HIGH ISLAND VS BURKEVILLE

eaba26

A big game for the Cardinals, would be an understatement.  "A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH" is a Motto that seems to have drawn these young men together since Ike destroyed the Bolivar Peninsula.  To look into the eyes of each young man and know what their families are going through, lets me know that they have a common goal for the Fighting Cardinals.  Their goal is to shake up District 23A and make a run in the Playoffs.  All of the young men that began Two-A-Days back in August have a fighting desire to get back on the Grid Iron and make every team in District 23A feel uneasy about the outcome.  Although not every member of the Fighting Cardinal Football Team will be coming back this year, they will still be considered a part of 2008 Cardinal Team.  Seeing these young men lift each other up and help put the pieces of their lives back together, gives you a feeling of pride that can not be explained and only understandable by those in other Communities & School Districts along the Gulf Coast.  Great things are in store for these young men and they know that as a TEAM, they are "A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH"

I am very proud to be "The Cardinal Fan"

Go CARDINALS!!!

A big game for the Cardinals, would be an understatement.  "A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH" is a Motto that seems to have drawn these young men together since Ike destroyed the Bolivar Peninsula.  To look into the eyes of each young man and know what their families are going through, lets me know that they have a common goal for the Fighting Cardinals.  Their goal is to shake up District 23A and make a run the Playoffs.  All of the young men that began Two-A-Days back in August have a fighting desire to get back on the Grid Iron and make every team in District 23A feel uneasy about the outcome.  Although not every member of the Fighting Cardinal Football Team will be coming back this year, they will still be considered a part of 2008 Cardinal Team.  Seeing these young men lift each other up and help put the pieces of their lives back together, gives you a feeling of pride that can not be explained and only understandable by those in other Communities & School Districts along the Gulf Coast.  Great things are in store for these young men and they know that as a TEAM, they are "A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH"

I am very proud to be "The Cardinal Fan"

Go CARDINALS!!!

Well said, and good luck to the High Island Cardinals.

Through all of the turmoil and craziness of the past month, High Island will host a few special guests at our Pep-Rally on Friday.  The Director of UIL and NIKE will be in High Island for some special presentations.  KFDM Channel 6 will be there as well.  The Fighting Cardinals are ready to beat the Burkeville Mustangs for the first time since Burkeville moved into the 1A ranks in 1986.  This game may not mean much to the rest of SETX, but I know 24 young men, Coaches and Fans who are taking it very seriously.

Go Cardinals!!!

"The Cardinal Fan"

High Island will be missing 5 guys from the team.  We wish them well at their new schools.  As for the game its going to be a long day for the Mustangs.  The Cards are finally healthy and will corral the mustangs. 

High Island 35

Burkeville  6

Burkeville 28

High Island 6

Theres no way that High Island can beat Burkeville.  They couldn't have beat them before the storm.  Burkeville's running game is to strong for the Cards.

Well JacketDAD what you dont know is that the Cardinals is a completely different team since the storm hit. since we have been back and practicing everyone has new life for the team and is ready to shake up the district. HI isnt some push over team like we use to be we are here to play and play HARD!! so tighten up the chin straps because the cardinals are coming to play!!!

To the Fighting Cardinal Football Team,

I commend you for committing yourself to the TEAM and making the sacrifices that it will take to finish the season.  There are those who think the Cardinals are just riding on emotion and will not be able to contend in District play.  You must remember in your hearts that there are more people in SE Texas who are behind you more now than ever before.  Each one of you has experienced emotions during Ike that are still building up inside of you.  Emotions, when bridled by discipline; can be a powerful force that will enable you to overcome any adversity that you may encounter in battle. 

“Pride is an emotion which can refer to a strong sense of self-esteem or self-respect. Look in the mirror what do you see-if you do not have self-esteem where are you heading this day. Along this same line we look at self-respect to which one must possess to endure each day as without self-respect for ones self there is no respect for others either.

Self-esteem encompasses such beliefs as "I am competent" I can complete this accomplishment and with great pride I have completed that accomplishment.

Self-respect, like self-esteem, is an emotion of Pride which refers to a strong sense of joy in the accomplishment of one's self or a person or group.â€

W. G. Pride

I challenge you to focus on the task at hand and embrace each other as a family, a band of brothers who will stand side by side on the field of battle and resolve to accept nothing but VICTORY.  As a band of brothers, you will be "A Force to Be Reckoned With".

GO Cardinals!!!

Sincerely,

“The Cardinal Fanâ€

Mr. George you should write for a living.  The Cardinals will win this game in a walk.  The core of that team could play at a number of larger schools in the area I can promise you that.  Look for High Island to be a big surprise to the entire district.  If they would have stayed at the school they were at they would have played quality snaps.  They are fine young men and  I wish these young men all the best.

GATA from the first snap to the last.

Thank you playdefense.  It is easy to write about what you are passionate about.  The young men you spoke of will enjoy reading comments.  The Cardinals will play their next two home games on Saturday afternoon.  Maybe we could both get lucky and you could come see the Fighting Cardinals in Battle.

I appreciate your kind words of encouragement.

Go CARDINALS!!!

Friends and Family of High Island ISD,

Official Update on Pep Rally Friday, Oct. 10 beginning 2:00pm in High Island School Gym.  Charles Breithaupt, Director of U.I.L. and the Regional Nike Sporting Goods Company Representative will make a presentation to the High Island Athletic Department of new athletic uniforms.  This community Pep Rally is also being covered by the local and regional T.V. and media outlets.

Everyone come out and support the High Island Cardinals and the Pride and Spirit of Cardinal Country.

Go CARDINALS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed