With the alledged sexual assault case in Silsbee...

ionesee...you dont know any facts or sides of the story so stop sayin they should be prosecuted...

you wasnt there so everyone needs to drop this conversation...i thought this was a sight for

sports not a sexual assault case.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

As you can see, we have some very motivated reporters here. ::)

OK I am not a leagal eagle but is a bail and a bond the same thing?  you always hear them together as in "bailbonds man"

You get released on bail. The normal way to post bail is to get a bondsman to post a bond guaranteeing the money in your name. That is because most people can't post the entire sum of the bail on the criminal charge. You pay the bondsman a percentage (I think the going rate is 10-15%) and he posts a bond in your name. If you don't show for court, the bondsman has to come up with the cash. An example would be a person being given a bail of $10,000. Most people don't have that kind of cash on hand but many can come up with $1,000 or 10%. They give that amount to the bondsman and he gets you out of jail but guaranteeing the sheriff that he is good for the money if you skip out. The bondsman makes his profit by keeping your $1,000.

In reality, bail and bond are used as the same term by the media and the public.

Speaking of legalese.... I read some of the news stories that the teenagers were "charged" with sexual assault. I am thinking at this point they are charged with nothing. They have been arrested for sexual assault on a probable cause affidavit and a judge gave them bail. As far as I know, the District Attorney has not accepted charges on anyone involved in this case. Being a felony, if they are eventually charged then they have to be indicted by a grand jury. We are speaking some time in the future assuming that it is ever even brought to a grand jury. These accusations may very well be dropped without ever going to a grand jury. My opinion is that they have been charged with nothing at this point and have only been accused by a police officer that completed a probable cause affidavit. Just food for thought when people start saying what should or should not be done in the case.

Three guys rape a young lady and you people are acting like they didnt do anything. Send them to prison and let them get some FIRST HAND knowledge about rape.

No, only one could have "alledgedly" raped her. We do not yet know all the facts. Obviously you just read what you want to. I guess no one really learned anything from the Duke lacross team scandal and still make rushes to judgement ... sad. Really sad.

Speaking of legalese.... I read some of the news stories that the teenagers were "charged" with sexual assault. I am thinking at this point they are charged with nothing. They have been arrested for sexual assault on a probable cause affidavit and a judge gave them bail. As far as I know, the District Attorney has not accepted charges on anyone involved in this case. Being a felony, if they are eventually charged then they have to be indicted by a grand jury. We are speaking some time in the future assuming that it is ever even brought to a grand jury. These accusations may very well be dropped without ever going to a grand jury. My opinion is that they have been charged with nothing at this point and have only been accused by a police officer that completed a probable cause affidavit. Just food for thought when people start saying what should or should not be done in the case.

tvc184, I personally thank you for this post. You are correct, no one has been charged with anything, yet. The three were arrested on the probable cause affidavit. I too wish folks would hold their tongue on the "they're guilty, not guilty" thing. It's just too soon. Sadly, I don't get to make that call.

As for the media reports about those kids being charged, just shotty reporting and sensationalizing is what it is. We got a lot of that around here, motivated as well. ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami