Jasper 14 Silsbee 0 Final/Comments

The 71st meeting between the Jasper Bulldogs and the Silsbee Tigers will take place tonight at Tiger Stadium. This great, traditional and friendly rivalry should be a dandy to see, Setxsports.com Can't Miss Game. You can hear it LIVE, tonight here on the site with the voices of Tiger Football, play-by-play announcer Mike Sanchez(AggiesAreWe) and color commentator Wayne Brasher(Tigersvoice). Pregame is set for 7pm, with kickoff at 7:30pm.

C'mon out to Silsbee tonight and watch this fantastic matchup or tune in here on the site for all the play-by-play action.

Jasper's offense shows flashes of greatness. But, still way too much inconsistency. The defense is progressively improving.

They look like a team that has had their schedule disrupted by two hurricanes.

Yep, I agree that has to be a factor.

Jasper's offense shows flashes of greatness. But, still way too much inconsistency. The defense is progressively improving.

Looked like a team that needs a whole new offensive scheme to me.  We are too predictable on offense.  From what I saw we should be throwing the ball way more than we do if we stay in this offense.  I wouldn't mind seeing some power I or veer from these boys.

Looked like a team that needs a whole new offensive scheme to me.  We are too predictable on offense.  From what I saw we should be throwing the ball way more than we do if we stay in this offense.  I wouldn't mind seeing some power I or veer from these boys.

the O will come along  8)

how do you go from you need to throw to you need to run the power I......if you have followed thier games ....the offense has not been the problem....

Good win, by the dawgs these kids needed this win, the high points of the game belongs to the sophomore stud  runningback Armstrong, and Spikes the slot receiver, other teams are keying on BAILEY this year, and the Offensive Coordinator has to realized this and try to spread the ball around. Bailey will get his  yards but in order to win, lets put the ball into your other playmakers hands. Again good win, lets get ready to play a tough Diboll team.

how do you go from you need to throw to you need to run the power I......if you have followed thier games ....the offense has not been the problem....

Good point the O has benn putting up the points but the D has given up alot of points as well but the D is getting better real fast GOOD JOBS DOGS LETS KEEP IT GOING.

because i said IF we stay in the current offense we should pass more.  and then stated i would like us to run something beside the spread.  it is the first game i have seen this year and perhaps we are still working out the kinks or Silsbee may just have a very good rush defense.

well I do follow them and I know that between not catching the ball, fumbles, and missed blocking assignments, and pentalties.  Two of the three games could have been won.  I know that our offencive line is not a big and quick as last year, whch makes the passing game all that more important in order to spread out the defence in order to get Bailey and Armstrong some running lanes.  If teams don't respect our passing then the running game will continue to be plugged.

Guest Orangeboy

Silsbee shot themselves in the foot several times. After blocking a punt and setting themselves up at the Jasper 3 you've got to get some points on the board.

Here is the boxscore for the game:

1 2 3 4 OT Total

Jasper 0 7 0 7 0 14

Silsbee 0 0 0 0 0 0

Scoring summary

JAS -- Ben Armstrong 12-yard run (Juan Mijarez kick), 7:17, 2nd.

JAS -- Dustin Reynolds 5-yard pass to Dominique Bailey (Juan Mijarez kick), 7:10, 4th.

Game Notables and Highlights

Team Stats

Jasper Silsbee

Total yards 277 128

First downs 14 9

Rushes/Yds 40/171 24/17

Average rush 4.28 0.71

Comp/Atts 8/12 11/22

Pass yards 106 111

Comp pct 66.67 50

Punts 3 3

Punting Yards 82 121

Punting Average 27.33 40.33

Fumbles/Lost 2/1 3/0

Penalties-yards 3-40 6-38

Jasper

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Dominique Bailey 8 12 66.67 106 1 0

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

William Ellis 9 60 6.67 0 0

Kwame Spikes 1 5 5 0 0

Dominique Bailey 12 19 1.58 0 0

Ben Armstrong 15 76 5.07 0 1

DeAnthony Limbrick 3 11 3.67 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Kwame Spikes 3 74 24.67 0 0

Ryan Bronson 1 5 5 0 0

Darren Beavers 2 27 13.5 0 0

Ben Armstrong 1 -5 -5 0 0

Dustin Reynolds 1 5 5 0 1

Silsbee

Passing

Name Comp Att Pct Yds TD INT

Jeremy Johnson 11 22 50 111 0 1

Rushing

Name Att Yds Yds/Att Long TD

Jeremy Johnson 15 7 0.47 0 0

Chris Barnes 8 11 1.38 0 0

Rakheem Bolton 1 -1 -1 0 0

Receiving

Name Rec Yds Yds/Catch Long TD

Chris Rountree 5 60 12 0 0

Shannon Robinson 2 16 8 0 0

Pheal Hill 1 26 26 0 0

Leroy Simmons 1 3 3 0 0

Chase Kelly 1 -4 -4 0 0

Prentice Lane 1 10 10 0 0

This was Silsbee's worst and best game. This was by far their best defensive effort and their worst offensive output. The Tiger defense did their job, hats off to these guys. They were on the field way more than they should have been. The Tiger offense was at it's worst last night. As you can see by the stats, their rushing yards were very bad. You can attribute that to the many bad snaps that Johnson had to deal with last night. Silsbee had 4 go completely over Johnson's head and at least 7-8 that ran along the ground at Jeremy's feet. All these contributed to several losses of yardage which went against Jeremy's rushing stats. The one when the Tigers were at the Bulldogs's 3 yard line really hurt, ended up being a loss of 25 yards, Silsbee squandered a great scoring opportunity. Silsbee had about 15 rushes that went for negative yards, 12 of those due to the snaps, all coming at critical times. Silsbee would put together several good plays but then shoot themselves in the foot with either a bad snap or a ill timely penalty. It was just way too many mistakes on the Tiger's part that kept their offense from getting any kind of rhythm going. The passing game was a little off, as Jeremy over threw or threw behind his receivers and the Tiger receivers dropped a few. The Tiger o-line protected Johnson very well, but the timing was definitely off. The Jasper secondary had something to do with that along with the frustration that the Tiger's were experiencing from their own mistakes. All in all, a very poor performance from the Silsbee offense.

I very rarely discredit a team for winning a game, but in this case, this was more of Silsbee losing the game and Jasper being the beneficiary. Tough, tough loss.

Both offenses are much better than how they played.  This was the first game that Jasper's defense seem to have gas in their tanks at the end of the game.  Silsbee has a tremendous weapon in their qb, but when his receivers weren't catching the ball he was throwing it behind or over them.  They were just out of sync it seems.  Both rush defenses really stuffed the wholes.  Both secondaries had receivers running free quite often.  Bailey made some very sharp passes, and Spikes has great hands.  Jasper had an easy 1st and goal that went right between Stubblefields hands that should of lead to point as well.  I bet we see better games from each team next week.

Both offenses are much better than how they played.  This was the first game that Jasper's defense seem to have gas in their tanks at the end of the game.  Silsbee has a tremendous weapon in their qb, but when his receivers weren't catching the ball he was throwing it behind or over them.  They were just out of sync it seems.  Both rush defenses really stuffed the wholes.  Both secondaries had receivers running free quite often.  Bailey made some very sharp passes, and Spikes has great hands.  Jasper had an easy 1st and goal that went right between Stubblefields hands that should of lead to point as well.  I bet we see better games from each team next week.

I agree with that last statement. Only thing, Jasper will probably win their game, I don't see my Tigers winning their's.

I won't be shocked if the Bulldogs go down to Diboll, the Lumberjacks are good.

I agree with that last statement. Only thing, Jasper will probably win their game, I don't see my Tigers winning their's.

I won't be shocked if the Bulldogs go down to Diboll, the Lumberjacks are good.

I think you are wrong, the Diboll game will be Jaspers breakout game.....Jaspers offense is set up to take advantage of what the defense gives them.....I think you will see a more balanced attack next week....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed