OK, you predict this 20-4A race if you're so smart

My prediction in no particular order is Central, Nederland and Lumberton. I did earlier pick Central to win the district and I will stand by that. However, it is simply a guess at this point in 20-4A.  Nederland does seem to have the upper hand. This week will give us a little better idea. Good luck to all.

Mediocre. Have you seen Nederland play this year? Putting 40 points on the board a game is not mediocre.

Actually, I have seen them play twice.  Unimpressive against Ozen, but better against PNG.  Still, isn't PNG pretty bad?  Ned got whipped in all aspects by 3A Orange and Jasper.  They are not very physical which you will find out about two games deep into the playoffs.  Hope they prove me wrong.

Prior to the season my playoff picks were in order:

Central

Nederland

Port Neches

Ozen

My updated selections are:

Nederland

Lumberton

Central

Livingston

I still am a little worried about Nederland this week vs. an angry fired up Central squad at home coming off a loss.. A lot will be clearer after this ballgame.

Wow lets see Lumberton beats Livingston and everyone wrote them off. The Pi Rats beat Lumberton and everyone wrote them off. The Pi Rats lose to OZEN and the Pi Rats are wrote off. Livingston beats PNG and BOOM livingston is a playoff team and PNG is wrote off. Lumberton beats Central and BOOM the L-Train is on track to the playoffs.

Tell me if Big Ned beats Central are they no longer a playoff team?? What about PNG and the Pi Rats is the loser out and the winner in??

I said back in week one that I would not be suprised if the second place team in District has 2 L's by thier name. The Champ will prolly have at least one Loss. Every one still has to play at least one team that can beat them. My four teams are in no order.

Ned

Lum

Liv

Png

But who knows it could be

Lcm

Oze

Vid

Cen

Wow lets see Lumberton beats Livingston and everyone wrote them off. The Pi Rats beat Lumberton and everyone wrote them off. The Pi Rats lose to OZEN and the Pi Rats are wrote off. Livingston beats PNG and BOOM livingston is a playoff team and PNG is wrote off. Lumberton beats Central and BOOM the L-Train is on track to the playoffs.

Tell me if Big Ned beats Central are they no longer a playoff team?? What about PNG and the Pi Rats is the loser out and the winner in??

I said back in week one that I would not be suprised if the second place team in District has 2 L's by thier name. The Champ will prolly have at least one Loss. Every one still has to play at least one team that can beat them. My four teams are in no order.

Ned

Lum

Liv

Png

But who knows it could be

Lcm

Oze

Vid

???

No love for Central???????????

I predict after Friday Night the district will look like this:

Ned  4-0

Lum  3-1

Liv    3-1

PNG  2-2

Cen  2-2

Oz    1-3

Vid    1-3

LCM  0-4

And I predict a finish of:

Ned  7-0

Cen  5-2

Lum  4-3

PNG  4-3

Liv    4-3

Oz    2-5

Vid    2-5

LCM  0-7 

Since Liv has a +18 tie braker head start now on PNG and Lumberton is +18 on Liv, PNG has some work to do against Lumberton.

Of course the only thing that I am certain about is LCM will not be in the playoffs!

once they get in the playoffs all that matters is if they are the big school then its whoever has the better record goes as the 1 seed and then other goes as the 2 seed. if they have the same record then the tie breaker is head to head match up. Reason why Lumberton went as a higher seed than Dayton last year.

once they get in the playoffs all that matters is if they are the big school then whoever one then whoever has the better record goes as the 1 seed and then other goes as the 2 seed. if they have the same record then the tie breaker is head to head match up. Reason why Lumberton went as a higher seed than Dayton last year.

Yes, head to head is the proper call. But, if you'll notice WTB, badndn has it where there will be a three way tie for that third and fourth spot, with each of those teams 1-1 against the other. That's when they'll have to use the point system like he is referring to. After that tiebreaker, then the two teams left will be put in either Div 1 or 2 and either the 1st or 2nd seeds, all depending on enrollment and record, head to head. In this particular scenario, both these teams would go Div.2, since Nederland and Central are the district's top enrollments.

I dont think you would ever have to use the point system for playoff seeds. It would still go by enrollment, so that would divide the teams into 2 groups of 2 and then the head to head match up would decide who gets the 1 seed if the 2 teams have the same record. I could be wrong though and I might have just said the same thing you did.

I dont think you would ever have to use the point system for playoff seeds. It would still go by enrollment, so that would divide the teams into 2 groups of 2 and then the head to head match up would decide who gets the 1 seed if the 2 teams have the same record. I could be wrong though and I might have just said the same thing you did.

You have totally missed the point that badndn was making and that I explained. If you will look again, he has 3 teams tieing for the 3rd and 4th spots. He has Ned and Central 1st and 2nd, then he has PNG, Lumberton, and Livingston tieing for 3rd and 4th with 4-3 records, each going 1-1 against one another. That's when you will have to use the point system that we are talking about. Yes, you are correct in that if you only have 4 teams that qualify, you simply use the enrollment, records, and head to head and yes, the point system is not used for the seeding, only for qualifying. But in this scenario, you will have Ned and Central going Div.1 because of enrollment, with Ned being the #1 seed, Central #2, and then you would have to use the points system to declare which 2 teams go to the playoffs out of the three that are tied, Lumberton, Livingston, and PNG.

Now do you understand?

Ned   4-0

Lum   3-1

Liv    3-1

PNG   2-2

Cen   2-2

Oz     1-3

Vid    1-3

LCM   0-4

Ned   7-0

Cen   5-2

Lum   4-3

PNG   4-3

Liv     4-3

Oz     2-5

Vid    2-5

LCM   0-7   

Since Liv has a +18 tie braker head start now on PNG and Lumberton is +18 on Liv, PNG has some work to do against Lumberton.

Of course the only thing that I am certain about is LCM will not be in the playoffs!

Just curious, In your playoff scenario, You are assuming Lumberton looses to Nederland & PNG?? And furthermore you ASSume that PNG beats Ozen, Vidor, & Central?? You know what they say about assuming stuff.

Ned   4-0

Lum   3-1

Liv    3-1

PNG   2-2

Cen   2-2

Oz     1-3

Vid    1-3

LCM   0-4

Ned   7-0

Cen   5-2

Lum   4-3

PNG   4-3

Liv     4-3

Oz     2-5

Vid    2-5

LCM   0-7   

Just curious, In your playoff scenario, You are assuming Lumberton looses to Nederland & PNG?? And furthermore you ASSume that PNG beats Ozen, Vidor, & Central?? You know what they say about assuming stuff.

How about this, as long as we are making ASSumptions.

Ned  3-1

Lum  3-1

Liv    3-1

PNG  1-3

Cen  3-1

Oz    1-3

Vid    2-2

LCM  0-4

Ned  5-2

Cen  5-2