*Kirbyville vs. Diboll Updates/KIRBYVILLE WINS!!!*

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wildcat4life  Do you hear that    Oh my God what is that noise,  please God, I am praying to you, just let the Hurricane pass over our heads, so you can let them angry Bulldogs out the Bone Yard to Skin a Wildcat.  Amen           ;D ;D ;D ;D ;):D :D :D

No....do you hear that?? Jasper just got blew out 56-28. Where was the defense at?? Kirbyville real big next week!!!!

Guest rykerx144

But Jasper didn't quit at the end like them childcats did.  Sounded like they got real tired.

is that very best you could come up with "oh yea jasper didnt quit at the end of the game like the wildcats did" 

give me break at least the wildcats did two thing you couldnt do. and that was:  first have a big lead to be able to let up at the end and the second was WIN

but wait ill save you some time cause I already know your next post (or whine) will be oh yea Gilmer was better than Diboll..  :'( :'(

also sounds like you better start prayin for rain cause youll have a easier time dealing with that hurricane than you will Kirbyvilles Defense next week!!!!!!!!!!

But Jasper didn't quit at the end like them childcats did.  Sounded like they got real tired.

is that very best you could come up with "oh yea jasper didn't quit at the end of the game like the wildcats did"   

give me break at least the wildcats did two thing you couldn't do. and that was:  first have a big lead to be able to let up at the end and the second was WIN

but wait ill save you some time cause I already know your next post (or whine) will be oh yea Gilmer was better than Diboll..  :'( :'(

also sounds like you better start prayin for rain cause youll have a easier time dealing with that hurricane than you will Kirbyvilles Defense next week!!!!!!!!!!

I apologize, it was late , I guess I wasn't thinking straight.  Your right I should of come up with something better.  one thing though, I don't whine I talk smack, and that's what this is all about.  Heck I may even like you as a person,  I get along with most, cept scooter  ;) but back to the smack (cant have to many moments of niceness ;D)  no I think Diboll could beat Gilmer on any given day.  TADAAAA see I agreed with you.  man I have got to get off this medication!

Guest JDiddy

Let's see if I can join in the fun here.

Kirbyville gonna beat dem pups buy as much as they wont. Where two good for dem dogs, our kats could whoop anyone we played buy as many scores as we want. Dem Kats where two much for Diboll.

Some of you should spend a little more time in your english classes.

By GARY STALLARD

The Lufkin Daily News

Saturday, August 30, 2008

KIRBYVILLE – A fantastic finish wasn't enough to overcome a stuttering start, leaving the Diboll Lumberjacks with a season-opening 36-28 loss to Kirbyville Friday at Wildcat Stadium.

Diboll scored twice in a four-minute, fourth-quarter span, pulling to within a touchdown and two-point conversion of the Wildcats; this after spotting Kirbyville a 28-7 lead early in the third quarter.

Lumberjack quarterback Jacolby Spencer, who threw for more than 300 yards and a pair of scores, hit Trey Loche for a 53-yard catch-and-run with 7:50 left to play; then tossed a short 7-yard scoring strike to William Tudman at the 2:52 mark to cut the Wildcat lead to eight points.

But the Wildcats were able to maintain possession over the final two minutes, with Kirbyville quarterback Aaron Hazelwood connecting with receiver Randy Musgrove for a 22-yard completion to convert a third-and-10 and deny the Lumberjacks any opportunity to tie the score.

"I'm proud of the way we kept fighting back, even after we couldn't seem to do anything right early in the game," Diboll head coach Tom Sheppard said. "We had a chance to win this thing against a good football team. As long as we keep fighting like that, we'll be just fine."

Diboll's furious push at the end came after a mistake-prone first three quarters. The 'Jacks committed eight penalties for 60 yards in the first quarter alone – including three straight to open the game. For the night, Spencer completed 15 of his 28 pass attempts to total 318 yards, but was plagued by six dropped passes, several of which were drive-killers. In fact, Spencer's only interception came on a ball that passed through a receiver's hands and straight to Wildcat safety Broderick Jackson, who returned the pick 37 yards to the Diboll 3-yard line. That set up a 1-yard plunge from LeFredrick Ford, giving the 'Cats a 28-7 lead.

The offensive mistakes proved costly – Diboll also failed to punch in from two yards out on a fourth-and-goal in the second quarter – but Sheppard said the failure to make tackles allowed the Wildcats to sustain several scoring drives.

"It might have been a case of first-game jitters. I don't know," Sheppard said. "But the bottom line is we have to tackle better. We had several chances to make tackles for losses, but we didn't wrap up and ended up giving up big gains that kept them moving the chains."

A stable of five Kirbyville runnings backs accounted for 280 rushing yards; and four different Wildcat runners rushed for four scores, highlighted by Ja'Michael Ervine's 69-yard jaunt in the second quarter.

"These kids will learn from this and bounce back," Sheppard said. "We know we have a lot of talent, and tonight the kids showed they have plenty of heart.

"We'll be alright. This one's over."

Diboll (0-1) will hit the road again Friday to take on Silsbee. Kickoff is 7:30 p.m.

Wildcat4life  Do you hear that    Oh my God what is that noise,  please God, I am praying to you, just let the Hurricane pass over our heads, so you can let them angry Bulldogs out the Bone Yard to Skin a Wildcat.  Amen           ;D ;D ;D ;D ;):D :D :D

No....do you hear that?? Jasper just got blew out 56-28. Where was the defense at?? Kirbyville real big next week!!!!

Diboll is no GILMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that very best you could come up with "oh yea jasper didnt quit at the end of the game like the wildcats did"   

give me break at least the wildcats did two thing you couldnt do. and that was:  first have a big lead to be able to let up at the end and the second was WIN

Diboll is an ok team there nothing like them Buckeyes so give jasper some credit for not given up.Dont get the BIG HEAD

Guest rykerx144

is that very best you could come up with "oh yea jasper didn't quit at the end of the game like the wildcats did"   

give me break at least the wildcats did two thing you couldn't do. and that was:  first have a big lead to be able to let up at the end and the second was WIN

I apologize, it was late , I guess I wasn't thinking straight.  Your right I should of come up with something better.  one thing though, I don't whine I talk smack, and that's what this is all about.  Heck I may even like you as a person,  I get along with most, cept scooter  ;) but back to the smack (cant have to many moments of niceness ;D)  no I think Diboll could beat Gilmer on any given day.  TADAAAA see I agreed with you.  man I have got to get off this medication!

i have alot of respect for a man who is capable of admitting he is wrong!!!!  I also admit that Kirbyville did let up, and why I have no ideal.  but if they dont get that fixed they will not be able to compete with Jasper or Newton. I actually think next week goes to the team that come out and corrects the problems they had this week.  Kirbyvilles let down and Jaspers turnovers, If they both do then it should be one heck of a game.

Guest rykerx144

Diboll is an ok team there nothing like them Buckeyes so give jasper some credit for not given up.Dont get the BIG HEAD

and Land im not going to spare with a man who thinks Diboll is not a very good team!!!! 

either know nothing about high school ball or you are so diehard Bulldog you are going to argue with anything said about any other team and i have no time for either!!!

I have been a Jasper fan for several years and also love the Bulldogs. They are my second choice so I give them all the credit in the world for not given up, but I also know that Jasper may not be a only one man team, but they are centered around one man and always have been.  You shut that person down and they struggle and have to fight hard just to stay in games, but I do agree they dont give up and you gotta love that!!!!!

and Land im not going to spare with a man who thinks Diboll is not a very good team!!!! 

either know nothing about high school ball or you are so diehard Bulldog you are going to argue with anything said about any other team and i have no time for either!!!

I have been a Jasper fan for several years and also love the Bulldogs. They are my second choice so I give them all the credit in the world for not given up, but I also know that Jasper may not be a only one man team, but they are centered around one man and always have been.  You shut that person down and they struggle and have to fight hard just to stay in games, but I do agree they dont give up and you gotta love that!!!!!

rykerx144 so if Hazelwood get stopped Wildcats are done, I give the kid credit a great player for the wildcats, so that means everybody concerned about BAILEY and Hazelwood, both in my opinion controls the team, but you must agree you do have other players on the field. Well you got understand in football anything could happen, anybody could show up big for either team, hopefully we will get to see that Friday night.

Guest JDiddy

"it is a forum meant to talk trash and have a little fun and comrodery among the guys not an english class."

I understand, I am just suggesting you spend as much energy and time on your studies as you do talking trash. When you get out in the real world if you type like that you wont get very far. I think some of you were the ones President Bush had in mind when he created the No Child Left Behind program.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124