WOS or WB (with current rooster)

wosgrad-84

i'd have to say west brook.  wos has as much talent as anyone who steps on the field with them.  in this case, however, i think west brook would just be too much to handle.  i will say though, it would be fun to see how christian michael would do against a cornel thompson chain gang defense.  8)

No 3A school, even one as good as WO-S, has any business playing a strong 5A school.  WO-S would make a respectable showing, but would lose it in the 2nd half.  WB has too much size and depth. 

Size? yes! Team speed? Yes! Depth? Not yet! GIve us about two more years, and we'll have some depth. We currently only have around 46 players on the varsity roster on Friday nights. I'd like to see somewhere in the mid 60's in a couple of years. But no, WO-S shouldn't be much of a problem!

No 3A school, even one as good as WO-S, has any business playing a strong 5A school.  WO-S would make a respectable showing, but would lose it in the 2nd half.  WB has too much size and depth. 

Size? yes! Team speed? Yes! Depth? Not yet! GIve us about two more years, and we'll have some depth. We currently only have around 46 players on the varsity roster on Friday nights. I'd like to see somewhere in the mid 60's in a couple of years. But no, WO-S shouldn't be much of a problem!

Only 46, huh?  Still, on average, a successful 5A program will typically have more depth than WO-S who suits out between 25 - 30 players every year.  WO-S coaches traditionally get the most out of the numbers they have, which keeps them a stout 3A team that would also be very competitive in any 4A district, but a 5A district would be too much to keep up with in a 10-week season.     

Depth makes it impossible for a team of 25 like WO-S to beat WB. But if you presented some fantasy situation in which the teams were equalized - like starters only - WO-S handily. WB has been reasonably good in recent years, but has had horrifically awful years. WO-S always finds a way to field a winning team - usually dominant.

Guest abovetherim

My sister lives down from WO-S stadium, I played against those guys and they are ALWAYS good. However, I'm not sure the starters this year versus WB would win "handily".

Heck, they (WB) may have the best RB in the country. Their O-line and D-line is better than WO-S. The skilled positions outside WB RB would be a wash. I'd give the nod to WO-S coaching staff because Coach Hooks has multiple state championships.

Guest tigersvoice

I'm not sure whose "rooster" would win, only the hens can say that, but Westbrook would outlast WO-S in this matchup on the football field.  Sure would be fun to see.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder