How will this effect STJFL schedules

NewIndian

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know but I Hope every Mustang, Indian, Bulldog, Bear, Pirate, Bobcat, Lion, Cardinal, Eagle, and Raider player, family, coaches, and fans are safe and may God bless you all. Kinda hard hit in Orange, who knows if we even have enough players even back in town to play. I know West Orange and Bridge CIty both are very hard hit. Hope to see ya'll on the field soon, though.

P.S.-I hope I didn't miss anyone, lol.

The season wasn't cancelled after Rita, it was just delayed.  The STJFL has not yet met to discuss the season.  We will let everyone know as soon as we might begin again.   We suffered tremendous losses in Bridge City and I know others did as well and we all need to focus on our families first, then we'll begin to discuss the start up of the football season.  Best of luck to all who were hard hit by Ike.

The season wasn't cancelled after Rita, it was just delayed.  The STJFL has not yet met to discuss the season.  We will let everyone know as soon as we might begin again.   We suffered tremendous losses in Bridge City and I know others did as well and we all need to focus on our families first, then we'll begin to discuss the start up of the football season.  Best of luck to all who were hard hit by Ike.

I apologize, I must have been given bad information on the Rita season.  But the guy that told me that was a coach and his son played so if figured his info was good.

Just wanted to say God bless you Kitty and everyone in Bridge City..flood surrounded my house but we missed it by a foot getting in the house..your in my prayers.

The STJFL has made no decision....games Won't be played until we meet to decide on a plan of action.

Just curious, is there a meeting that has been scheduled?

Yes, we will be meeting next week to discuss this.  We'll keep you all updated when a decision has been made.

I have a question that some may think is tacky but I'd really like to have an answer.  This is the first year that my son played football.  What happens if the season is cancelled -- do the parents receive a refund of the registration fee?  My son's team played 1 game and then Ike decided to reek havoc on the towns around here.  I would like to know an answer to my question please.

I have a question that some may think is tacky but I'd really like to have an answer.  This is the first year that my son played football.  What happens if the season is cancelled -- do the parents receive a refund of the registration fee?  My son's team played 1 game and then Ike decided to reek havoc on the towns around here.  I would like to know an answer to my question please.

If you play for WOS you need to talk to Erick Guillory.

Im sure your registration money has already been spent on Insurance, uniforms, equipment, etc...... lol

don't know about insurance

as far as uniforms: shirts are 2nd hand from last year; maybe even longer then that; kids are wearing white practice pants that we, the parents bought; unless  you spent the money on a Revolution helmet (which I did), the helmets are used also

what equipment? a football?  Water bottles for kids? nope -- I bought them with my own money (except for $10 which was handed to me by two parents; the balance came from my pocket)

give me something else to say where the money went and I might accept it. 

Guest bucwheat

Im sure your registration money has already been spent on Insurance, uniforms, equipment, etc...... lol

as far as uniforms: shirts are 2nd hand from last year; maybe even longer then that; kids are wearing white practice pants that we, the parents bought; unless  you spent the money on a Revolution helmet (which I did), the helmets are used also

what equipment? a football?  Water bottles for kids? nope -- I bought them with my own money (except for $10 which was handed to me by two parents; the balance came from my pocket)

it went to the general fund to make WOS a better place to play for the kids.If you have a concession stand the money goes there to buy food to pay for the Refs.some went to Insurance and some went to the dues that STJFL requires.and some went to kids who really coudn't afford to pay unless it was people like you who paid .I am sure it is going somewhere useful for the kids. go to a meeting and get involved and ask how much money is in the general fund..usually in meetings they will say it  and also tell what was spent and where it was spent at since the previous meeting.

Hi, I can't address exactly how your association spends their money, but I'd be willing to bet that they offer scholarships and equipment to children who cannot otherwise afford to play, all associations do, plus as was previously mentioned, they have to buy supplies for concession stands, practice balls and equipment.  Also they pay dues to the STJFL based upon how many teams they have and they pay insurance each year, which I can tell you is VERY costly for a non-profit league.  Our association furnishes a uniform to each child, the pads for the pants, mouth pieces and pays for all practice equipment, flags for the flag players, cones, balls, etc.  We also pay referee fees each week for two to three referees per game.  The fees are much more than the average person would realize.  Even if your association furnished used jerseys, they still had the initial expense of buying them, and many have to be replaced each year due to being returned in unusable condition...and they aren't cheap!  I hope this may give you some insight into the expenses to run a league, we also have to pay to maintain our buildings and fields....I'm not sure that WO has to do this, but it is an additional expense as is security or custodians...if they have to be furnished when you use school property, and they frequently do.

Opinions wanted on revised schedules:

1) play all games, just back season up

2) play fewer games and finish season on schedule

I would rather change the dates only on the original schedule. I know we finish much later, but it is much more fair to everyone. I would like the games to start 10/4. 

What do ya'll think. Meeting is Thursday to discuss.

I would rather change the dates only on the original schedule. I know we finish much later, but it is much more fair to everyone. I would like the games to start 10/4. 

I'm not sure what my opinion is. I haven't talked to my boys but I will go along with whatever they want. There are alot of us that hunt with our boys and as far as I'm concerned that is just as important as the time I spend with them playing sports. Maybe more important.

Guest bucwheat

I have already heard that there will be alot of kids and parents absent if we extend the season.Due to hunting..

My opinion finish on time,and move ahead.dont forget there is still families without homes and family and friends that dont have homes...if we finish on time that will give people time to help loved ones out and make it qiuicker to get back to normal..

I say we play all games and make up the ones we didnt play not all people hunt so cant just hold that against kids that dont.. Most people that hunt dont bring there kid all the time so i vote for play all give everyone a fair chance at playoffs..If we half to end season early or not make up games because of hunting well lets just end it now.  ;D ;D ;D :P :P >:( >:(

ME personally...and also speaking for my kids...would love to see the season played out to be fair to everyone...Hunting is an individual choice..I would think one could wait a couple of weeks to do so but I don't hunt so I wouldn't have a clue.  I know my kids would feel a since of obligation to their teammates to be there if possible, but if a kid wants to hunt over football then so be it. No parent, kid, or coach should have a problem with it.

Play all games as planned....if Bridge City can get it together to play even missing some children like we are, the other teams can just do without those who feel that hunting takes precedence over football, that way all parties will be happy, the families who do not hunt, and the families who do.

I hunt with my kids, but will do it later so we can play all the games, after Rita we played a short season and it didnt seem fair to all parties involved kinda like the HS season(decided on a coin toss) i know my son would love to finish the season, and i  :-\ already feel like the season isnt long enough

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    newyourk01
    Newest Member
    newyourk01