*Lumberton vs. HF Updates*/23-7 LUMBERTON WINS/COMMENTS*

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I was at the game with no real ties to either school but find myself pulling for the Raiders more often than not, for reasons I'll keep to myself.  Anyway, in my opinion, the Raiders my be in trouble this year.  I was not overly impressed with the running game and the passing game needs work.  The defense looked good against a 3A, a small 3A.  Don't be hatin Raider Fans, I love you guys, but this should have been a warm up game and it wasn't over until late.  A win is a win, I was just hoping to see the second string at the beginning of the 4th...

I thought HF was going to have an awesome team this year......... What happened? It's my understanding that half of last years juniors are not playing this year and the Horns had an impressive JV team last year ! The JV only lost one game and that was to Jasper. They beat WOS's JV. WHERE are those sophmores from last year ? When you look at the horn's roster, you do not see half the names that was on their roster. Why did they quit or leave HF?

I thought HF was going to have an awesome team this year......... What happened? It's my understanding that half of last years juniors are not playing this year and the Horns had an impressive JV team last year ! The JV only lost one game and that was to Jasper. They beat WOS's JV. WHERE are those sophmores from last year ? When you look at the horn's roster, you do not see half the names that was on their roster. Why did they quit or leave HF?

It doesn't mean your varsity is gonna kick every ones butts just because they had a 10-0 jv, look at bridge city two years ago there jv went 9-1 and they got up to varsity and they got stomped in every game that season and went 0-10, so your jv can mean nothing its if they can make it happen on the Field and who knows they might be able to so ill leave it at that.

Any one else see where I'm coming from??

It doesn't mean your varsity is gonna kick every ones butts just because they had a 10-0 jv, look at bridge city two years ago there jv went 9-1 and they got up to varsity and they got stomped in every game that season and went 0-10, so your jv can mean nothing its if they can make it happen on the Field and who knows they might be able to so ill leave it at that.

I think you are missing the point..................... Why did half of the returning varsity players quit and half of the sophmores quit ? Look at their roster and compare it to last years.........

I think you are missing the point..................... Why did half of the returning varsity players quit and half of the sophmores quit ? Look at their roster and compare it to last years.........

Doubt half of the team quit, i dont have there roster so i dont know what to think maybe if you put one in front of my face i will understand where your comming from but what i see is if you are gona start these sophs and juniors they are gonna be young there is a diffrece between jv and varsity the game is played much faster

I understand that there is a difference between JV ball and varsity ball. There are several juniors from last years varsity team did not return to play their senior year. The sophmores, who made up the majority of the JV team last year, did not return to play this year(varisity or jv)........ Why?

I understand that there is a difference between JV ball and varsity ball. There are several juniors from last years varsity team did not return to play their senior year. The sophmores, who made up the majority of the JV team last year, did not return to play this year(varisity or jv)........ Why?

Well im not from Hamshire so i have no idea maybe someone can answer this question, but that is odd, so what does there roster look like?? No seniors??

Well I really dont understand why there are HF people on this site trying to stir up rumors about MASS EXODUS by players, like they are trying to say something is wrong with the program, but I did go to the game and according to the roster I have in front of me there are 22 seniors out of 32 players on this roster. So unless there was 44 seniors I can't see half missing. But defensively they looked decent, offensively they looked like many of those GOOD JV'ers were on the offensive line because they were totally outmanned all night. But I believe they will still be a playoff team in 21AAA, write it down. Lumberton in AAAA in am not as sure?

it was a FEW of the younger guys that quit and one senior from what i heard... but HF's problem was in their injuries, a lot of the guys were out of the game or playing with injuries and all the key players were on both sides of the ball so they were worn out quickly.. not tryin to make excuses just stating the facts

"What happened? It's my understanding that half of last years juniors are not playing this year and the Horns had an impressive JV team last year ! The JV only lost one game and that was to Jasper. They beat WOS's JV. WHERE are those sophmores from last year ? When you look at the horn's roster, you do not see half the names that was on their roster. Why did they quit or leave HF?

"

I was responding to this post!!

Well I really dont understand why there are HF people on this site trying to stir up rumors about MASS EXODUS by players, like they are trying to say something is wrong with the program, but I did go to the game and according to the roster I have in front of me there are 22 seniors out of 32 players on this roster. So unless there was 44 seniors I can't see half missing. But defensively they looked decent, offensively they looked like many of those GOOD JV'ers were on the offensive line because they were totally outmanned all night. But I believe they will still be a playoff team in 21AAA, write it down. Lumberton in AAAA in am not as sure?

I never said I was from HF are trying to stir up rumors..... I was asking a question ! I hate to hear that HF has a lot of injuries and a majority of the players are having to play both offense and defense. Thank you for the input HFplaya !

I was at the game and HF got man handled pure and simple by a school 3 X their size, so nobody should

be surprised. HF had one good QTR and that was the 2nd. The 1st, 3rd & 4th qtrs were dominated by Lumberton.

IMO with injuries and mistakes aside we would still get beat by Lumberton. HF might compete for a playoff spot in

21- 3A if they can get healthy and get something going offensively. Lumberton should do well in their district

as they have a very good O-line, to compliment 3 Good RB's. Defensively they have very good D-Line to compliment a good LB Corp. The only weakness Lumberton has IMO, is their secondary. Good Luck to both teams this week.

I was at the game and HF got man handled pure and simple by a school 3 X their size, so nobody should

be surprised. HF had one good QTR and that was the 2nd. The 1st, 3rd & 4th qtrs were dominated by Lumberton.

IMO with injuries and mistakes aside we would still get beat by Lumberton. HF might compete for a playoff spot in

21- 3A if they can get healthy and get something going offensively. Lumberton should do well in their district

as they have a very good O-line, to compliment 3 Good RB's. Defensively they have very good D-Line to compliment a good LB Corp. The only weakness Lumberton has IMO, is their secondary. Good Luck to both teams this week.

atleast someone from HF realizes this..

i'm not trying to start anything, but it seems like MOST of the HF posters are using "half of the team quitting, or SEVERAL injuries" as excuses maybe?

like hornsfan said.. a small 3a will not be a good sized 4a too often.

so there shouldn't be excuses

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami