Livingston?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

A few weeks ago when Lumberton put a beat down on the Lions of Livingston everyone said how horrible they were and that they wouldn't win a game in 20-4A...well people, what has happened? Anyone care to elaborate or give your thoughts on this topic? Everyone thought because Lumberton beat them badly that they were just a horrible team because well, Lumberton beat them. Now they have pulled off two wins in a row and now it seems that Lumberton may have made them look that bad and the Raiders are just that much better. I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if Livingston makes the playoffs this year in the 3rd or 4th spot. I think that they can beat Vidor, LCM & could possibly upset Central & Nederland if conditions are right. Well people, what do U think? I think that many of U were wrong calling them a horrible team...they do have some good athletes, I'm telling U.

Livingston got slapped around by Lumberton but then they got beat by Vidor who got beat by Central who got beat by Lumberton. If Lumberton beat Central and Central beat Vidor, shouldn't Lumberton have beaten Vidor?

I think it is according to which night they play and how sharp the team is on that night. I've seen Nederland go a couple of games deep into the playoffs after getting humiliated by Central. You just can't tell by any given game. Comparing scores does not exist once the teams take the field.

Since Nederland handled Ozen fairly easily and Ozen beat Vidor, then Vidor might as well not show up to play the Bulldogs.... right? That is why you can't compare scores or make sense out of one game to the next.

Just my two cents.  But, the team that you saw play against Lumberton was not the same team that you saw play against Ozen and PNG.  There are something like 15 brand new varsity starters on this Livingston team that went 10-3 last year.  I know Lumberton is going through the same thing but the thing is Livingston only played ONE game on the season before we played Lumberton.  There is a ALOT of growing up and maturing going on with this Livingston team, day-by-day and game by game. 

I have been reading comments on here from Lumberton fans about how horrible Livingston is and that if a team in 20-4A gets beat by Livingston they are horrible as well.  Well, I can give you NUMEROUS reasons why we lost to you that are just excuses but I won't.  I will simply say that if you think that the same team that showed up in Lumberton after a 2 week layoff and inexperience galore is the same team playing at this time then I invite you to come out and watch Livingston again. You will see a team that is growing and maturing and believing in front of your eyes with every snap in every game.

20-4A has given Livingston ZERO respect this year and I understand that because we are the new kid on the block in this district but we came from a district last year that was just as hard and we know how to compete every game.  If fans from other teams want to just believe that we don't belong in the district then don't be surprised when we come into your stadium and take that respect that we do deserve.

Just my two cents.  But, the team that you saw play against Lumberton was not the same team that you saw play against Ozen and PNG.  There are something like 15 brand new varsity starters on this Livingston team that went 10-3 last year.  I know Lumberton is going through the same thing but the thing is Livingston only played ONE game on the season before we played Lumberton.  There is a ALOT of growing up and maturing going on with this Livingston team, day-by-day and game by game. 

I have been reading comments on here from Lumberton fans about how horrible Livingston is and that if a team in 20-4A gets beat by Livingston they are horrible as well.  Well, I can give you NUMEROUS reasons why we lost to you that are just excuses but I won't.  I will simply say that if you think that the same team that showed up in Lumberton after a 2 week layoff and inexperience galore is the same team playing at this time then I invite you to come out and watch Livingston again. You will see a team that is growing and maturing and believing in front of your eyes with every snap in every game.

20-4A has given Livingston ZERO respect this year and I understand that because we are the new kid on the block in this district but we came from a district last year that was just as hard and we know how to compete every game.  If fans from other teams want to just believe that we don't belong in the district then don't be surprised when we come into your stadium and take that respect that we do deserve.

Actually, most of the comments about Livingston being horrible were from non-Lumberton fans. They said Livingston was horrible because Lumberton beat them as if Lumberton can only beat a horrible team and couldn't possibly beat another good team.

I think Livingston might be a lot like Dayton. Lumberton got lucky and snuck up on Dayton the first game of the year when Dayton was obviously a better team. Dayton then went on to win the rest of district games, most of them easily. Livingston, after being tripped up by Lumberton, has then taken care of business.

Not only "being there" at the end and looking for a playoff spot, they may be in it for the district title. Time will tell but since the loss to Lumberton, they look like they certainly have the potential as much as any other team.

Actually, most of the comments about Livingston being horrible were from non-Lumberton fans. They said Livingston was horrible because Lumberton beat them as if Lumberton can only beat a horrible team and couldn't possibly beat another good team.

Actually you are incorrect. Most of the posts that said Livingston was horrible after the Lumberton game came from Lumberton fans. Go back and check.

Listen up...know matter what excuses U could give would hold any water whatsoever as to why Livingston lost to Lumberton. They lost to a superior team and were beaten badly. O.k, so Lumberton played 1 more game than Livingston before we played you. Lumberton lost A LOT of Seniors last year as well and were predicted to miss the playoffs this year. I think Lumberton had a layoff as well from Ike didn't they? PNG & Ozen are not Lumberton. Livingston did look better against those teams because they are not Lumberton. Lumberton made the Lions look bad that night, there is no denying that. Our starters sat out some of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarter. I didn't come on here to talk smack about Livingston. I was actually giving them some props and I'm from Lumberton. As a matter of fact I said they will make the playoffs this year. I'm saying they are not all that bad like everyone was on here saying after Lumberton beat them. Mostly Lumberton HATERS were saying these things.

Guest Brubaker

Look U, Eagle didn't take anything away from Lumberton he was simply commenting to the rest of the district on what Livingston's got and send a warning shot.  I think many Nederland fans did the same thing after getting shallacked by WOS in game one... the message was, this isn't the Nederland team you'll be facing.  Eagle's simply telling us, that the team that Lumberton thumped is not the team that will be rolling into your town... it doesn't seem to be the same one that handled PNG.

I think Livingston might be a lot like Dayton. Lumberton got lucky and snuck up on Dayton the first game of the year when Dayton was obviously a better team. Dayton then went on to win the rest of district games, most of them easily. Livingston, after being tripped up by Lumberton, has then taken care of business.

Not only "being there" at the end and looking for a playoff spot, they may be in it for the district title. Time will tell but since the loss to Lumberton, they look like they certainly have the potential as much as any other team.

The difference between the Dayton & Livingston game is that while Lumberton may have snuck up on Dayton they didn't sneak up on Livingston. The Dayton game came down to the wire and Lumberton dominated Livingston from start to finish. If Lumberton plays Livingston again, Raiders win. If we had played Dayton again last year we probably would have lost.

Guest Brubaker

Livingston got slapped around by Lumberton but then they got beat by Vidor who got beat by Central who got beat by Lumberton. If Lumberton beat Central and Central beat Vidor, shouldn't Lumberton have beaten Vidor?

I think it is according to which night they play and how sharp the team is on that night. I've seen Nederland go a couple of games deep into the playoffs after getting humiliated by Central. You just can't tell by any given game. Comparing scores does not exist once the teams take the field.

Since Nederland handled Ozen fairly easily and Ozen beat Vidor, then Vidor might as well not show up to play the Bulldogs.... right? That is why you can't compare scores or make sense out of one game to the next.

TVC, unless my Geometry is fuzzy, I think you just stated the Transitive Property of Butt Kickins

Actually you are incorrect. Most of the posts that said Livingston was horrible after the Lumberton game came from Lumberton fans. Go back and check.

O.K., it really doesn't matter as to how many Lumberton or non-Lumberton fans have said Livingston is horrible, there is no need for me to go back and check...it's not that important to me. All I know is that it wasn't all Lumberton fans saying this and I'm referring to Eagle singling out Lumberton fans calling Lions horrible whenever it wasn't all Lumberton.

The difference between the Dayton & Livingston game is that while Lumberton may have snuck up on Dayton they didn't sneak up on Livingston. The Dayton game came down to the wire and Lumberton dominated Livingston from start to finish. If Lumberton plays Livingston again, Raiders win. If we had played Dayton again last year we probably would have lost.

That is probably the most sensible statement you have ever made on here. I was about to write you off as just another wacko.  ;D

I know that I thought Livingston would not win a game, except for this one, boy was I wrong. The may have a playoff spot in this district after all.

That is probably the most sensible statement you have ever made on here. I was about to write you off as just another wacko.  ;D

I know that I thought Livingston would not win a game, except for this one, boy was I wrong. The may have a playoff spot in this district after all.

I agree.  The U was setting an all time record for posts and not one of them was worth a booger.  He's had his feelings on his shoulder's since he joined, can't believe he said Dayton would have beat Lumberton the second time around.  Thanks for the unintentional props U, I just about teared up.  ::)

NO NO NO.......Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back and they still should have lost that game and maybe they beat PNG that bad because PNG just isnt good just my opinion though

NO NO NO.......Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back and they still should have lost that game and maybe they beat PNG that bad because PNG just isnt good just my opinion though

Time will tell.

NO NO NO.......Livingston is not that good they just whopped Ozen's behind all over the place. Let's not give Lumberton any credit now. Oh, so that's the reason why Lumberton beat them. Ozen, you weren't even at the game and how do U know for sure that Lumberton wouldn't have beaten Livingston the same way if the supposedly had all of the ATHLETES there? There are always excuses aren't there? I hope the Raiders put a BEAT DOWN on Ozen this Friday night so I don't have to hear your ridiculous statements for awhile.

I agree.  The U was setting an all time record for posts and not one of them was worth a booger.  He's had his feelings on his shoulder's since he joined, can't believe he said Dayton would have beat Lumberton the second time around.  Thanks for the unintentional props U, I just about teared up.   ::)

It was intentional..I figured I'd throw U Dayton guys a bone.

Lumberton's fans are alway's looking for respect, that's the only reason this thread was started. The u was triing to say Livingston is good and we beat them and PNG could not, otherwise this would've been started by someone from Livingston. If Lumberton keeps winning the respect will come, Lumberton didn't just find a bunch of new athlete's and start winning, they found a coach and the kids bought into the system and it makes all the difference. Build off of each winning season and you will have lots of respect for your program, and stop losing to Vidor.

To me this whole thread is senseless. Comparing games is just plain stupid. It's all about the matchups. Some teams just have an advantage over others. Contrast of styles, the type of team, type of athletes, whatever you want to call it. Some teams just match up better and some teams don't.

Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back

Wrong, we just played that bad against Lumberton.  We had the same starters on the field against Lumberton as we did against Ozen, just completely different attitude and execution.

Livingston is not that good but not as bad as lumberton made them seem only reason lumberton beat livingston like that was because they didnt have all their players back due to the hurricane......against ozen they had all their athletes back

Wrong, we just played that bad against Lumberton.  We had the same starters on the field against Lumberton as we did against Ozen, just completely different attitude and execution.

Excellent post! It is all about execution each and every week. How do you explain the Redskins losing to the Rams at home after back-to-back impressive road wins at the Cowboys and at the Eagles? It is all about how a team plays THAT NIGHT. PERIOD, end of sentence. While I will agree that the better team will usually win, that is not always the case especially when you are talking about 16-18 year old kids on a given Friday. If the Cowboys played the Cardinals 5 times do you think the Cards would win EVERY time? If Texas played OU 5 times, do you think the Horns win all 5?  How often would Oregon State beat USC? It is all about how a team plays and matches up on the date that they actually face one another, not what they do before or after YOUR TEAM plays them.

I was one of the people who said "Mark my word, Livingston will not win a game in district 20-4A. "When i said it, I actually believed it. They were dominated from start to finish. When i say dominated, I mean they couldn't do anything offensively against Lumberton. However, as a previous post stated, some schemes completely negate another. Based on Livingston's performance the last two weeks I was obviously wrong about their team. Good luck the rest of the way Livingston, every game you win is better for us.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed