Lamar Football Stadium

Guest abovetherim

That is a great looking stadium and I totally agree it is in the top 3 things a recruit looks at on a recruiting visit. 1. Coach. 2. Conference 3. Stadium

Congratulations on getting a new stadium. If football is successful, there will be millions more donated for future renovations or a new stadium.

Like Todd Dodge stated "the stadium has to be nicer than the stadium a young man played in during high school".

That is a great looking stadium and I totally agree it is in the top 3 things a recruit looks at on a recruiting visit. 1. Coach. 2. Conference 3. Stadium

Congratulations on getting a new stadium. If football is successful, there will be millions more donated for future renovations or a new stadium.

Like Todd Dodge stated "the stadium has to be nicer than the stadium a young man playing in during high school".

Thanks for the kind words, but we don't have it yet.  The new stadium has been on the "want list" for 6-7 years now.  It's now reaching the boiling point at NT- either sh!t or get off the pot.

Guest abovetherim

Well, you certainly have some big names pushing for it. Mean Joe Green, Hayden Fry, Coach Dodge among several others I'm sure.

Best of luck getting it approved!

• 2 weeks later...

North Texas got destroyed again last night. Its one thing to lose, another to get destroyed.

Rice destroyed UNT last week, Rice gets destroyed this week. So what is my point?

Many you were outraged beause I think LU should expand the stadium NOW. You said no, wait

until Lamar is winning. Should not UNT wait until the they win. Why the double standard for LU.

Guest coachacola

North Texas got destroyed again last night. Its one thing to lose, another to get destroyed.

Rice destroyed UNT last week, Rice gets destroyed this week. So what is my point?

Many you were outraged beause I think LU should expand the stadium NOW. You said no, wait

until Lamar is winning. Should not UNT wait until the they win. Why the double standard for LU.

I have to disagree with you on the double standard.  UNT's new stadium will be about the same size as their current stadium so they won't be expanding capacity.  Instead of spending millions of dollars to renovate a bad stadium they want to build a new one.  LU on the other hand needs to both renovate and expand the stadium and they don't have the money to do both.

I don't think anyone was outraged that you wanted Cardinal Stadium expanded now.  Lamar just doesn't have the money to renovate and expand the stadium while also starting up the football program and building an athletic complex too.

And don't forget the this new UNT football stadium isn't a done deal.  The students still need to vote on a fee increase and they need a lot of private donations.  If UNT doesn't start winning then they might not get this done.

I have to disagree with you on the double standard.  UNT's new stadium will be about the same size as their current stadium so they won't be expanding capacity.  Instead of spending millions of dollars to renovate a bad stadium they want to build a new one.  LU on the other hand needs to both renovate and expand the stadium and they don't have the money to do both.

I don't think anyone was outraged that you wanted Cardinal Stadium expanded now.  Lamar just doesn't have the money to renovate and expand the stadium while also starting up the football program and building an athletic complex too.

And don't forget the this new UNT football stadium isn't a done deal.  The students still need to vote on a fee increase and they need a lot of private donations.  If UNT doesn't start winning then they might not get this done.

Renovate and expanding the Cardinal stadium is a lot cheaper then building a new stadium. And the UNT stadium is a done deal, those ppl don't think

like this area thinks. sigh...

NT needs a new stadium because old Fouts Field is crumbling.  Get this, on game day, NT has to rent 19 generators to provide enough electricity to run everything.  It is not ADA compliant, and the because of the growth of the University (close to 35,000 students), they need the land and surrounding parking lots and practice fields for academic buildings and high rise parking garages.  Fouts was designed as a multifunctional stadium which includes a track.  The site lines are terrible.

NT needs a new stadium in the worse way, yet we are having a terrible year in football.  Stadium is scheduled to open for 2011 season.

Get this, a couple of years ago NT installed all new, "waterless" urinals in the men's bathrooms at Fouts Field.  Don't ask me how they work, but they do!  Damndest thing I've ever seen or used!

NT needs a new stadium because old Fouts Field is crumbling.  Get this, on game day, NT has to rent 19 generators to provide enough electricity to run everything.  It is not ADA compliant, and the because of the growth of the University (close to 35,000 students), they need the land and surrounding parking lots and practice fields for academic buildings and high rise parking garages.  Fouts was designed as a multifunctional stadium which includes a track.  The site lines are terrible.

NT needs a new stadium in the worse way, yet we are having a terrible year in football.  Stadium is scheduled to open for 2011 season.

Get this, a couple of years ago NT installed all new, "waterless" urinals in the men's bathrooms at Fouts Field.  Don't ask me how they work, but they do!  Damndest thing I've ever seen or used!

I'm not saying you dont need a new stadium. I'm for it, for you. Its the attitude of SETX. Its like a "I am inferior" mentallity.

Again, North Texas has 35,000 students, a program that is not coming back from the dead, and is the public University of the Metroplex (a 5 million market) with 5 times the alumni and support that LU has.

Lets make Cardinal stadium appealing to the local fans first and draw 18,000 per before we start expanding.

Again, North Texas has 35,000 students, a program that is not coming back from the dead, and is the public University of the Metroplex (a 5 million market) with 5 times the alumni and support that LU has.

Lets make Cardinal stadium appealing to the local fans first and draw 18,000 per before we start expanding.

And yet UNLV can't seem to understand this. He wants to put it off on this "Southeast Texas mentality" thing. He can't seem to understand that "Joe College" has $5 in his pocket to spend and not $100. Some how he thinks that $5 will buy he and his date a steak dinner.

Guest coachacola

I think UNLV is judging the renovations at Cardinal Stadium too soon.  We don't know yet exactly what Lamar has planned.  Most schools do their stadium renovations and expansions in stages due to the high costs and that's what Lamar will do.  Cardinal Stadium was designed as a football only stadium to be expanded into a bowl so there's no need to build a new stadium from scratch like a lot of schools have to do.  If Lamar football is successful then we'll the stadium expanded soon enough.

See  what I mean...  Big and powerful almighty DFW has 5 million ppl so they deserved by default the biggest

and best. What about La-monroe with a student population of 7,000 in a metro population of 172,000, or La-tech or CUSA Southern Miss.

Yet this area thinking is to think small, lower expectation, status quo rules while new and innovative stay away, country bumpkiness rules..

Cardinal stadium was 17,000 in the 80's, I dont remember 18,000 fans. Oh wait, a little paint here and a turf field and maybe suites for the rich

will bring in those 18,000 while we play Nicholls st....

See  what I mean...  Big and powerful almighty DFW has 5 million ppl so they deserved by default the biggest

and best. What about La-monroe with a student population of 7,000 in a metro population of 172,000, or La-tech or CUSA Southern Miss.

Yet this area thinking is to think small, lower expectation, status quo rules while new and innovative stay away, country bumpkiness rules..

Cardinal stadium was 17,000 in the 80's, I dont remember 18,000 fans. Oh wait, a little paint here and a turf field and maybe suites for the rich

Your comparisons are very lame. Those are all very well established football programs that have been playing the last 20 years where Lamar has not. You can't really be serious about Lamar being FBS with a new 40,000 seat stadium in what is really considered being a "first year" program after being dead the last 20 years. C'mon UNLV, your comments are very unrealistic and borderline just plain stupid. Yeah, yeah, I know, "stupid is, stupid does" ::)

We are just the meek and weak mental midgets in these parts. ::)

Hey UNLV, "SHOW ME THE MONEY" please!!!!

UNLV, you do realize that LU shut down it's program in the late 80's for lack of money and local interest?

I think most of us LU fans and alumni want LU to play with the big dogs some day, but I don't want to be their whipping boys. I'd rather establish that we can fill the seats as designed and show a need for expansion, than have 12,000 show up and have 18,000 empty seats! That's just common sense to us backwoods country bumpkins.  ;D

Capacity          Avg        %      Empty Seats

La-monroe            30K              16K          54          14,000

La-tech                30K              18K          60          12,000

ULL                      30K              16K        54          14,000

Southern Miss.        33K              27K          81          6,000 (no real competition for the entertainment dollar)

Your comparisons are very lame. Those are all very well established football programs that have been playing the last 20 years where Lamar has not. You can't really be serious about Lamar being FBS with a new 40,000 seat stadium in what is really considered being a "first year" program after being dead the last 20 years. C'mon UNLV, your comments are very unrealistic and borderline just plain stupid. Yeah, yeah, I know, "stupid is, stupid does" ::)

No, your thinking is very limited. There are those who go out and seek greatness. These people know the sky is the limit. These people always shoot

to be the best, the first, the most innovative, the people who lead humanity out of caves and into the modern world. Then there are the nay sayers, the can't be doners,

the limit builders, the critics of the geat minds, the ones who opposed leaving the caves.

Curious, do you think a hog calling contest should be part of LU's halftime show?

UNLV, you do realize that LU shut down it's program in the late 80's for lack of money and local interest?

I was at those games in the late 70's and 80's, were you?

Don't you see you are supporting the ideas that killed LU football. Small time will be

viewed by the public as small time.

I think most of us LU fans and alumni want LU to play with the big dogs some day, but I don't want to be their whipping boys. I'd rather establish that we can fill the seats as designed and show a need for expansion, than have 12,000 show up and have 18,000 empty seats! That's just common sense to us backwoods country bumpkins.  ;D

Capacity          Avg         %       Empty Seats

La-monroe             30K              16K          54          14,000

La-tech                 30K              18K          60          12,000

ULL                       30K              16K         54           14,000

Southern Miss.        33K              27K          81          6,000 (no real competition for the entertainment dollar)

It maybe common sense to you, however its a big gamble with very little chance of succeeding. The 80's show won't

get the fans in the seat in 2010. There needs to be something new/different.

No, your thinking is very limited. There are those who go out and seek greatness. These people know the sky is the limit. These people always shoot

to be the best, the first, the most innovative, the people who lead humanity out of caves and into the modern world. Then there are the nay sayers, the can't be doners,

the limit builders, the critics of the geat minds, the ones who opposed leaving the caves.

Curious, do you think a hog calling contest should be part of LU's halftime show?

For the 1,000th time I ask you, please tell me where Lamar is going to get the money to do these big and bold things that you say has to be done for the Lamar football program to be successful? PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW WHERE THAT BIG MONEY IS SO WE CAN LET THE LAMAR OFFICIALS KNOW WHERE TO GET THEIR HANDS ON IT!!!! ::)

Guest abovetherim

I've been pretty quite but if Lamar spends more than $25 million on the stadium there will be expansion made. There are some BIG TIME DONORS who Coach Tubbs and Dr Simmons are talking with about naming rights.

So, right now until we see the plans I wouldn't say Lamar will not expand Cardinal Stadium. It is a possibility but not a probability.

For the 1,000th time I ask you, please tell me where Lamar is going to get the money to do these big and bold things that you say has to be done for the Lamar football program to be successful? PLEASE LET US ALL KNOW WHERE THAT BIG MONEY IS SO WE CAN LET THE LAMAR OFFICIALS KNOW WHERE TO GET THEIR HANDS ON IT!!!! ::)

Lamar is raising $100 million dollars. That goal is quickly nearing if not already there. If $100 million can be raised, an additional $15 million can be raised

especially if Lamar said publically that money goes for stadium expansion and FBS.

UNLV, I don't think the $100 million campaign is for athletics. I believe it is academically driven. Of course, I could be wrong.  ;D

I didnt say it was for athletics. What this shows is Lamar can raise big bucks when it wants too and is not the poor defenseless

weakling who can't afford to be anything else except little Lamar.... Once this mentality is defeated, Lamar will soar to new heights...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124