How will this effect STJFL schedules

NewIndian

Guest bucwheat

I am not saying quit right now..I am just saying I would like to end as planned.If we missed two or three non conference games then thats what we missed..as long as it didnt eeffect the playoffs I dont think we should extend it. Some of these posts are making it sound like the season would end today..Just my opinion I would like to see it end on time..3 days a week and on Saturday we push everything to the side for football.. some people dont have homes or there family and friends dont have homes.this would free up more time to be there to help there lives get back to normal..

having 4 out of 7 days a week full ,its hard to do that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure your registration money has already been spent on Insurance, uniforms, equipment, etc...... lol

don't know about insurance

as far as uniforms: shirts are 2nd hand from last year; maybe even longer then that; kids are wearing white practice pants that we, the parents bought; unless  you spent the money on a Revolution helmet (which I did), the helmets are used also

what equipment? a football?  Water bottles for kids? nope -- I bought them with my own money (except for $10 which was handed to me by two parents; the balance came from my pocket)

give me something else to say where the money went and I might accept it. 

it went to the general fund to make WOS a better place to play for the kids.If you have a concession stand the money goes there to buy food to pay for the Refs.some went to Insurance and some went to the dues that STJFL requires.and some went to kids who really coudn't afford to pay unless it was people like you who paid .I am sure it is going somewhere useful for the kids. go to a meeting and get involved and ask how much money is in the general fund..usually in meetings they will say it  and also tell what was spent and where it was spent at since the previous meeting.

Very well put.

I am not saying quit right now..I am just saying I would like to end as planned.If we missed two or three non conference games then thats what we missed..as long as it didnt eeffect the playoffs I dont think we should extend it. Some of these posts are making it sound like the season would end today..Just my opinion I would like to see it end on time..3 days a week and on Saturday we push everything to the side for football.. some people dont have homes or there family and friends dont have homes.this would free up more time to be there to help there lives get back to normal..

if you shorten the season to end on time, not all teams will be fairly treated because of the schedule, and it will affect the playoffs. :) :)

Guest bucwheat

if you shorten the season to end on time, not all teams will be fairly treated because of the schedule, and it will affect the playoffs. :) :)

I guess you are referring to the wild card teams??

I think i know what you mean but if you will please explain..

I think the meeting that was held tonight about the football season was great i am glad to resume season and not miss anything my son is happy also. We lost our home and almost everything in it but we didn't loose the need to finish out football, cant wait to get something back to normal in our community [bC] and hope all are safe and well.... ;D :P >:( >:( >:( >:(;) see you in a couple of weeks td cant wait..HA HA just kidding td...... :-*

I say we play all games and make up the ones we didnt play not all people hunt so cant just hold that against kids that dont.. Most people that hunt dont bring there kid all the time so i vote for play all give everyone a fair chance at playoffs..If we half to end season early or not make up games because of hunting well lets just end it now.  ;D ;D ;D :P :P >:( >:(

First of all that was only MY opinion. I wasn't suggesting that the league make a decision based on my opinion. Second of all your post contradicts itself from beginning to end.

I think the meeting that was held tonight about the football season was great i am glad to resume season and not miss anything my son is happy also. We lost our home and almost everything in it but we didn't loose the need to finish out football, cant wait to get something back to normal in our community [bC] and hope all are safe and well.... ;D :P >:( >:( >:( >:(;) see you in a couple of weeks td cant wait..HA HA just kidding td...... :-*

I will be looking for you. Let me know if you need anything. Or if T just needs a friend to play with. He and yall are welcome any and all the time. I hope you know that.

Guest bucwheat

If the decision was made to pick up at week two, I really feel that was a big mistake.  I am all for football as well as very involved in everything my boys do however, I feel that the season is going to last too long.  We will be playing into the holiday season.  How fair is it to expect kids to play on Thanksgiving weekend.  Also, the only weekend(s) we have had off have been for evacuation and that was no time off.  What if some people already had plans... now if they miss they will feel they are letting their whole team down especially if they play a "key" roll on the team.  I just hope that is really not how it is going to all play out!

I was one who really didn't want it to last this long..BUT the Thanksgiving weekend will be no games that week.

We hunt and really didn't want it to last that long..But the decision was made ..It  has it's pros and cons for both ways..

Heres the deal. The STJFL sand any other league is between a rock and a hard place. If you cut game then kids and parents think they jipped of a season. If you play it out, its too llong. The approach I believe that was taken is; The league is going to offer a full season and full playoffs for the kids and parents who want to participate. That they fairest of the 2 options. So if you have something else you want to do, then do it. It is your option but the league is there for the kids that want to play. If we cut it short than nobody has the options. So deer hunters like me have to make a choice, so I give the choice to my son. He says play, so we play. If other players choose to leave, thats fine too. We did not order a hurricane. the league is here for all kids that want to play foorball and cheer. By the way regualr season is over by Thanksgiving, actually the week before the kids get out for break. The playoffs start Nov 22, so 100% of the kids get an oppurtunity to play a full season. Good luck and god bless.

PS - For the ones that want to complain, get involved!

Heres the deal. The STJFL sand any other league is between a rock and a hard place. If you cut game then kids and parents think they jipped of a season. If you play it out, its too llong. The approach I believe that was taken is; The league is going to offer a full season and full playoffs for the kids and parents who want to participate. That they fairest of the 2 options. So if you have something else you want to do, then do it. It is your option but the league is there for the kids that want to play. If we cut it short than nobody has the options. So deer hunters like me have to make a choice, so I give the choice to my son. He says play, so we play. If other players choose to leave, thats fine too. We did not order a hurricane. the league is here for all kids that want to play foorball and cheer. By the way regualr season is over by Thanksgiving, actually the week before the kids get out for break. The playoffs start Nov 22, so 100% of the kids get an oppurtunity to play a full season. Good luck and god bless.

I don't think anyone could have said it any better.

OK...once and for all, here is the total picture.

1)the season will be played out as it was going to be originally - the full season you signed up for

2)playoffs and superbowl WILL remain the same - two rounds of playoffs and 1 superbowl

3)there will be a round robin tournament for the flag players with seeding determined by season play

4)there will be NO games on Thanksgiving weekend

5)there will be no off weekends unless you have a bye - someone mentioned this and there have NEVER

been weekends off during the season unless your team had a bye and I'm not sure why there should

be now

6)the season has NOT been extended - there are no additional games - just the same exact number you

would've played prior to Ike

7)You and your child are NOT obligated to play out the season, it is just an option we wanted to give

the kids of SE Texas to try to get their lives back - most parents were ecstatic about it!

8)these were decisions we made to try to help the majority - we cannot please everyone, but we do our

best to keep our eye on the ball and please the KIDS - that is who this is about - if you feel hunting is

important, by all means go hunting and miss a game or two - that way your child can have the best of

both worlds.  BUT, if you don't hunt, your games are still available for you to play.

9)If you have any questions - please feel free to contact me, I AM an STJFL board member and will be

glad to answer any productive questions, publically or privately. 

Thanks to all who are trying to get our season back on the road and our lives back together.

Relax. How do you know these people aren't involved. Not to mention this is a place for people to go and give their opinion and that is exactly what they are doing. I haven't read where anyone was just beating up the decision makers. Not everyone has to agree with the decision that was made. They are free to do what they want to do just as all of us are. We will all make our own decisions. BTW, I didn't order the hurricane either ;D

OK...once and for all, here is the total picture.

1)the season will be played out as it was going to be originally - the full season you signed up for

2)playoffs and superbowl WILL remain the same - two rounds of playoffs and 1 superbowl

3)there will be a round robin tournament for the flag players with seeding determined by season play

4)there will be NO games on Thanksgiving weekend

5)there will be no off weekends unless you have a bye - someone mentioned this and there have NEVER

been weekends off during the season unless your team had a bye and I'm not sure why there should

be now

6)the season has NOT been extended - there are no additional games - just the same exact number you

would've played prior to Ike

7)You and your child are NOT obligated to play out the season, it is just an option we wanted to give

the kids of SE Texas to try to get their lives back - most parents were ecstatic about it!

8)these were decisions we made to try to help the majority - we cannot please everyone, but we do our

best to keep our eye on the ball and please the KIDS - that is who this is about - if you feel hunting is

important, by all means go hunting and miss a game or two - that way your child can have the best of

both worlds.  BUT, if you don't hunt, your games are still available for you to play.

9)If you have any questions - please feel free to contact me, I AM an STJFL board member and will be

glad to answer any productive questions, publically or privately. 

Thanks to all who are trying to get our season back on the road and our lives back together.

Now there is the one that couldn't have been said better.

The new schedule is out. Do not know when it will be posted. Some changes are that BC will not host any games. Some game times have been moved earlier because of darkness and no lights at some fields.

;D ;D ;D ;D

The new schedules are posted, go to www.vpifa.net to see them for the time being.  There is a scrolling banner on the left side of the screen and it reads "notice to the public" and "post hurricane IKE schedule changes".  Hopefully the STJFL site will be up and running in the near future, but for the time being, this is the amended STJFL schedule.  Thanks to the VPIFA for doing this for us!

The new schedule is out. Do not know when it will be posted. Some changes are that BC will not host any games. Some game times have been moved earlier because of darkness and no lights at some fields.

;D ;D ;D ;D

The new schedules are posted, go to www.vpifa.net to see them for the time being.  There is a scrolling banner on the left side of the screen and it reads "notice to the public" and "post hurricane IKE schedule changes".  Hopefully the STJFL site will be up and running in the near future, but for the time being, this is the amended STJFL schedule. 

Thanks to the VPIFA for doing this for us!

how many kids need equipment?i got cleats collecting dust nikes and under azrmour cleats be glad to give em up, since we play yall this saturday

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami