**POST THUR, FRI, SAT SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE**

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull Daisetta beat Deweyville 2-1 in the controlled scrimmage and the 2-live quarters of play ended 0 - 0.  However, HD dominated the scrimmage on both sides of the ball, if not for 2-turnovers deep in Deweyville territority HD would have scored more points.  Deweyville's offensive total for the WHOLE scrimmage was close to negative total yards. HD is a very good, well Coached team that will do very well this year, on the other hand, Deweyville is in trouble.  Unless changes are made, Deweyville will be lucky to win 1-game this year.  Again, congrats to HD, they looked very fast, and well Coached.

Was Deweyville beating themselves are could they just not do anything?

HD will shock people this year, they are bigger and stronger than they have been in a long time.

Hull Daisetta beat Deweyville 2-1 in the controlled scrimmage and the 2-live quarters of play ended 0 - 0.  However, HD dominated the scrimmage on both sides of the ball, if not for 2-turnovers deep in Deweyville territority HD would have scored more points.  Deweyville's offensive total for the WHOLE scrimmage was close to negative total yards. HD is a very good, well Coached team that will do very well this year, on the other hand, Deweyville is in trouble.  Unless changes are made, Deweyville will be lucky to win 1-game this year.  Again, congrats to HD, they looked very fast, and well Coached.

Offensively you have 4-returning All-District lineman, 2-start on offense and the other 2-start on defense, we are a small 2a school, we can't afford to try and have 11-on offense and a different 11-on defense.  The offense we run is a spread offense that throws the ball, your strength is power football to take advantage of the lineman, we do not have the atheletes to run the spread offense. On defense you have a player that just finished the JV scrimmage put on the starting Defense as the strong side LB.  Just really disappointing with this being the 3rd scrimmage action to include the intra squad scrimmage to see the level of play tonight, Deweyville is better than that, but the Coach's have to give the players a chance to win by putting the best 11 on the field.  HD came to play, I don't want to take anything from them, however, Deweyville needs to wake up and recognize that unless changes are made, this will be a very long season. IMO

HD will shock people this year, they are bigger and stronger than they have been in a long time.

No doubt, they are very good, #7 is a beast on both sides of the ball.

Offensively you have 4-returning All-District lineman, 2-start on offense and the other 2-start on defense, we are a small 2a school, we can't afford to try and have 11-on offense and a different 11-on defense.  The offense we run is a spread offense that throws the ball, your strength is power football to take advantage of the lineman, we do not have the atheletes to run the spread offense. On defense you have a player that just finished the JV scrimmage put on the starting Defense as the strong side LB.  Just really disappointing with this being the 3rd scrimmage action to include the intra squad scrimmage to see the level of play tonight, Deweyville is better than that, but the Coach's have to give the players a chance to win by putting the best 11 on the field.  HD came to play, I don't want to take anything from them, however, Deweyville needs to wake up and recognize that unless changes are made, this will be a very long season. IMO

Deweyville had a good coach (Bickham)but they bellyached so much that he left.  HMMMM

Deweyville had a good coach (Bickham)but they bellyached so much that he left.  HMMMM

Who are you talking about that "bellyached" about Coach Bickham?

Just what was seen on here last yr griping about how he ran things.  He was a good coach.  I don't know anything about Dville's current coach.  He's probably a good one as well.  Deweyville just needs to give him time.

Just what was seen on here last yr griping about how he ran things.  He was a good coach.  I don't know anything about Dville's current coach.  He's probably a good one as well.  Deweyville just needs to give him time.

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to run his offense, I'm sure he is a good Coach, but you have to recognize your personnel limitations and strength's.

Jasper has a very good team. Their QB is very impressive and made some nice cuts running the ball and threw the ball well too. Their MLB really impressed me as well and the 2ndary did a great job in the 1st half. Nederland needs work in the 2ndary and the passing game timing was off in the first half. Need to improve on the offensive line to give Bellow more time to throw. Nederland looked a lot better in the 2nd half. Grogan had a nice game running the ball, Vidrine looks much improved at WR, and Cardenas and Salenga looked good at WR as well. Overall, Jasper was clearly the better team tonight, but I think both teams will make the playoffs. I think Nederland will improve throughout the season. I wish the starting RB Krautz could have played tonight. I heard he looked good last week.I really can't remember in the last 10 years or so us looking great in a scrimmage and we sure didn't tonight.

Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to run his offense, I'm sure he is a good Coach, but you have to recognize your personnel limitations and strength's.

I belive Deweyville will come through this year. They might not have the personnel but i belive they will get their heads straight.

Time will show him that. He's new to Dville.  He'll recognize what he can and can't do with his boys.  

Time will show him that. He's new to Dville.  He'll recognize what he can and can't do with his boys.  

I hope your right Stack.

I hope your right Stack.

Oh I may be dead wrong.  But I just think that he deserves a chance and any coach worth his salt will regonize what will work and what won't.

I attended the Jasper/Nederland scrimmage and came away with only two thoughts. First, I ruined my favorite Skecher sandals, and second, both Bulldogs ruined the Nederland football field. That field will never recover for the rest of the season. I was totally shocked that they played on it. It was nothing but a mud hole by halftime. I walked the sideline the whole game and went out on the field at half and sunk to my ankles. This may very well been a ploy to get that turf field now.

BTW, Jasper looks to be at midseason form. Hope they don't peak too early. ;)

I attended the Jasper/Nederland scrimmage and came away with only two thoughts. First, I ruined my favorite Skecher sandals, and second, both Bulldogs ruined the Nederland football field. That field will never recover for the rest of the season. I was totally shocked that they played on it. It was nothing but a mud hole by halftime. I walked the sideline the whole game and went out on the field at half and sunk to my ankles. This may very well been a ploy to get that turf field now.

BTW, Jasper looks to be at midseason form. Hope they don't peak too early. ;)

Sorry, Admin...LMAO!  I hope nobody gets hurt as a result of that "ploy".  Tell him to give some of his raise back to fix up that field!  j/k....

Jasper has a very good team. Their QB is very impressive and made some nice cuts running the ball and threw the ball well too. Their MLB really impressed me as well and the 2ndary did a great job in the 1st half. Nederland needs work in the 2ndary and the passing game timing was off in the first half. Need to improve on the offensive line to give Bellow more time to throw. Nederland looked a lot better in the 2nd half. Grogan had a nice game running the ball, Vidrine looks much improved at WR, and Cardenas and Salenga looked good at WR as well. Overall, Jasper was clearly the better team tonight, but I think both teams will make the playoffs. I think Nederland will improve throughout the season. I wish the starting RB Krautz could have played tonight. I heard he looked good last week.I really can't remember in the last 10 years or so us looking great in a scrimmage and we sure didn't tonight.

JASPER'S BIG RB PERFORMED WELL ALSO. HE ONLY TOUCHED THE BALL ABOUT 4 TIMES IN THE FIRST HALF THAT I SAW, BUT EACH CARRY WAS FOR ABOUT 10 YARDS OR MORE A POP.

Good job Jasper. The starters put up 29 points in 1 half and 1 possession of the second half on a very sloppy field. I just hope we didn't have any injuries. From what I can tell, QB Dominique Bailey has really improved throwing the ball over last season. The bottom line is this, we got what we needed from the scrimmages, now lets forget that and get ready for Gilmer next week.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder