What do we know after the second district game?

Foyce

Beaumont Central (3-1) (2-0)

Nederland (2-1) (2-0)

Livingston (1-2) (1-1)

Lumberton (3-1) (1-1)

Port Neches-Groves (3-1) (1-1)

Vidor (3-1) (1-1)

Beaumont Ozen (0-4) (0-2)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville (0-3) (0-2)

What do we know after the second District game?

Central is good, no doubt! That was for you Soul man...

Nederland is a scoring machine (at least against the Indians)

Livingston is still questionable!

Lumberton was "way" over rating themselves (along with no one else ;D)

PNG is not as strong as some of us thought.

Vidor is Tough as a $2 steak (I really like that one)

Ozen is about to be 0-3 in district (I couldn't resist ;))

And LCM is hopefully looking forward to better times in the near future (but not this week)

Comments?

Beaumont Central (3-1) (2-0)

Nederland (2-1) (2-0)

Livingston (1-2) (1-1)

Lumberton (3-1) (1-1)

Port Neches-Groves (3-1) (1-1)

Vidor (3-1) (1-1)

Beaumont Ozen (0-4) (0-2)

Little Cypress-Mauriceville (0-3) (0-2)

What do we know after the second District game?

Central is good, no doubt! That was for you Soul man...

Nederland is a scoring machine (at least against the Indians)

Livingston is still questionable!

Lumberton was "way" over rating themselves (along with no one else ;D)

PNG is not as strong as some of us thought.

Vidor is Tough as a $2 steak (I really like that one)

Ozen is about to be 0-3 in district (I couldn't resist ;))

And LCM is hopefully looking forward to better times in the near future (but not this week)

Comments?

;D ;D ;D ;D

Guest LR1969

Pirate for Life...I can agree somewhat with your analysis but... The whole "hating" on Lumberton bit is getting out of hand isn't it? I mean, how can anyone say Lumberton is way over rated just because they lost to a team that (according to you) is as tough as a $2 steak? I mean, if Vidor beats someone, does that automatically mean that the team "sucked"? Couldn't it just as easily be argued that Lumberton is a good football team but, it just so happens, Vidor stuck it to 'em. It really doesn't say much for Vidor to have beaten a bunch of momma's boys does it? I actually have my reservations about Lumberton making it back to the playoffs but I feel that, with a few good breaks, it can happen. Anyway, not trying to rekindle the Vidor/Lumberton argument but I had to reply. I realize there has been some definite "trash" coming from Lumberton over the past year but don't hate us all brother.

My analysis.

Central may be good but we really can't say for sure yet...What have they done? They beat a Memorial team that barely beat Ozen and was spanked by the Woodlands. They got the crap beat out of them by WB, slipped by Vidor by one point and crushed LC-M (who has been crushed by everyone this season).

Nederland kicked PN-G's butt but also got whipped by WO-S pretty good and slipped by Ozen.

Livingston is still questionable...I'll agree here but I have to add that it's strange that the Lions are "questionable" but the Raiders (who stuffed the Lions 37-16) are over-rated. Is Vidor such a weak opponent that a loss to them has sent the Raiders to the cellar?

Lumberton lost to Vidor but beat Livingston handidly, and held a couple of "not so strong" teams (HF/Barbers Hill) to 7 points each (the Eagles scored 14 on PN-G).

PN-G (aside from the loss to Nederland) is holding its own. The season is young.

Vidor has beaten Kelly and Saint Thomas and Lumberton. The only reason Vidor is being viewed as "tough as a $2 steak" is because of the victory over Lumberton. Were it not for that win, no one would be talking about Vidor at all. Maybe Vidor and Lumberton both suck! Who knows?

Ozen..I agree.

LC-M..I agree.

Basically, I see Central/Nederland/PN-G/Vidor/Lumberton vying for four spots. It's anyone's guess who will be left out. The one thing I will give to Nederland/PN-G is the intimidation factor. Lumberton is still at the point where they view Nederland/PN-G as the wall between them and the playoffs. This is just enough to kill their confidence. Central has always been wishy-washy (they remind me of Texas Tech...win a big game then lose to a nobody). Vidor, from my perspective, wins over Lumberton in the intimidation factor because I don't believe the Pirates are ever really intimidated. They may be underdogs but they aren't about to roll over for anyone.

The only win so far by this entire district that I can say "impressed" me was Nederland over PN-G and that may be suspect, depending on how the Indians play out. It's a toss up!

Sorry so long but...

Good Post LR1969 - You're right about the toss up for the four spots.  I haven't seen any team that appears to be poised to walk away with the district title.  Nederland obviously looked strong against PNG, but I don't think anyone is ready to crown them district champs.  Bottom line is that after two weeks, all that is certain is there is still a whole lot of football to be played.

Pirate for Life...I can agree somewhat with your analysis but... The whole "hating" on Lumberton bit is getting out of hand isn't it? I mean, how can anyone say Lumberton is way over rated just because they lost to a team that (according to you) is as tough as a $2 steak? I mean, if Vidor beats someone, does that automatically mean that the team "sucked"? Couldn't it just as easily be argued that Lumberton is a good football team but, it just so happens, Vidor stuck it to 'em. It really doesn't say much for Vidor to have beaten a bunch of momma's boys does it? I actually have my reservations about Lumberton making it back to the playoffs but I feel that, with a few good breaks, it can happen. Anyway, not trying to rekindle the Vidor/Lumberton argument but I had to reply. I realize there has been some definite "trash" coming from Lumberton over the past year but don't hate us all brother.

My analysis.

Central may be good but we really can't say for sure yet...What have they done? They beat a Memorial team that barely beat Ozen and was spanked by the Woodlands. They got the crap beat out of them by WB, slipped by Vidor by one point and crushed LC-M (who has been crushed by everyone this season).

Nederland kicked PN-G's butt but also got whipped by WO-S pretty good and slipped by Ozen.

Livingston is still questionable...I'll agree here but I have to add that it's strange that the Lions are "questionable" but the Raiders (who stuffed the Lions 37-16) are over-rated. Is Vidor such a weak opponent that a loss to them has sent the Raiders to the cellar?

Lumberton lost to Vidor but beat Livingston handidly, and held a couple of "not so strong" teams (HF/Barbers Hill) to 7 points each (the Eagles scored 14 on PN-G).

PN-G (aside from the loss to Nederland) is holding its own. The season is young.

Vidor has beaten Kelly and Saint Thomas and Lumberton. The only reason Vidor is being viewed as "tough as a $2 steak" is because of the victory over Lumberton. Were it not for that win, no one would be talking about Vidor at all. Maybe Vidor and Lumberton both suck! Who knows?

Ozen..I agree.

LC-M..I agree.

Basically, I see Central/Nederland/PN-G/Vidor/Lumberton vying for four spots. It's anyone's guess who will be left out. The one thing I will give to Nederland/PN-G is the intimidation factor. Lumberton is still at the point where they view Nederland/PN-G as the wall between them and the playoffs. This is just enough to kill their confidence. Central has always been wishy-washy (they remind me of Texas Tech...win a big game then lose to a nobody). Vidor, from my perspective, wins over Lumberton in the intimidation factor because I don't believe the Pirates are ever really intimidated. They may be underdogs but they aren't about to roll over for anyone.

The only win so far by this entire district that I can say "impressed" me was Nederland over PN-G and that may be suspect, depending on how the Indians play out. It's a toss up!

Sorry so long but...

OK LR lighten up a little. I in no way am a Lumberton Hater! This post is just an attempt to make a few predictions that are basically guesses at this point because it is still way to early. I am really glad we beat you guys, but in this district you can't take anyone for granted. Vidor has had a long run of not having much success in football and it is great to bask in the recent success, that all of us Pirate fans hope will continue not only through this season, but for many years to come. I don't believe the L Train has won their last game this year. Actually I think they could very well be in the playoff mix, and as long as they are under the Pirates I am fine with that! ;D

My analysis.

Ozen..I agree.

LC-M..I agree.

Sorry so long but...

i almost completely agree here

lumberton is a good team, but so is vidor

central is for real

and i dont evfen know about livingston man, picking their games would be my worst nightmare every day

and no, vidor is never intimidated by anybody

great post

karma 4 u

Central, Nederland and Vidor are looking like the best teams in 20-4a

Lumberton and PNG will fight for the fourth spot. 

Nederland has a much better running game than anticipated.

Nederlands secondary needs a lot of work.

LCM needs change

Lastly, Nederland did not slip by Ozen, Nederland beat them up and down the field. If you would have been at the game you would know that.

Central, Nederland and Vidor are looking like the best teams in 20-4a

Lumberton and PNG will fight for the fourth spot. 

Nederland has a much better running game than anticipated.

Nederlands secondary needs a lot of work.

LCM needs change

Lastly, Nederland did not slip by Ozen, Nederland beat them up and down the field. If you would have been at the game you would know that.

I agree with that! You are right on! 8)

Guest LR1969

dme1111...I'll give you the one about "not being there"...Unfortunately, it's hard to make every game. I could actually say the same thing for Lumberton against Livingston. Although the final score was 37-16, it was actually 37-7 when the starters came out in the 3rd quarter. And, I don't mean to slight the Bulldogs at all...As I said, they are really the only team that has impressed me at all in 20-4A this year. I have always felt that 20-4A was among the toughest (if not the toughest) district in the state. I just don't see that this year. I don't have a crystal ball and I may be wrong but it seems to me that we are all getting a little over-hyped right now. In other words, it's "much ado about nothing." That's cool though. That's what it's all about...

Pirate for Life...Sorry about the "hater" label but a lot of the Lumberton "trash talk" stems from the same situation ( a lot of losing seasons). It's our time to talk a little to. Unfortunately, it's rubbed some folks the wrong way so they like to lash out at Raider fans. And, hey, I spent my formative years in Vidor (should I say that (ha)) so I support the Pirates to...Just not when they're playing Lumberton.

dawgnut...

That's cool...We have a number 2 as well..Just add a 4 behind it...It'll be fun watching the two of them go head to head.

Good Luck everybody! No matter what, I will root for the 20-4A representative once the playoffs start. We can dish on each other for the first 10 weeks but, after that, it's all about Southeast Texas.

I don't see anyone going undefeated in this district. Nederland and Central are the obvious possibilities but one of them will beat the other and Vidor, Lumberton, and even Livingston may have a surprise for the other. Nederland was flawless against PNG. PNG shot themselves in the foot several times at key points from a momentum standpoint. It is always possible for high school players to fall apart on any given night and the end result is a better team on paper loses to a lesser team. The potential for upsets in this district is one of the things that makes it such a fun district to watch.

I don't think any team in this district has an answer for Nederland. Thefore:

Nederland 6-0 (district record)

PNG

Central

Vidor

The only thing that worries me about this is the fact that Central is traditionally soooo unpredictable.

i truly believe that central will pull through against nederland, call it gut instinct, but i think it will be central sittin on top of 20-4a this year

I don't think any team in this district has an answer for Nederland. Thefore:

Nederland 6-0 (district record)

PNG

Central

Vidor

The only thing that worries me about this is the fact that Central is traditionally soooo unpredictable.

i truly believe that central will pull through against nederland, call it gut instinct, but i think it will be central sittin on top of 20-4a this year

That doesn't seem that far fetched. Central has had Nederland's number a couple of times in the past when I thought Nederland would have won. It seems like they save their best game of the year for the Bulldogs.

Central is still a work in progress....sure you want to go undefeated but, I can tell you this...the Jags want to be rolling by the time playoffs start!  If the offense continues to progress then things will be fine...if not expect close Defensive games against quality teams!  Again, I STRESS....the Jags will overlook NO ONE...but they do have goals in mind! 8)

I don't see Nederland going 6-0.  Nederland always struggles with Central.  I feel Central will come out on top...I believe the game will be played at Central as well, which will only add to the Jags momentum.  Just don't see Nederland beating Central this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami