*PN-G vs. Nederland Updates/NED WINS MID COUNTY MADNESS*

Nederland played a great "Team" game.  Asa only had a couple of catches, but had a bunch of nice blocks down field and a key one that allowed #5 (Jude) to get free on the 75 yard touchdown.  Grogan not only ran well, but was picking up blocks for Kirby all night.  Again a key block on the blitz for Jude's 2nd Touchdown.  Awsome play calling on the part of Nederlands coaches, both offense and defense.  Defense did a good job for the most part of not allowing PNG's running backs to get outside and get big yards.  Alot of people will bring up the muffed punt, but there was plenty of time to overcome that mistake, PNG just was outmatched on all fronts last night.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel just the opposite of some posters.  i thought PNG could have run inside all night.  The coach panicked too early and went to the passing game.  PNG defense is weak but  they could have held onto the ball and played keep away.  I think they were outcoached.

Westend1, we're talking about the Ned / PNG game on this thread, you may be lost... or smokin something.  You got the outcoached part right, but this was a shootout written all over it and Nederland had 9 in the box just about all night.  Don't care how good you are it's tough to run in side on that kind of traffic.

I feel just the opposite of some posters.  i thought PNG could have run inside all night.  The coach panicked too early and went to the passing game.  PNG defense is weak but  they could have held onto the ball and played keep away.   I think they were outcoached.

I don't know about being in a panic but PNG looks like they have a strong passing game. I think they should have gone to is sooner. That is not their tradition of student body right or left and ball control but I think they need to be passing more often. I think PNG has the people to pull it off.

Penny

I was at the game.  How many yards per carry did the PNG backs have?  I don't know if they could win but I believe thay could have stayed in it if they had run in inside. 

ps-- Neither team is very good.  Get jacked up if you want but I saw two small, slow teams.

Penny

I was at the game.  How many yards per carry did the PNG backs have?  I don't know if they could win but I believe thay could have stayed in it if they had run in inside. 

ps-- Neither team is very good.  Get jacked up if you want but I saw two small, slow teams.

This is a fan of a team who's RB runs 4.5's and 4.4's.  Everybody is slow to him.  ;D ;D

Penny

This is a fan of a team who's RB runs 4.5's and 4.4's.  Everybody is slow to him.   ;D ;D

I never thought Central looked slow.  Just small.        ;)

I feel just the opposite of some posters.  i thought PNG could have run inside all night.  The coach panicked too early and went to the passing game.  PNG defense is weak but  they could have held onto the ball and played keep away.   I think they were outcoached.

I don't know about being in a panic but PNG looks like they have a strong passing game. I think they should have gone to is sooner. That is not their tradition of student body right or left and ball control but I think they need to be passing more often. I think PNG has the people to pull it off.

You are absolutely correct tvc. Should be spreading the field some early in games to allow for those wider running lanes. You cant over power teams in the playoffs. PNG's best team in the past 30 years (1999) spread teh field out and was very balanced and scored at will. This team has the talent to do the same with Tatum at QB and DeRon, Segura and Ceigelski at WR, two good TE's, a good line and two good backs! Drives us PNG fans insane that everyone sees it but the guy calling the shots. It will be interesting to see if Matt learned anything from this loss. Or if whatever his OC and QB coach where arguing with him about sank in??

I have to disagree badndn about your philosophy when you have a bad defense.  I think that is when you most want to control the ball on offense and not take chances and waiste downs on deep balls.  Your trying to keep your defense off the field and not get into shoot-outs, right? The offense did complete some nice passes when you had the oppertunity to have balance playcalling, but penalties and too many negative plays kept them in obvious passing downs.

Something I think that is funny is that how last year PNG fans defended Burnett when he won the Coach of the year (though Crueder should of won I thought), and now after 1 loss this season, he makes too many mistakes and doesnt open the field enough, eventhough he tried to last year and was getting blown out. 

Penny

This is a fan of a team who's RB runs 4.5's and 4.4's.  Everybody is slow to him.   ;D ;D

It really does not matter what your 40 speed is when it takes 4-5 defensive players to bring you down 95% of the time... Sometimes speed is not the most important thing. When you tie in what looks to finally be a legitamately solid high school level offensive line that spells L-O-T-S  O-F  R-U-S-H-I-N-G  Y-A-R-D-S.

I saw some of the short downs for a first and thought now i miss Hemmings no matter how many were in the box he was going to get the first, now dont take me wrong Wright and Harmon are good but Hemmings was a hoss amd just brute force, I was wondering early in the game why when Tatum was hot they were not throwing more, but i guess hard headed MB was gonna stick with the "bread and butter" which was not working

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83