Texpreps 21-3A prediction

Cat22

Who all does HJ have back this year?

Also how big of a turnaround will WOS have this season with Orebo back?

HJ lost Bernsen and Breeden.They return the 2 post players along with LaLa,Jamie and the Sutherland girl.They will be solid in the starting lineup but I don't know anything abouth there depth.That will be the key to how far they go this year but they always seem to have some young kids step up and give them some minutes.They should be strong on the boards and they will definitely have 3 girls that can shoot it from the perimeter.

I think WOS will struggle regardless of who coaches them.They lost a ton of talent since Orebo was at the reigns last time.

Remember, HF has young talent that entered into high school this year.  My guess is HF will at least be in the top 3. 

You also need to remember that the current sophomore class was undefeated and dominant as an eighth grade class. This freshman class didn't get to experience the frustration of their predecessors. Let's hope that the new coach has a different attitude toward the sub-varsity level. If so, HF will be extremely competitive for the next few years.

Guest bleed orange

Remember, HF has young talent that entered into high school this year.  My guess is HF will at least be in the top 3. 

You also need to remember that the current sophomore class was undefeated and dominant as an eighth grade class. This freshman class didn't get to experience the frustration of their predecessors. Let's hope that the new coach has a different attitude toward the sub-varsity level. If so, HF will be extremely competitive for the next few years.

HF has always had talent but until they put basketball first instead of "volleyball" during basketball season, they will be average at best. I can promise you that kids are playing volleyball during basketball season. Until that stops nothing will change. I am not saying do not play volleyball just not during basketball. When my daughter was in Junior High HF beat us every time. Not on the varsity level. (Basketball) Different story.

I do remember the current sophomore girls playing and I do agree with you that HF will be extremely competitive the next few years.  Hopefully, the girls will overcome the past coaching complications through the sub-levels. 

HF has always had talent but until they put basketball first instead of "volleyball" during basketball season, they will be average at best. I can promise you that kids are playing volleyball during basketball season. Until that stops nothing will change. I am not saying do not play volleyball just not during basketball. When my daughter was in Junior High HF beat us every time. Not on the varsity level. (Basketball) Different story.

I agree with you regarding focusing on one sport at a time per season.  HF is big in volleyball, but they are big in basketball too.  I have seen some conflicts regarding school ball and select leagues and I do not personally like it.  I am sure HF is not the only school experiencing that.  In my opinion, young adults should focus on one sport at a time, so they can excel to the best of their ability.  If you are going to play more than one sport during a season, make sure 100% is given to both.             

Guest bleed orange

I agree with you regarding focusing on one sport at a time per season.  HF is big in volleyball, but they are big in basketball too.  I have seen some conflicts regarding school ball and select leagues and I do not personally like it.  I am sure HF is not the only school experiencing that.  In my opinion, young adults should focus on one sport at a time, so they can excel to the best of their ability.  If you are going to play more than one sport during a season, make sure 100% is given to both.             

I agree with what you said angelfire. The only reason I said what I did was because last year when HF played Orangefield at home, right after the game a bunch of the girls and parents frome HF loaded up and drove to Dallas for a volleyball tournament. That is good for volleyball and that is why you guy's go to the play-offs every year. Not so good for basketball. I want our kids to be good at everything. We are taking steps in volleyball and softball. It will take time but we are getting there. But if one takes away from another I am against it 100%

I think ya'll are overlooking Silsbee. Silsbee has a move in last year and she's a threat to anyone who guard her. Silsbee has players playing this year that didn't get a chance to play last year but will be a factor on the court for this year. They have defense and speed on their side. Probably will be one of the fastest fast break team in the area this year.

I agree with what you said angelfire. The only reason I said what I did was because last year when HF played Orangefield at home, right after the game a bunch of the girls and parents frome HF loaded up and drove to Dallas for a volleyball tournament. That is good for volleyball and that is why you guy's go to the play-offs every year. Not so good for basketball. I want our kids to be good at everything. We are taking steps in volleyball and softball. It will take time but we are getting there. But if one takes away from another I am against it 100%

I am with you.  I want our kids to be good at everything too.  Can't only blame the kids with pushing too hard, parents play a role as well.  Some parents do not know when to quit.  I wouldn't drive to Dallas after a b-ball game!  Crazy!

To answer your question Bobcat, HJ has five vasity players returning that spent time on the court

1. Moore (Senior)

2. Sutherland (Senior)

3. King (Senior)

4. Hall (Senior)

5. Fontenot (Junior)

These starting five are very comfortable together and have played together sucessfully for a long period of time. There are a few JV players  that have improved and will deepen HJ's bench. HJ will be OK.

Guest tigersvoice

I say Hf goes for third

HF and Silsbee make me nervous.  This year is going to be even better than last year and I can NOT wait!  ;D

Unfortunately, the injury bug really got Hamshire-Fannett this year.  Silsbee wins tonight and Hamshire-Fannett goes on the list to wait for next year.  It is Wo-S, Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson advancing for the 2008 season.

I say Hf goes for third

HF and Silsbee make me nervous.  This year is going to be even better than last year and I can NOT wait!  ;D

Unfortunately, the injury bug really got Hamshire-Fannett this year.  Silsbee wins tonight and Hamshire-Fannett goes on the list to wait for next year.  It is Wo-S, Silsbee and Hardin-Jefferson advancing for the 2008 season.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)

I say Hf goes for third

I think tigersvoice thought this was the football forum!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086