Couple of rule changes

1. The UIL adopted the new NCAA rule of banning the horse-collar tackle, or the Roy Williams tackle.

It's illegal to grab inside collar (back or side) of the should pads and IMMEDIATELY pull the runner down. 15-yard penalty & automatic 1st down.

EXCEPTION: You can horse-collar the QB while he's in the pocket or the runner inside the tackles.

2. All face masks are now 15-yard penalties. It's not a foul if the defender does not twist, turn or pull the helmet.

3. Sideline Interference (Coaches coming onto the field)

No more warnings! Remember, last year you got 2 warnings then a foul

Now, the first and second are 5-yard (delay of game penalty) and the third on is a 15-yard pop (unsportsmanlike conduct).

Strict on the Sideline Warning.

Coop, I've seen you real close to the sideline, Coach Hooks might have to tie a rope on ya.

Roy Williams has the horse collar tackle named after him..The new sideline warning is called the "Dan Ray Hooks penalty".. ;D

We have a "stay back" coach. Besides that Coach Hooks stays calm and back and hardly ever even talks to the officials! ;)

I love it when you get home and watch the tailgate party..they are showing highlights from WOS and they always manage to get a clip in there of ol' Dan Ray in one of them officials ear..steadly chewing that gum...

I can only tell you that the times my boys and I have been down there he is just asking them where they are going for dinner after the game. I think I heard him ask a few of them how their families were doing too. ;D

I love it when you get home and watch the tailgate party..they are showing highlights from WOS and they always manage to get a clip in there of ol' Dan Ray in one of them officials ear..steadly chewing that gum...

I can only tell you that the times my boys and I have been down there he is just asking them where they are going for dinner after the game. I think I heard him ask a few of them how their families were doing too. ;D

you might have misunderstood..He wasn't asking he was "telling" them where they could go, and wasn't asking about the families he was saying when you have a family and you don't have a dad...what is that called??  ;D

you might have misunderstood..He wasn't asking he was "telling" them where they could go, and wasn't asking about the families he was saying when you have a family and you don't have a dad...what is that called??  ;D

Coach is just misunderstood. I think I once heard him say, "excuse me sir but I think you may not have seen our guy being held" Those are the kind of phrases you hear down there.

Shouldn't good ole' Dan be getting penalized for having 12 men on the field.  ;D

Not anymore than any other coach that doesn't stay behind the line. Surely you aren't suggesting that there is a coach that stays behind the line.

Talk about...that is, if the refs are firm, fair, and consistent. 

And, yes...I don't think I have seen too many games when at least one of the coaches was not on the field.

On BOTH sides of the field.  Right, Stang4life?  That's the key to it right there.  Call it on both sides...that's all we ask!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed