**Post Any Game Changes Or Cancellations Here**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my understanding that if a school played last Saturday night, they cant play before Thursday. If this is true, then if they order a mandatory evacuation for Thursday, then our potential game would be cancelled. Am I correct on this?

Correct. I believe the UIL could agree to pass a waiver to the 5 day rule under these circumstances, but I don't see it happening. The UIL would see that none of these games would have nothing to do with playoff status, and would question why it would be necessary to play them. With an impending storm and evac on the horizon, it just would be silly to push these games up.

Guest BCNatureBoy

Don't know about being silly, it is important for our area teams to get these games in IF possible. Losing these games could potentially hurt their runs in the playoffs. Many times baseball games are moved up from Monday to Tuesday nights do to storms coming in.

Don't know about being silly, it is important for our area teams to get these games in IF possible. Losing these games could potentially hurt their runs in the playoffs. Many times baseball games are moved up from Monday to Tuesday nights do to storms coming in.

Explain to me how missing one non district game could hurt a teams chances of making the playoffs.

As for the baseball comparison, thats apples and oranges. Football much more difficult to change than baseball.

Explain to me how missing one non district game could hurt a teams chances of making the playoffs.

As for the baseball comparison, thats apples and oranges. Football much more difficult to change than baseball.

Speaking strictly about Deweyville, we have a new Coach and Offense/Defense that's totally different from anything we've ever run before, so we need every game type situation we have to get more proficient with the new Offense/Defense. So in our case, yes missing one game will hurt our chances. IMO

This is from the 2008-2009 UIL Football Manuel.

This is the hidden content, please

(3) Minimum Time Between Regular Season Games. Up to and including the final district game, no team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days. Example: A team playing Saturday night cannot play again until the following Thursday night. A team playing Monday night could play any time on Saturday.

This is from the 2008-2009 UIL Football Manuel.

This is the hidden content, please

(3) Minimum Time Between Regular Season Games. Up to and including the final district game, no team or student in any conference shall be permitted to take part in more than one game within five calendar days. Example: A team playing Saturday night cannot play again until the following Thursday night. A team playing Monday night could play any time on Saturday.

Thanks for that clarification, Cat22. I thought it had to be 5 days between games and not able to play on the 5th day.

The part I put in bold was done repeatedly last year in the sub-varsity teams. You know who you are. ;)

Ike may affect Texas high school football games

Eds: APNewsNow.

AUSTIN (AP) - High school football games threatened by Hurricane

Ike could be rescheduled for earlier kickoffs this week.

The University Interscholastic League on Tuesday gave schools

permission to move up varsity football games in areas where Ike may

force evacuations.

The UIL mandates at least five days between games. But with Ike

potentially headed to the Texas coast, the exception would let

schools move up its games.

Scheduling for volleyball matches were granted similar

exceptions.

Gov. Rick Perry has already issued a disaster declaration for 88

counties ahead of Ike, which was on a path Tuesday to possibly hit

Texas by the weekend.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder