PN-G at Vidor Predictions?

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Whoever loses this game can forget the playoffs this year cause it ain't happening with 3 district losses at this point in the season.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and now I see others are saying it ! Vidor only loses 2 fumbles, they win , more than 3 game is close, 4 or more they lose, Heck it's how they loss both games so far but also how they won games so far You would think by now Vidor would have solved this fumbling problem 

Another thing we will have to work on is our tackling! We had a heck of a time making a tackle against Ozen. WAAAAYYYYY to many arm tackles... again going for the highlight tackle instead of wrapping up and waiting on help....  Ozen's RB was shifty and can turn on a dime, but we had plenty of chances of tackling him we just didn't break down and keep him in front of us... I think we need to go in the parking lot before the game and take turns slamming a car door on our hands to get us fired up.... or whatever it takes... we have to get our motor running early and often... When we took it to Ozen in the last half of the 3rd and all of the 4th they had a hard time stopping us.... just a bit to late...

If we hold on to the football...

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

Another thing we will have to work on is our tackling! We had a heck of a time making a tackle against Ozen. WAAAAYYYYY to many arm tackles... again going for the highlight tackle instead of wrapping up and waiting on help....  Ozen's RB was shifty and can turn on a dime, but we had plenty of chances of tackling him we just didn't break down and keep him in front of us... I think we need to go in the parking lot before the game and take turns slamming a car door on our hands to get us fired up.... or whatever it takes... we have to get our motor running early and often... When we took it to Ozen in the last half of the 3rd and all of the 4th they had a hard time stopping us.... just a bit to late...

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

yea, slamming a car door on our hands will really help with wrapping up... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

yea, slamming a car door on our hands will really help with wrapping up... ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

HAHAH I guess you missed the point.... Have you ever slammed your hand in the door? It may of hurt but being the maddest you have ever been in your life soon hits you.... because its your own fault.... that is what I was driving out... I mean come on what fool in their right mind would ever think someone would suggest this as a fix for holding on to something......

Another close one for the Pirates...PN-G 20 Vidor 17...sorry (vidor pirate)...gotta go with the gut here! PN-G has something to prove and the Pirates have apparently been making a lot of mistakes, something they can't do against PN-G (weak or not).

My thoughts... I've been to every PNG game so far this year. Daughter in the band !!!  GO BAND !!!!!!  Had a son play last year !!! and have had several family members play ball for PNG !  This years team in my opinion is very unorganized and seem to lack some serious motivation from within the team. I know there are some leaders on the team but I do feel they went into the season with a big head attitude thinking they were the team to beat and really didn't have much to prove. (just what I see).  OKAY to reasoning here now.  I'm not a coach, nor do I want to be a Monday Morning coach.  My thought, wright is overrated and seems to fall way to easy when hit. Harmon seems to be the better back to me.  Tatum has improved 100 fold over last season with his passing ability. I think the OC needs to let him throw to the open receivers instead of staying on course with the play that's called. In the game with Livingston the middle of the field was open all night. And after watching the video the one TD pass was over the middle. They need to throw to DeRon more and use his height to our advantage. Also more play action passing will open it up even more. The O line needs to settle down and get back to blocking and protecting our QB !!!  Its almost the same OL as last year !!! Back when Long played he just went out and threw to the most open receiver. He checked off to the next and the next till someone got open and look how far we went that year. Our Defense really needs some serious changes in who is on the field. I've been to several practices and some of the guys who are riding the sideline in the games should be on the field. Also the JV team has some big kids with great speed they need to bring up and put in as well.  I'm tired already of the predictability of the play calling. Every team knows what we are going to do and so far its killed us.  Change it up even more than they have been trying to.  If PNG can pull their heads out of the sand and focus and get some changes in place then they can prob win out the rest of the district schedule. If they play like they did against Nederland and Livingston then Vidor runs away with it Friday night. If PNG makes changes and works hard then PNG can walk away with a win. Either way this game will be alot closer than most would expect.

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

HAHAH I guess you missed the point.... Have you ever slammed your hand in the door? It may of hurt but being the maddest you have ever been in your life soon hits you.... because its your own fault.... that is what I was driving out... I mean come on what fool in their right mind would ever think someone would suggest this as a fix for holding on to something......

i caught u

and i got your meaning

was trying to bait the lumberton fans lol

but im never really angry when i do that, because im just like ahh i did it again lol

PNGfan66,  I agree with what you say about different players not playing.  I too have been to some practices and there are some guys on the sidelines that should be playing. A couple I know are seniors and one is even a 2year senior.  Many parents (?) going to the practices are making the same comments.  There are way too many playing both ways.  There are 66 players listed on the varsity roster.  No one else in our district comes close to having this number.  After many complaints last year about players playing both ways, the players were told at the beginning of the season this wouldn't happen this year.  Another promise broken I guess.

I do know that the players are tired of all the hoopla going on about the stadium for the last year (especially the seniors).  Because they started on it so late they will not get to play a full season at home.  These young men realize that it's not a stadium that gets you a district championship much less a state championship.  It's just plain ol' hard work.  The stadium has been a distraction to them more than anything else.  Its perceived as more for the fans and less for the players.  Its about giving the fans bragging rights over other schools in the district. This is not my opinion but feedback from several players.

It does look like the conversation is getting a little interesting on the PNG Indians website.  Here's a quote from a topic that has been locked.  I guess it's getting a little too hot for some but its a crying shame if its true to punish a player this way.

Go to the PNG Indians website 

This is the hidden content, please
and check this out. 

Re: PN-G VS LIVINGSTON -- **Live updates **

« Reply #142 on: Today at 12:34:50 AM »

Quote from: PNGfan on October 11, 2008, 12:38:21 PM

Here's my two cents. You can't blame the coaches on this one.  Livingston man handled our offensive line, and was in Tatum's face all night. Tatum either didn't have time to throw or he took too long and was sacked. Tatum needs to tuck and run up field if the WR isn't open. He's a good QB, but he needs to work on his vision of the field.  They need to bring up JV linemen I guess cause the varsity lineman looked horrible.  RB's quit trying to beat people to the sidelines because everybody we play is faster. If your running around the end and see pursuit, lower your head and try to gain as many yards as possible. It looks like Harmon runs a little better than Wright.  Wright may be too bulky too hold on to the ball. Defense didn't do too bad considering they were on the field alot. Still hurting in the secondary.  One more thing, the five yard out quick passes, either teach kids to come back to the ball or quit calling that play. It killed us last night and caused the other team to get 14 points.  I don't see that much talent this year from this team and aren't very motivated to play.  I don't think the blame should be ALL on the coaches, these boys are going have to step up and want to get it done or stay at the house for playoffs.  I wish the football team the best of luck for the rest of the season.

Quote from MightyNDNS "That is because some of your talent is sitting on the bench.  One in particular's dad ran for school board and spoke the truth and now the kid is paying for it - which is the biggest bunch of hogwash I have ever heard of - let the team suffer because the school board wants to cry in their corn flakes... get a frickin grip - bunch of pansies...."

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

Coach Comeaux your just as bad as Rusted Cutlass, if you think slamming your hand in a car door will help you tackle somebody your gravely mistaken. The only thing that will help is to get a ride to the emergency room while nurse your broken knuckle. Whether there be an underlying message or not that was probably the most ignorant thing I read on here by far. But then again it is easy to say what needs to be done on the football field and in practice from the sanctity of your own home. I do agree with the  fumble issue, the ball cannot be dropped. You drop the ball you lose the game, its that plain and simple. If Vidor can hang on to the ball they will come out victorious. By the way, where exactly do you coach at Coach Comeaux?

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

Coach Comeaux your just as bad as Rusted Cutlass, if you think slamming your hand in a car door will help you tackle somebody your gravely mistaken. The only thing that will help is to get a ride to the emergency room while nurse your broken knuckle. Whether there be an underlying message or not that was probably the most ignorant thing I read on here by far. But then again it is easy to say what needs to be done on the football field and in practice from the sanctity of your own home. I do agree with the  fumble issue, the ball cannot be dropped. You drop the ball you lose the game, its that plain and simple. If Vidor can hang on to the ball they will come out victorious. By the way, where exactly do you coach at Coach Comeaux?

Pirate78 you have to be kidding right...you live in Vidor and dont know who Coach Comeaux is.....thats funny....Comeaux I agree with you....lol

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

Pirate78 you have to be kidding right...you live in Vidor and dont know who Coach Comeaux is.....thats funny....Comeaux I agree with you....lol

Honestly no I do not and I have asked around and nobody knows so please enlighten me PiratesLife.

Vidor 24

PN-G 17

If we don't....

PN-G  38

Vidor  14

Honestly no I do not and I have asked around and nobody knows so please enlighten me PiratesLife.

This is honestly funny. I'm from little ol Sour Lake Texas and I know who Chris ( cool as a cucumber) Comeaux is!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83