Texas Windstorm Insurance?

I am the president of my housing association, and we are insured through Texas Windstorm.  We haven't had an adjuster come out yet, but I've heard from someone else that they wouldn't pay for them to fix their fence, and wouldn't clear any trees out of their yard.  Has anybody had any trouble with them?  What exactly do they cover?

I am the president of my housing association, and we are insured through Texas Windstorm.  We haven't had an adjuster come out yet, but I've heard from someone else that they wouldn't pay for them to fix their fence, and wouldn't clear any trees out of their yard.  Has anybody had any trouble with them?  What exactly do they cover?

Bullets,

My ex in Barbers Hill was told the exact same thing by Texas windstorm.....She was to speak with Allstate adjuster today and try to figure out another route. I'm with you...not sure what windstorm covers if not a fence. I'll update you when I hear something later today.

Bullets,

My ex in Barbers Hill was told the exact same thing by Texas windstorm.....She was to speak with Allstate adjuster today and try to figure out another route. I'm with you...not sure what windstorm covers if not a fence. I'll update you when I hear something later today.

Still waiting on Texas Windstorm....it's been two weeks after talking w/ insurance adjuster. I have heard from a roofing company that Texas Windstorm did in fact pay for two jobs that they did. So who knows....it would be nice to be able to talk with them.  >:( >:(

Your insurance agent can't help you?

Actually, this is my ex-wife's scenario but Allstate quit paying for fence damage in the area where they are at last year. Like health insurance, it works great until you get sick.  ;)

As an insurance agent, you must not have the right person taking care of you!  ;D

Actually, this is my ex-wife's scenario but Allstate quit paying for fence damage in the area where they are at last year. Like health insurance, it works great until you get sick.  ;)

As an insurance agent, you must not have the right person taking care of you!  ;D

I kinda figured that when you asked your question.  ;) So, do you think that her Allstate agent ( even though not liable for the fence ) should act as a liason, for lack of a better word, between her and Texas windstorm ? That's what I would think. Appreciate your help.

I kinda figured that when you asked your question.  ;) So, do you think that her Allstate agent ( even though not liable for the fence ) should act as a liason, for lack of a better word, between her and Texas windstorm ? That's what I would think. Appreciate your help.

Absolutely, he/she should do anything they can to help. At the very least make an effort. They may or may not be able to do anything but they have to put in the effort. That, in my opinion is why we get our piece of the pie.

Absolutely, he/she should do anything they can to help. At the very least make an effort. They may or may not be able to do anything but they have to put in the effort. That, in my opinion is why we get our piece of the pie.

I agree. I will let her know. Thanks for your help. You wouldn't happen to be in the Barbers Hill area, would you ?  ;D

I agree. I will let her know. Thanks for your help. You wouldn't happen to be in the Barbers Hill area, would you ?  ;D

No, I'm in Orange. I don't mind speaking in general about insurance. That being said if it's not my policy, that's about all I can do. I don't want other people trying to explain my policies so I won't try to explain theirs.

I hope that helped.

No, I'm in Orange. I don't mind speaking in general about insurance. That being said if it's not my policy, that's about all I can do. I don't want other people trying to explain my policies so I won't try to explain theirs.

I hope that helped.

it did help and I appreciate it.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an insurance agent and is working claims for Texas Windstorm. Texas Windstorm will pay for the fence @ $25/linear foot. It will be depreciated, however. From what I hear in this area ( West Chambers County ) $18/19 per linear foot is the going rate for bids that I have heard about.....so you can recoup some of the depreciation there.

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is an insurance agent and is working claims for Texas Windstorm. Texas Windstorm will pay for the fence @ $25/linear foot. It will be depreciated, however. From what I hear in this area ( West Chambers County ) $18/19 per linear foot is the going rate for bids that I have heard about.....so you can recoup some of the depreciation there.

Usually fences are paid on actual cash value ACV instead of replacement cost which is what most homeowners have on everything else. There are plenty of policies that are not replacement cost but they are usually lower value and older dwellings.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder