2012: Would UNT come to Beaumont?

Assuming Todd Dodge is still in Denton, would North Texas travel to Southeast Texas?  More like us going to Denton.......UNT must be financially strapped if they're playing road games at Kansas St. and LSU.  But Riley Dodge will be fun to watch.

North Texas can not travel to Beaumont. Sun Belt rules prohibit schools from traveling to FCS institutions. TexasStud, the whole Sun Belt conference plays two money games a year (a third sometimes, but then again -- they work it out where it's a neutral site like ULM is 'hosting' Arkansas in Little Rock).

Assuming Todd Dodge is still in Denton, would North Texas travel to Southeast Texas?  More like us going to Denton.......UNT must be financially strapped if they're playing road games at Kansas St. and LSU.  But Riley Dodge will be fun to watch.

Financially strapped?  Not really.  But the extra cash does come it handy.  It allows a program like North Texas to bring well known programs to teh home field.  North Texas will host Kansas State next year in Denton.  Most non-BCS programs play one or two recognized BSC teams for that possible upset, like ULM upsetting Alabama, or Troy beating Oklahoma State.  NT also has a multi game series with Army coming up in a few years.

NT was supposed to play Univ. of Miami (Florida) this season for something like $400,000.  LSU came along and offered NT $850,000.  What would you do?  Tough to pass up.  NT's goal is to only play one "money" game a year like most non-BCS programs.

For Lamar to host a FBS program in Beaumont, they have to come up with some serious money.  I doubt even a North Texas would come to Beaumont for less than $150,000 to $200,000.

Factoid:  Did you know that North Texas hosted Florida State in Denton back in 1974 I believe.  NT lost by one point in six inches of snow!

Financially strapped?  Not really.  But the extra cash does come it handy.  It allows a program like North Texas to bring well known programs to teh home field.  North Texas will host Kansas State next year in Denton.  Most non-BCS programs play one or two recognized BSC teams for that possible upset, like ULM upsetting Alabama, or Troy beating Oklahoma State.  NT also has a multi game series with Army coming up in a few years.

NT was supposed to play Univ. of Miami (Florida) this season for something like $400,000.  LSU came along and offered NT $850,000.  What would you do?  Tough to pass up.  NT's goal is to only play one "money" game a year like most non-BCS programs.

For Lamar to host a FBS program in Beaumont, they have to come up with some serious money.  I doubt even a North Texas would come to Beaumont for less than $150,000 to $200,000.

Factoid:  Did you know that North Texas hosted Florida State in Denton back in 1974 I believe.  NT lost by one point in six inches of snow!

I certainly wasn't dissin' UNT, so relax and get off the soapbox.  The secondary will not get shredded this season, hopefully.

I certainly wasn't dissin' UNT, so relax and get off the soapbox.  The secondary will not get shredded this season, hopefully.

No soapbox here.  And I did not take your question as "dissin" North Texas.  Heck, I wish they would come to Beaumont.  At least I wouldn't have to travel 700 miles RT to see them play. ;D

Peace, my friend.

If you guys haven't checked out www.anygivensaturday.com please do. Texas Terror likes to post everything from the LU board on there for the entire FCS world to see. There is great info about the subdivision and what's going on in the entire FCS world. Frankly, I'm tired of trying to keep the positive spin on LU there. A little help.

If you guys haven't checked out www.anygivensaturday.com please do. Texas Terror likes to post everything from the LU board on there for the entire FCS world to see. There is great info about the subdivision and what's going on in the entire FCS world. Frankly, I'm tired of trying to keep the positive spin on LU there. A little help.

I post everything from every SLC board -- from transfer information, to facility upgrades and more. AGS is a community, the best FCS community on the net and the poll -- the AGS Poll -- does a better job than any other poll, Sports Network, Coaches, etc because we are a well-informed group of individuals from a cross-section of the country.

Are you saying Terror is trashing Lamar on another forum....Noooooooooooooooo, I don't believe it. Not Terror...

Are you saying Terror is trashing Lamar on another forum....Noooooooooooooooo, I don't believe it. Not Terror...

Both positive and negative remarks...just as you'd come to expect on this board. Lots of news articles posted (when HouTexan does not beat me to it), talk about the expansion of the SLC, coaches, facilities, recruiting, etc.

Guest tigersvoice

I post everything from every SLC board -- from transfer information, to facility upgrades and more. AGS is a community, the best FCS community on the net and the poll -- the AGS Poll -- does a better job than any other poll, Sports Network, Coaches, etc because we are a well-informed group of individuals from a cross-section of the country.

Here, let me help you pat yourself on the back before you hurt your arm.

Here, let me help you pat yourself on the back before you hurt your arm.

When you guys are starting to pay attention to FCS when the Cards on the gridiron, you'll understand...

The College Sporting News/Any Given Saturday partnership does a lot more good for FCS than you'd imagine. The AGS top 25 poll even gets in press releases and the preseason poll makes it into media guides. A fan message board with a top 25 poll doing that? Yep -- and it's a more accurate and fare assessor than Sports Network (media), SME (broadcasters) and CCA (coaches) and has been proven as such year and year again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder