What RB Will Have The "Best First Game This Season?

Guest Kelly Football

I like Ozen's defense but do you really think they are better than Lufkin?

Heck yea!!! it was that lufkin's defense was bad they just didnt want to tackle CM........friday he'll be on the field with plenty of guys who's ready to knock em out

Dude you are talking out the side of your neck.  Ozen wish they had the Lufkin size and speed on defense.  Here is a portion of the 5Atexasfootball write up on Lufkins defense:

A highlight of this Panther team is the defensive line.  Lufkin has the country’s top defensive line prospect returning in senior DL Jamarcus McFarland (6’3 280).  McFarland’s helped anchor the line since his sophomore season and earned district Defensive MVP honors last fall.  Senior Shaquille Teal (5’9 260) also earned all-district honors last year.  Senior Germad Reed (6’1 220) rounds out the experience on what will be a formidable line. 

The secondary is also experienced.  Senior Demarquez Freeman (5’10 170), senior Ka’Landus Phillips (5’8 190) and junior Carrington Byndom (6’0 175) earned all-district recognition in 2007.  Byndom was one of just three sophomores on varsity.

And you say Ozen's defense is better than Lufkin's.  :P

from what i seen on this film today yes ozen's defense is way better......and i am talking about the size of CM and ozen's LB's

Ozen's best defensive player was 3rd team all district, Lufkin's defense has 5 1st team all district players.  We will see friday when West Brook is BEATING Ozen.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck yea!!! it was that lufkin's defense was bad they just didnt want to tackle CM........friday he'll be on the field with plenty of guys who's ready to knock em out

Dude you are talking out the side of your neck.  Ozen wish they had the Lufkin size and speed on defense.  Here is a portion of the 5Atexasfootball write up on Lufkins defense:

A highlight of this Panther team is the defensive line.  Lufkin has the country’s top defensive line prospect returning in senior DL Jamarcus McFarland (6’3 280).  McFarland’s helped anchor the line since his sophomore season and earned district Defensive MVP honors last fall.  Senior Shaquille Teal (5’9 260) also earned all-district honors last year.  Senior Germad Reed (6’1 220) rounds out the experience on what will be a formidable line. 

The secondary is also experienced.  Senior Demarquez Freeman (5’10 170), senior Ka’Landus Phillips (5’8 190) and junior Carrington Byndom (6’0 175) earned all-district recognition in 2007.  Byndom was one of just three sophomores on varsity.

from what i seen on this film today yes ozen's defense is way better......and i am talking about the size of CM and ozen's LB's

Ozen's best defensive player was 3rd team all district, Lufkin's defense has 5 1st team all district players.  We will see friday when West Brook is BEATING Ozen.

yea and he's also the number 4 LB in the state dont think lufkin had any LB's like that.........but yeah we shall see

Guest WeedBegone

trey b and jacoby turner for hj will split 200 yards easy

Man --you've been watchin too much olympics--this thread is not a relay--they are carrying a football --not a baton---one man--one vote.  ;D

I thought he looked awesome.  He's already gotten HALF the yardage that he had in the entire year last year!  Good job, Quinny!  Keep it going and stay healthy!!!!

Gotta give some love to the boys up front, too. They looked much better. The Robinson bros looked good in "mop up" duty as well.

You are right though, the sky's the limit for Quinny this year.

from what i seen on this film today yes ozen's defense is way better......and i am talking about the size of CM and ozen's LB's, man!

Still think Ozen's defense is better than Lufkin?

I thought he looked awesome.  He's already gotten HALF the yardage that he had in the entire year last year!  Good job, Quinny!  Keep it going and stay healthy!!!!

Gotta give some love to the boys up front, too. They looked much better. The Robinson bros looked good in "mop up" duty as well.

You are right though, the sky's the limit for Quinny this year.

YES THE O-LINE DID LOOK GREAT. THE TE # 81 WAS SEE DOWN FIELD MANY OF TIMES GETTING AHEAD OF GARRETT TO MAKE EXTRA BLOCKS AFTER HIS INITIAL BLOCK. ON QUINNY'S LAST TD OF ABOUT 50 YARDS, THE PROVOST KID SPRUNG HIM WITH A KEY BLOCK APPROX 10 YARDS FROM THE GOALLINE AND HE DID THE REST. GREAT JOB STANGS.

He wasn't the ineligible man downfield was he?  LOL!  (Had to say that since you talked about him getting so far ahead of Quinny!)

Great job to the ALL the Mustangs!

AT ONE TIME I THINK HE WAS (LOL), BUT THAT WAS B/C HE HAD ALREADY HANDLED HIS FIRST BLOCK AND WAS LOOKING FOR THAT 2ND TO 3RD LEVEL BLOCK, BUT THAT PENALTY DIDN'T COST US MUCH AT ALL. SO YOU WERE WATCHING THE WHOLE GAME.  8)

Actually, if he plays tightend, he couldn't be ineligible unless we lined up in double tight ends on one side (which we never do). I think the culprit on the illegal receiver was number 60. I always look for that when a flag comes in late from the line judge on a pass play (that's almost always the call). He was hustling trying to get back to the LOS, but it was too late, he was busted. ;D

As said earlier, it didn't hurt us though.

from what i seen on this film today yes ozen's defense is way better......and i am talking about the size of CM and ozen's LB's, man!

Still think Ozen's defense is better than Lufkin?

yes indeed much better........ozen gave away that game even though the score might not say the same........WB will lose early in the playoffs this year their defense is below average and its going to cost them this year

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami