.

Correct Sir.

He won't be playing at all against LCM. NOt even sure yet if he will play at all the rest of the season, just depends on how he feels next week and the week after and so on. It's an unknown as to his playing status for Nederland and playoffs. If he is able to physically, I would lean toward him playing but only with knee brace and most likely no offense or very limited situations. It's very hard to simulate game speed and hits in practice like he'll see in the actual game, so I don't know. No one knows for sure what's going to happen yet. I have done a little research and there are athletes that can play with acl tear with knee brace, etc. Shawn Merriman is a good example...he played a couple of games with a acl tear & mcl tear, although he wasn't the same but that is NFL, this is HS football, so that makes a difference.

hope he well and able to play i actually seen the play when he got hurt lastweek........it was a nice hit by the kid from PNG but beard got out the game for a few plays and came right back in like everything was ok so i didnt think i was major at all

Thanks for the get well ozen, but I will have to disagree on the NICE HIT. I blame PNG's coaches for this. Those players were going for those knees the entire game, not just his either. They were going for the knees from start to finish even after he went down the very first time and then came back in 5-10 min. later. They went right at the knees again and again. He went down a 2nd time and went back in again and they go straight for the knees until he finally had to leave the final offensive series of the game. There are other players on the team that are dealing with the same crap, but not to the extent of his injury, because of that. They went at the knees when he was on Defense and they went right to them when he was on offense. No other team that we have played this year has even come close to what PNG was doing. It's a bunch of crap! This injury did not have to happen on that particular play. He was already bottled up by 2 defenders and wasn't really going forward anymore and then he see's it comin and a 3rd guy comes in straight for the knee. No reason for it at all. I would understand if it was a complete accident. For example, if he were about to run a smaller defender over and the kid thought better of it and went low. That's cool, because those things happen in football, but not this. I know people are going to come on here and argue with me and tell me that it's perfectly fine what PNG was doing because it's legal or whatever but it sure ain't ethical for coaches to be teaching HS kids to be doing this to that extent. This ain't the NFL where guys are getting paid millions to take somebody out, these are kids that have a future to think about. I guess PNG and their coaches will do anything to win...anything. Like I said, I know some of U are going to disagree with me on this and say this happens all of the time and injuries are a part of the game and it's perfectly legal what they were doing, etc. I don't think it's right, atleast not in HS. I don't blame the kids for this as they are just doing what they're taught...by their COACHES. I hope Mr. B gets what some of the PNG faithfull are already wanting to happen.

hope he well and able to play i actually seen the play when he got hurt lastweek........it was a nice hit by the kid from PNG but beard got out the game for a few plays and came right back in like everything was ok so i didnt think i was major at all

Thanks for the get well ozen, but I will have to disagree on the NICE HIT. I blame PNG's coaches for this. Those players were going for those knees the entire game, not just his either. They were going for the knees from start to finish even after he went down the very first time and then came back in 5-10 min. later. They went right at the knees again and again. He went down a 2nd time and went back in again and they go straight for the knees until he finally had to leave the final offensive series of the game. There are other players on the team that are dealing with the same crap, but not to the extent of his injury, because of that. They went at the knees when he was on Defense and they went right to them when he was on offense. No other team that we have played this year has even come close to what PNG was doing. It's a bunch of crap! This injury did not have to happen on that particular play. He was already bottled up by 2 defenders and wasn't really going forward anymore and then he see's it comin and a 3rd guy comes in straight for the knee. No reason for it at all. I would understand if it was a complete accident. For example, if he were about to run a smaller defender over and the kid thought better of it and went low. That's cool, because those things happen in football, but not this. I know people are going to come on here and argue with me and tell me that it's perfectly fine what PNG was doing because it's legal or whatever but it sure ain't ethical for coaches to be teaching HS kids to be doing this to that extent. This ain't the NFL where guys are getting paid millions to take somebody out, these are kids that have a future to think about. I guess PNG and their coaches will do anything to win...anything. Like I said, I know some of U are going to disagree with me on this and say this happens all of the time and injuries are a part of the game and it's perfectly legal what they were doing, etc. I don't think it's right, atleast not in HS. They were intentionally trying to cause a knee injury and that is exactly what happened. I don't blame the kids for this as they are just doing what they're taught...by their COACHES. I hope Mr. B gets what some of the PNG faithfull are already wanting to happen.

All I can say is your a IDIOT!!!!! Beard is a great player, but no one was trying to go for his knee. The play he got hurt on was when he was trying to make a spin move at the end of a run. ALL_ABOUT you have an excuse for everything.

Thanks for the get well ozen, but I will have to disagree on the NICE HIT. I blame PNG's coaches for this. Those players were going for those knees the entire game, not just his either. They were going for the knees from start to finish even after he went down the very first time and then came back in 5-10 min. later. They went right at the knees again and again. He went down a 2nd time and went back in again and they go straight for the knees until he finally had to leave the final offensive series of the game. There are other players on the team that are dealing with the same crap, but not to the extent of his injury, because of that. They went at the knees when he was on Defense and they went right to them when he was on offense. No other team that we have played this year has even come close to what PNG was doing. It's a bunch of crap! This injury did not have to happen on that particular play. He was already bottled up by 2 defenders and wasn't really going forward anymore and then he see's it comin and a 3rd guy comes in straight for the knee. No reason for it at all. I would understand if it was a complete accident. For example, if he were about to run a smaller defender over and the kid thought better of it and went low. That's cool, because those things happen in football, but not this. I know people are going to come on here and argue with me and tell me that it's perfectly fine what PNG was doing because it's legal or whatever but it sure ain't ethical for coaches to be teaching HS kids to be doing this to that extent. This ain't the NFL where guys are getting paid millions to take somebody out, these are kids that have a future to think about. I guess PNG and their coaches will do anything to win...anything. Like I said, I know some of U are going to disagree with me on this and say this happens all of the time and injuries are a part of the game and it's perfectly legal what they were doing, etc. I don't think it's right, atleast not in HS. They were intentionally trying to cause a knee injury and that is exactly what happened. I don't blame the kids for this as they are just doing what they're taught...by their COACHES. I hope Mr. B gets what some of the PNG faithfull are already wanting to happen.

All I can say is your a IDIOT!!!!! Beard is a great player, but no one was trying to go for his knee. The play he got hurt on was when he was trying to make a spin move at the end of a run. ALL_ABOUT you have an excuse for everything.

Oh, are we going to act like little children and start calling each other names now? If U seen what some of the players on the Lumberton football team's knees look like this week I think U could form an educated opinion on this. You're just mad because I called out PNG & their coaches. They were going for knees, this I know. Maybe that's just the way they play, but it doesn't make it right. I was wondering how long it would take someone from PNG to get offended by this.

Not just PNG gets offended by this.   I have seen PNG play and they are not dirty.   Injuries happen in football.   Get a life.

(tl;dr version [too long;didn't read - basically means a summarized version] at the bottom)

First of all, I read these forums quite often, though I never post. To establish who I am, I'm in the Band at LHS, but rest assured, I guarantee that I am extremely unbiased because I love watching football, and that's that. (The only exception concerning bias may be UT =D HOOK 'EM)

Second, now that I've said that, I go to every game, as that is required of all band students, and on that particular play when Anthony Beard went back in the game, the hit happened right in front of the band. I know for a fact that the guy that had the tackle went straight for the knees.

From where I was sitting, I can't tell if "U" is correct when he says that PNG was going for Beard's knees the whole game, offense and defense, but I guarantee you that if you saw what I saw, you would have no doubt that Beard's knees were the target, not Beard himself.

At that time, I thought nothing of it, considering I watch NFL games all the time and see targets painted on knees all the time, but I do agree that HS is completely different from NFL. You aren't paid any more or any less for winning, so intentionally causing an injury is pretty awful.

Beard's knee status was an intentional result.

That's all I'm saying. Don't attach the bad reputation that Lumberton posters have on this forum with me. I may be a senior at LHS, but I'm well-minded enough to not fabricate claims or make arrogant ones, not to mention that I have pretty extensive experience on forums.

So basically (if you didn't feel like reading all of the above):

- I know for a fact that whoever tackled Beard was going for the knees on purpose.

- I do not deny nor claim that PNG aimed for Beard's knees the entire game.

- I am not claiming that PNG played dirty on purpose, if at all.

OK.  I accept your conclusion that the PNG player " went for his knees".  So what?  Isn't Beard a big guy?  All players are trained to hit low on larger players.  it is part of football.  Doesn't mean he was trying to injure anybody.  That is how you tackle big guys.  You will se that at any level of football.

OK. I accept your conclusion that the PNG player " went for his knees". So what? Isn't Beard a big guy? All players are trained to hit low on larger players. it is part of football. Doesn't mean he was trying to injure anybody. That is how you tackle big guys. You will se that at any level of football.

Okay I know things get touchy real quickly on a forum, so let me state beforehand that I have no intention, bluntly or subliminally, of offending anyone. The only reason I posted in the first place was to assert my own observations.

Now on to your post ... like I said, I love watching football, but I wouldn't be the person to go to to explain football to someone.

I'm sure you're correct when you say that players are trained to hit low to get maximum results, but on that play, it wasn't necessary (he could have made the tackle just as easily without going for the knees), especially when everyone in the Reservation knew that Beard's knee was already injured.

That doesn't seem to shout "hit low so you can take him out easier." It shouts "go for his knees so that he won't be a threat for the rest of the game." And thus, won't be a threat for the rest of the season perhaps.

So I hear your logic, but my thoughts are that it doesn't apply at all here considering that wasn't the objective, because if going low to take him out easier was the objective, he wouldn't have practically dived for Beard's knees.

I respect PNG (yes, I know, hard to believe, considering some of my schoolmates and community members may not), and I find it extremely believable that they played a clean game, but on that particular play, I have to say that there was nothing clean about it.

Not just PNG gets offended by this.   I have seen PNG play and they are not dirty.   Injuries happen in football.   Get a life.

Yes, this is exactly what I expected to hear...Injuries happen in football! Yes, I know, injuries happen in football. Maybe so, but no other team this year came close to what PNG was doing. I know what I saw and I know what I've heard. I'm not saying they singled out #49 because it wasn't just him dealing with the knee & leg issues all this week. I'm talking about black & blue legs from knee to ankles. I'm not saying they said, "We have to hurt Beard on this play", but they were going for the knees all night long, not just on him. Like I said, maybe that's just the way they play...whatever. If U want to call it dirty, then go ahead. They did this last year also. I just think it's a chicken .... way of doing things myself. If we can't beat them, then let's just try & take them out so then maybe we can beat them. I didn't call them dirty. BUt hey, if U want to call it that, that's fine. I'm not on here calling out any kids. It is ultimately the coaches that run the show. I'm not even saying they singled out Lumberton to do this to, apparently Central had to deal with similar experience the last time they played them. Like I said, that's just the way they are taught to play and U see the end result. Now get offended by that people.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124