Ozens Willie Jefferson

The guy caught 3 maybe 4 passes out of 8 or so that went his way! 'with 2 of them being ticked off right under his own nose!'

Y'all can yap all you want about him having the best hands and being the most recruited receiver in SETX, WHATEVER! Don't believe everything you hear....when the season ends we will just see where he goes....and I bet you that IF he does get picked up, it will be to play basketball....not football.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willei will be a TE on the next level...  They will add about 30 -50 lbs to his frame and he will be OK... He is actually very athletic but he looks faster on the court.  This is not a clumsy, tall kid (You would know that if you make it to a basketball game)... He has very good control of his feet and body...  He is an undersized, foul prone (because he goes after every potential block) forward on the next level which will hurt him in basketball recruitment...

I love how people that know nothing about a person individually can comment on him. Willie has turned the corner as a team player. He has stepped up to be a pretty good leader. Some of you commenting havent sent a kid to a decent D1 in years and as far as lumberton the beard kid is good but the rest of the team play well as a team but no one else will be a possible recruit for anyone respectable.

Most of you probably dont even know willie or the rest of the kids you are talking about other than what you preceive from the games you see on friday night from the opposite side of the field. Stop being jealous and support all of our local talent.

As far as basketball goes he is good but I know he wants to play football at the next level and there have already been over 2 dozen offers.

I love how people that know nothing about a person individually can comment on him. Willie has turned the corner as a team player. He has stepped up to be a pretty good leader. Some of you commenting havent sent a kid to a decent D1 in years and as far as lumberton the beard kid is good but the rest of the team play well as a team but no one else will be a possible recruit for anyone respectable.

Most of you probably dont even know willie or the rest of the kids you are talking about other than what you preceive from the games you see on friday night from the opposite side of the field. Stop being jealous and support all of our local talent.

As far as basketball goes he is good but I know he wants to play football at the next level and there have already been over 2 dozen offers.

I know Willie and Team Player is far from being close to his personality!  Willie has been at the center of alot of drama...now that he's a senior he needs to be a team player since he's not a leader...Willie is the only dude who can jump in the endzone and celebrate doing the superman and not get a penalty!  Central's Damion Kyle picks off a pass against Lumberton and returns it for a TD and get's a personal foul for raising the ball up in the endzone!  But he'll be alright if he listens to the one who care about him!

Do not get the misconseption that just because i grew up in Lumberton i know nothing about football. I know what i saw when the kid played against Lumberton. I have played college ball and also had teammates drafted to the NFL.From what i seen on the field all Willie has is size. He is not even close to being in the same league as Cardenas from Nederland. Also being a team player and a leader does not make you a great football player. Like I said he will not make a impact at the next level unless it is a real small school.

I know both and I have played at that next level and I am in close proximity to him all the time. He definitly made an impact at the lumberton game althought he team came up short. But I tell you he has only begun to scratch his potential. He has a frame that will hold much more weight and he will learn by leeps and bounds in the coming years. He has pretty good work ethic and I know for a fact when he went to the LSU camp he responds well to challenges and criticism. Just to let you know at that camp he literally made a fool of the nations number one corner back and did the same to the 3rd ranked outside backer. WHat else do you want

I know both and I have played at that next level and I am in close proximity to him all the time. He definitly made an impact at the lumberton game althought he team came up short. But I tell you he has only begun to scratch his potential. He has a frame that will hold much more weight and he will learn by leeps and bounds in the coming years. He has pretty good work ethic and I know for a fact when he went to the LSU camp he responds well to challenges and criticism. Just to let you know at that camp he literally made a fool of the nations number one corner back and did the same to the 3rd ranked outside backer. WHat else do you want

Wins would be nice...but he can't do it alone and they won't do it to the Jags! ;D

Jefferson should be dominating shorter defenders, much more than he is. All Ozen have to do is throw it up and let him go get it. Not to mention red zone, No reason for Ozen to ev er come up empty, just throw the fade. He supposed to win that battle most of the time. All it will take is a good coach to teach this kid coordination,he'll be alright. Hope he don't break out against my Jags though ;D

All positions on the field, needs another to be successfull... But no other is more dependent than WR.  Put Willie on that NED squad he would be way more dominant.  He needs a QB that will put the ball at 6'7" and not 5'3".....  With his size and athleticism he has the potential to only get better!!!

excellent observation short. And I believe we are about 90 to 95 percent in the red zone. And anyone who really knows anything about football you dont just throw the ball up. You probably need to stick to the armchair stuff and let the real coaches coach.

excellent observation short. And I believe we are about 90 to 95 percent in the red zone. And anyone who really knows anything about football you dont just throw the ball up. You probably need to stick to the armchair stuff and let the real coaches coach.

I know alot about football and I'm no coach...but I'll tell you this...If your a big time player and in the redzone it don't matter if they're playing cover 2 or 3...if your 6'7"...you go get the ball!...You gotta have the mindset to get it done...I wish people would understand...it ain't the coaches that don't get it done...PLAYAS MAKE PLAYS! 

I know alot about football and I'm no coach...but I'll tell you this...If your a big time player and in the redzone it don't matter if they're playing cover 2 or 3...if your 6'7"...you go get the ball!...You gotta have the mindset to get it done...I wish people would understand...it ain't the coaches that don't get it done...PLAYAS MAKE PLAYS! 

But Coaches call calls... Playas execute!!!! unless that call isnt for you!

But Coaches call calls... Playas execute!!!! unless that call isnt for you!

No doubt...Coaches call the plays...and it is there job to get em in line and in the best possible position for success!  Playas still have to get the job done...whether they agree with the call or not it 11 on 11...which ever side has the least amount of screw ups will have the perfect play and most success!

"Mindset," now thats an important word that is overlooked in a lot of coaching ranks. Probably because many coaches don't know how to teach it. A good mental attitude  with a 6'7" height is an all-american in the making. Roberto Clememte once said, " If the ball is hit inside the park, I should be able to catch it."  Now thats a good mental atttitude that will take you a long way.

"Mindset," now thats an important word that is overlooked in a lot of coaching ranks. Probably because many coaches don't know how to teach it. A good mental attitude  with a 6'7" height is an all-american in the making. Roberto Clememte once said, " If the ball is hit inside the park, I should be able to catch it."  Now thats a good mental atttitude that will take you a long way.

True...Very True! 8)

Willie probably would fair better playing Bball at the next level.  The night they played Nederland was right after TO was running lazy routes when the Cowboys lost and WJ was doing the same thing.  Of course, Rison trying an onside kick coming out of halftime didn't help matters either....

Willie will play football at the next level. He will sit first year and play a decent role in his second but watch in his third year. I have the patience to wait for three years and then rub your noses in it. I would not be suprised that if he puts on some weight that the coaches dont utilize him sooner than that.  Watcha nd see.

Willie will play football at the next level. He will sit first year and play a decent role in his second but watch in his third year. I have the patience to wait for three years and then rub your noses in it. I would not be suprised that if he puts on some weight that the coaches dont utilize him sooner than that.   Watcha nd see.

It ain't just weight...do you think Willie will hit the wt room...honestly...do you think he'll stay up at college during the summer and workout...or say he's gonna come home and do it!  I hope for the best with him...but in order to be a playa at the next level...he can't do the mess he's doing now...MENTAL ATTITUDE!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124