Fema information

I wonder if any watched the news on Friday morning (9/12/08) when the news taped the elderly man on the walker who showed up 10 minutes late for the bus.  I did and was infuriated.  They showed an army guy loading water and MRE's into the man's car and then a "spokesman for state resources" was interviewed and said that the little man was late and that they were sending him home to "hunker-down".  He also said that the state resources were depleted and that anyone needing to evacuate now should not leave their homes because there was no way to get them out of town.  Within an hour, Mayor Prince was interviewed stating that anyone who needed/wanted to leave needed to  be at the Bob Bowers' center because PA district buses would get them out of town until it was no longer safe to run those buses.

This entire thing was a fiasco from get-go.  Officials are elected to have plans A, B, C, etc. in these types of situations and they simply didn't.  Not necessarily our local officials, but at the state/federal level. I have to disagree that everyone had the opportunity because this entire ordeal was not very well-organized, but at least Corpus Christi had plenty of resources.  BTW, I am curious as to the average income in CC compared to here...

I was in Frisco during the hurricane and the majority of news coverage we got was all about Katrina!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder