West Brook vs. Baytown Lee Predictions

After three games this season, we have averaged 52.6 PPG on offense, while our defense has given up just over 16 PPG. If we stay somewhere near those numbers, we should be ok. Defense still needs ALOT of work, though. Depth is really whats killing us on defense, IMO.

yalls DBs will cost yall a playoff especially with garrett being hurt.......just mark my word

Garrett will be fine.  You just better worry about your own team getting in.  The linebackers are weak.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WeedBegone

I have nothing against Brook and I wish them success; Its just how alot of Talk about Brook being so great annoys me cause when yall were down I didnt see many Brook fans on the Boards. My team is trash and Im here supporting them to the end. Go Brook Win It All for SETX is my attitude;Alot of post that are being put up seems as though Brook fans have no humility.

Big D --You have been registered for 1 year plus a little change and have posted 89 times which is 1 out of every 10 days.  Yet you are an expert on the history of WB.  As far as humility, we had out years and yes it was difficult to sit through 4 quarters.  But that has been three years now and you are still looking for the postings prior to your existence on this board.  So here it is---they sucked for 4 years after the school was split.  I was there and I remember.  But for three years now they have shown a winning tradition and i believe it is ok to recognize this.

Conclusion:  WB no longer sucks--and for the rest of you guys---WeedBegone is back. ;D

PS--Yo Ozenfinest-you need to win a few more before you can think about the play-offs.

to west and weedbegone wasnt trying to disrespect brook or their program just stating facts your DB's are weak and you know it and that'll be the reason they get knocked out the playoffs point blank.........you guys act like you cant except the truth...........and to you west we're the one with the D1 LB not brook so if ozen's LB's are weak what do you call yalls??

to west and weedbegone wasnt trying to disrespect brook or their program just stating facts your DB's are weak and you know it and that'll be the reason they get knocked out the playoffs point blank.........you guys act like you cant except the truth...........and to you west we're the one with the D1 LB not brook so if ozen's LB's are weak what do you call yalls??

Ozen, This post isn't about our playoff chances.  it's a chance to predict the WB Baytown Lee outcome.  You chose to take another shot at WB(as usual).  I've watched your players for two games and saw no outstanding defensive plays.  WB and Ned made your D1 look slow and weak.  Sorry you can't except the truth any better than I. 

ps--If our backers and dbacks are so bad, why couldn't Ozen move the ball?

Ozen, This post isn't about our playoff chances.  it's a chance to predict the WB Baytown Lee outcome.   You chose to take another shot at WB(as usual).  I've watched your players for two games and saw no outstanding defensive plays.  WB and Ned made your D1 look slow and weak.  Sorry you can't except the truth any better than I. 

ps--If our backers and dbacks are so bad, why couldn't Ozen move the ball?

we were moving the ball just turning it over also..........and i know you remember us going deep on yall for like 60 the first drive but you guys one and have a very good team and i never said yall LB's werent good until you said ours werent so you know i'll have to defend them.......and the only reason i said anything about you guys defense was because i was quoting 5a state champ's post

....and if you saw the first half of the C-view game, you'd know why I said what I said. I'll say it again in case anybody missed it. I'm as big a West Brook fan as anybody and I'll defend my team to the end, but our secondary is STILL suspect. With or without Jordan Garrett, If you're a HS team and you like to pass the ball, we cant do much to stop it except to outscore you. Our coaching can usually overcome it by changing up the defensive scheme, but we gave up 20 points to Channelview in the first half. Folks, thats more than they had scored in their first three games combined. There is no excuse for that kind of play. If we're gonna be an elite team in Texas, we're gonna have to play like one. Dont think I'm knocking our boys, but I see a problem here (and I'm obviously not the only one) and it needs to be addressed. As far as Jordan is concerned, I talked to Chip and he said that he would most likely be out until the Sterling game but should be OK. I just hope we dont lose anybody else to injury.

Come on, Ozensfinest.  We supposed to be rootin Brook on.  I hope they don't lose another game and make it to state. 

Now, I know last year that Brooks secondary was pitiful and that is what cost them the playoff game.  That was last year. I believe they are striving to fix that. 

Also, believe it or not, there are some of the Brook fans that support Central and Ozen and will come out to watch us.  (except for westend1 who chose to watch Nederland...I'm not going to start on him that!!  ;D ;D ;) ;) )

C'mon Soulja.  It was between Ozen and Central and you guys scared me off with Vidor parking stories.  I shouldn't have criticized Ozen, I just get sick of posters telling us WB fans that we are no good because we can't beat NS or Katy or Woodlands.  WB has a pretty good team.  Our posters don't go out claiming we are the next state champs.  We see our weaknesses and there is probably no way to fix them all.

It just disappoints me that some in this area can't wait for Brook to lose.  I don't understand it.  I'm pulling for anyone south of Lufkin and east of Houston.  That is our area.  some peolple just don't get that.

I hope they don't lose another game and make it to state.

Well, thanks for the support there, pal. Unfortunately, we've still got to play NS. While they've not seen an offense like ours yet, we've yet to see a defense as stingy as theirs. Maybe we'll win, realistically we prolly wont, but anything can happen. You know what they say, "offense wins games, defense wins championships!"

It just disappoints me that some in this area can't wait for Brook to lose...

It does seem like that, doesn't it? The reason we're not ranked any higher is because "we haven't played anybody!" blah blah blah I almost hope we get ahold of a Katy Tiger in the playoffs. I'd love to see our boys put them in their place.........maybe with a choke slam? ;D

im not knocking brook at all just being realistic.......at least someone feels where im coming from this is the second year in a row brooks D has been suspect but they're superior offense and great coaching helps out with that a whole lot..........to soulja and west all im doing is speaking the truth but one thing you are right about soulja is that i dont rout for brook i hope they lose every other game on their schedule except NS......dont know why but for some reason i want them to beat them other than that i hate brook but i mean im an ozen fan am i not supposed to hate em........they've kicked our butts what is it 5 years in a row now??

yes 5 years...good job ozensfinest

our dbs for 2 quarters played a terrible game...i cant believe that some one cant just show up to a game after 34 days off and do everything perfectly its pitiful...hellooo so after 1/2 of a game were ready to throw our dbs under a bus...im gonna give em a chance to prove themselves before i begin freaking out about the secondary...the fact that garretts out will hopefully give guys a chance to step up and will allow for development of depth in that position...im gonna give em a few games then ill make my call

For all of the WB fans, I will be shooting this game and posting them on my website.  www.exclusiveimaging.net  Make sure to check them out.  I had to miss the Channelview game, but there are some pics from the Central game already posted.  BTW  WB is on a roll NOW,  why waste your time trying to bash them for their play in the past.  Go out and support our local teams.  we all love great football, especially S.E. Texas football.  Christine Michael is one of the country's top runningbacks, how can you not be excited about the Bruins?

West Brook   66

REL              17

The Brook always plays well at Stallworth...it is like their second home field...they know not to overlook Dick Olin and the Ganders

if they show up to Stallworth to play then they will be sitting in the stands watching PAM and Sterling play...

I guess you got me all figured out; therefore i will spew my venom. I hope Brook loses every game here on out.The Brook is so big and bad they cant be beat. is that what the Bruin faithful want me to say. Yall get on here and run your mouth like yall have all the pieces in place to win State, Hell to the NAw its just not so, get over yourselves.I know my team is weak as tap water but I also know that Brook is not in the same class as Katy,NS, The Woodlands,and alot more. Go Bruins

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• We'll see. I don't trust us. 
    • Starting pitching has been shaky the last few weeks due to some injuries outside of Hagen Smith.  He goes tomorrow, so y’all should be fine 
    • Manchin may get it but any mention of the radical left that wanted to get rid of the filibuster and end almost 220 years of history because the Democrats are mad?  The House and Senate are obviously different legislative bodies with entirely different election processes and rules for a reason. The House can vote on laws with a simple majority vote. The Senate put rules in place that it would make it much tougher to pass laws. Laws should be difficult to pass. The Senate is often the holdup of the right and left. It takes 60 votes to break the filibuster so any law will almost certainly require agreement at least in part, from opposing sides of an issue. Because they can’t get laws passed, the radical left is like a baby having a tantrum and wants to change over 200 years of history and make it potentially ridiculously easy to pass laws. I have seen current poll maps and it is possible for the Republicans to sweep into complete power in November but by the tiniest margin. That would possibly mean that a single vote margin in both houses could enact what you might call the radical right laws. There would be nothing that the Democrats could do to stop any legislation whatsoever if the left (they are all radical, minus Manchin) got their filibuster rule changed.  That is where the current filibuster comes into play as any new law would require several Democrats to agree with the majority Republicans and vice versa.  Do you want the potential for your radical right to have free rein as the radical left wants by killing the filibuster or is the radical left just as (if not more) dangerous? Let’s see if we have a history in this area? Oh yeah, the Democrats changed the rules in the Senate to allow federal judges to not have to overcome the filibuster. Obama was not getting his federal judge nominations passed and being angry, they changed the rules instead of nominating more moderate justices. They were warned that it would come back to bite them. They didn’t care and chose the nuclear option to change the rules. Oops! Any guess how Trump got all of his Supreme Court nominees passed against strong Democrat opposition? The Democrats got rid of the filibuster for federal judges after another tantrum   So when you are so worried about the radical right, are you equally concerned in what the radical left is always doing by changing rules and history which were put into place just for situations like we are in? So while Manchin gets it, what about his other 50 colleagues (49 + Harris)?  What concerns you more, Abbott and Paxton or the Democrats who want to make it to where if the Republicans do take over, they can go wild… at least in your mind? 
    • MODS please remove that ISD twitter link! I had no idea it would copy the whole posting. I only highlighted the portion about the venue change. Sorry about that!
    • See why I don't trust my Hogs?
  • Topics