Barbers Hill Falls

KFDM COOP

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught your sarcasm eagle07 and that it was great.

But your fellow eagle who started this thread posted something that got me boiling a bit...He said in the original post that BH was 0-3 and hadn't played anyone yet.

They lost to PNG (now 3-0 all on the road including a win over Crosby as well)

And they lost to Lumberton (now 3-0)

Both those teams whipped 19-4a last year in bi-district and Lumberton went to the third round after beating Lamarque and PNG lost in a game that was closer than the score (26-7) indicated to eventual state champs Lamar Consolidated and little Superman!

Dude,

It was a joke...sarcasm. I really don't believe any of the teams I mentioned qualify as 4A powerhouses.  

Ok "dude"you don't have to be so sour just because your team isn't doing so hot... ::)

I'm a baseball guy. Sure I pull for BH football, if they lose...not the end of the world for me.

Apologies, if I came across to harsh.

I caught your sarcasm eagle07 and that it was great.

But your fellow eagle who started this thread posted something that got me boiling a bit...He said in the original post that BH was 0-3 and hadn't played anyone yet.

They lost to PNG (now 3-0 all on the road including a win over Crosby as well)

And they lost to Lumberton (now 3-0)

Both those teams whipped 19-4a last year in bi-district and Lumberton went to the third round after beating Lamarque and PNG lost in a game that was closer than the score (26-7) indicated to eventual state champs Lamar Consolidated and little Superman!

Little Superman...That's good stuff. Kid is amazing isn't he ....all 5'8' of him ?

I agree with your point... If you are undefeated you should qualify as somebody.

Let me try and bring some perspective to the situation.  First off; all the teams we've played so far, are much faster than we are.  We've put in a new defense, and it's taking a while to get the kinks worked out.  I thought our defense, at times, played well Tue.  The only problem was, when King would get a step on us, we couldn't catch up, they just ran past us...I'm sorry but you can't coach speed.  If the kids missed their assignment, they just aren't fast enough to make any misstakes like being out of position.  Even though we gave up a lot of yards, for the most part it wasn't from sustained drives, it was big plays.  I thought at times we played great defense...and we have several starters out, and our bench just isn't deep enough.

Our offense during the first two games, was not clicking.  Tony didn't look comfortable and he threw way to many interceptions, and fumbled a few times.  Our line didn't look very good either, and caused him to rush his passes.  The other problem is WE HAVE NO RUNNING BACK!  Our O was better last year because of Little.  Now I think number 34, when he realizes that if he lowers his head and hits the hole at full speed, that he can gain 4 yards a carry, when he figures that out he will be good.  Right now he is just to young, remember he is a soph and as you can tell you can't expect him to carry the load...which is why Carmona runs so much.  Plus, that is the nature of the spread offense, the QB must be able to run.  I don't know what every one it talking about, saying we need to throw the ball, I think our passing yards surpassed our rushing quite a bit on Tue.  I thought our receivers did a great job.  Our offense was only about 100 yards less than Kings, 384 yards of offense is respectable...I think we had more first downs also. 

We all have to understand, the teams we have gone up against this year are better than the teams (with one or two exceptions) we've played in years past.  All our kids need is, a little confidence and it will make a new team out of them.  I know our kids are working hard, and I also know that our coaches are working hard.  I promise, there isn't another coaching staff that works any harder than ours does.  I don't agree with everything they do, but I know they want to win and work hard to make sure the kids are put in the best situation to give them that opportunity...what I mean by that is, putting them in the best alignment that plays to their ability.  I guarantee, if we had some of the other coaches, before Price took over, we would be getting beat like you can't imagine.  We could still have Greg Mc, what ever his name was, who never prepared for any game...his famous line when watching the other teams film was...their playing right into our hands, and that was the end of the preparation.

Come on Eagles!  You can get it together!

Goodlord what happened  ;D a couple of post and now we ar 4 pages deep ;D We can talk about this till we are blue in the face and some have very good points, but I'm ready for change (Not talking about Obama)! This offense just takes way too long to develope! If I was as DC going against BH I would send the house on every play. Kirbyville's coaching staff is the only one that i have seen that did that to BH and it was brutal!!! Folks that are talking about fair weather fans are crazy I've been a BH FAN for 30 years and have seen the good and the bad! Coach Price came and dug this program out of the gutter in 99 and i am very appreciative of that, but in coaching you don't get to hang out untill retirement. Perform or move on! I'll say again when you play week teams who cares if you are 40-0? Not I ::) I watched a 7th grade game the other night and it made me sick to watch the same old plays in 7th grade mode. best player was at the QB spot and ran all over the field, be time this kid is a senior he will barly be able to walk!!! I 'm just asking to get more people involved, let the QB call some plays at the line, speed up the tempo and when things arn't going well take some chances for Gods sake!! This is not a strategic game of Chess ITS FOOTBALL!!!!!

Oh and Horndog your Got Owned picture is awesome LOL

Goodluck BH take K Park out Saturday!!!

I have resisted posting on this but I guess I might as well join in.  As a former Eagle player (ok, 20+ yrs ago) and a huge fan, here is how I see it:

1.  We ain't used to losin' and its easy to lose perspective...losing sucks, especially when you are used to winning.

2.  The offensive "scheme" is proven and it works, but we don't have the number of exceptional athletes as we have had in past to be successful. 

3.  The team is young and it will be better next year, if your kid is a senior, that is not fun to hear

4.  We have no "impact" players...no Earl Thomas, no Jacoby Franks, no Mosely, no Jamal Charles.  And none on the horizon...get over it.

5.  The kids play their heart out, the coaches keep pushing what has been successful (and what will be sucessful again), and we will have a mediocre year at best. 

In the last game, we gave up 41 pts.  Changing the offense, putting in trick plays, etc., might be entertaining, but it isn't going change the fact that we don't have the speed, strength or depth needed to defend against a solid offense.  If we played 4 or 5 kids both ways, it MIGHT improve our chances the balance of the the year.

Year after year, Price has squeezed every last drop of athletecism out of what he was dealt and had success.  The fact is that we just haven't got the horses to to pull the wagon this year.

Eagle fan forever...RAIN or shine

Guest patriot117

So exactly how does your program qualify as a "powerhouse"?  I guess it's all those state championships in football the last 20 years.

Being "good" in a weak district only qualifies you for a first round playoff loss.

I don't know anything about the situation down there, but could it be that this years team doesn't have the overall talent that the teams of the past few years have had. There are very few schools who consistently win 8 or 9 games a year for more than a few years(WOS, Newton).

Guest OvertheHill2008

Get the ball to Carter Smith.  He is always one of the fastest kids on the field.

Or we can just move up the Superintendents Son (who isn't that good on J.V.) and save the coaches job.  Good call Price, I see you thinking ahead.

I agree with you BHEX86..... they need to shake things up!  Remember, last year (I think) when the coaches actually let the boys run one of "those plays from practice" during an actual game?  Guess what?  IT WORKED and they scored! OMG..... either grow some b..... or have a little more faith in the boys to allow them to try other things.  

I think it's embarrassing that the QB has more rushing yards than passing!  Did anyone notice in the Tuesday game that when he actually had time to pass the ball, or even run it, it ended up being sacked..... twice...for a loss of yardage!!!!  Coaches should have pulled him and put #12 in..... what would it have hurt??

Don't get me wrong, not trying to act like the coaches and lay blame on one kid, accusing them of losing the game.  I'm just saying, he's the QB, not the running back or receiver, he needs to start passing the ball or handing it off.  If the plays aren't happening, then change the QB or the RB, but do something different!!!!!   When the same ole thing isn't working, you have to shake things up!  

And another thing, I've been hearing that the coaches belittle the boys and tell them they're "losers" and "will never amount to anything", etc... If this is the case, and I hope it's not, how & why would you ever expect them to perform for you?   I know, from when I was in school, that the coaches are tough on the boys, but being tough is one thing, demeaning is another.

Can't wait until Saturday, let's see what they have in store for us.  Hopefully, they'll pull a few surprises out of their hats and a "W" to go with it!

I have a great idea why dont yall go and get a degree, teach, coach at junior high, move up to high school.  better yet move to another town, better yet produce better offspring, maybe your genetics is the problem

Are you a coach Texans?  BTW I have 2 degrees.

I as well have two degrees

Hey Texans....

First of all... to your first reply, I don't know who you've been talking to, but I've NEVER loved them.  May have thought highly of a few but most of them are no longer here, only a couple of them left.

And, what's wrong with getting on the coaches butts???? Seems they always want to blame the players and their lack of talent... what about the coaches????  Maybe they should do some coaching!!!

Secondly, maybe I should get ANOTHER degree and try coaching too!  I'm not a scientistic, but I don't think genetics are the problem.  We have a pretty good gene pool here in BH...........  it's the COACHES lack of faith in the boys...

Perhaps when I'm done coaching Jr High & High School, I'll just move on up and help your TEXANS out!

Lets see the same head coach and his philosophy wins 10 games 3 years ago and then cant win.  It is amazing that he became so dumb.  I wonder if he got in a car accident or something.  Poor coach Price.  You cant make chicken salad out of chicken ________

So exactly how does your program qualify as a "powerhouse"?  I guess it's all those state championships in football the last 20 years.

Being "good" in a weak district only qualifies you for a first round playoff loss.

:

Where exactly did you see BH called a powerhouse ?

Guest patriot117

Here I can answer your question.

The problem is we are not in that weak 3A district anymore with Tarkington, Liberty and Splendora.

That's why we had the winning seasons, and that's why they are gone.

Now we have to play 4A powerhouses such as CE King, Kingwood Park, Goose Creek Memorial, Crosby, GP and last year Forest Brook, Smiley, and New Caney.  ;)

Here I can answer your question.

The problem is we are not in that weak 3A district anymore with Tarkington, Liberty and Splendora.

That's why we had the winning seasons, and that's why they are gone.

Now we have to play 4A powerhouses such as CE King, Kingwood Park, Goose Creek Memorial, Crosby, GP and last year Forest Brook, Smiley, and New Caney.  ;)

I still don't see anything about Barbers Hill being a powerhouse.  ??? ??? ???

Guest patriot117

It is called a inference.  When you try to deride the level of competition with sarcasm, you infer that you are in some way superior to them.

It is called a inference.  When you try to deride the level of competition with sarcasm, you infer that you are in some way superior to them.

uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok ::)

Thanks for the help......and the moon is made of blue cheese.  ;)

Actually the sarcasm was directed at a BH colleague of mine who "theorized" that the wins are gone becuase we are no longer playing Tarkington, Liberty, and Splendora.

I think maybe you just had the targets of my inferred sarcasm wrong.  ??? ???

1. GCM is not supposed to be good, they know it and so does everyone else. It doesn't mean they don't have talent or that they won't be competitive in years to come. It takes time.

2. BH had a good first season in 4A, a middle of the road season last year, and Coach Price has done well with the players he has.

You have to remember a HS Coach doesn't get to pick his team, he has to build a team with what he's got. BH will be back and it isn't the Coaches fault that they are struggling. I never heard 1 complaint about his Coaching 2 years ago when BH was slapping their new district around.

3. I don't remmeber what 3 was, but I love HS football.  ;D

1. GCM is not supposed to be good, they know it and so does everyone else. It doesn't mean they don't have talent or that they won't be competitive in years to come. It takes time.

2. BH had a good first season in 4A, a middle of the road season last year, and Coach Price has done well with the players he has.

You have to remember a HS Coach doesn't get to pick his team, he has to build a team with what he's got. BH will be back and it isn't the Coaches fault that they are struggling. I never heard 1 complaint about his Coaching 2 years ago when BH was slapping their new district around.

3. I don't remmeber what 3 was, but I love HS football.  ;D

Or the week before the Central game!  ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont